Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish to invest in company launching an ICO  (Read 119 times)
rollsroyce (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:57:52 AM

Hello, this is a broad request for information regarding a new ICO.

I have made a large sum of money from investing in Bitcoin. Instead of converting it slowly into US dollars, I want to invest in an ICO .

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company which is looking to launch an ICO and is looking for investors to fund the launch using a combination of Bitcoins and US dollars.

I understand that it would not be cheap and will require significant funds

I am NOT looking to invest in an existing altcoin.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated
rorschach.rev

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:12:44 AM

Most of the altcoins out there are actually "tokens." There are 1300+ "coins" but an unknown number of them are Smart Contracts running inside Ethereum. I launched running Ethereum Classic, because I think Ethereum is over-inflated with a bunch of impossible hype ICO. 15 months after raising $100 mil, companies still have nothing to show for it. How long until people ask, "What ARE you doing?"

So alt-coins are different from tokens, because alt-coins are mined and tokens are not. My ICO is token based *but* I am going to offer a conversion from our token to a Quantum Safe blockchain in the future, which will also burn the token from existence. At launch, it will just do easy things that haven't been done before. Encrypted music, streams and movies delivered on a "per play" basis, with decryption keys sent to browser via plugin. (In-browser wallet makes the wallet public key and signature possible, as well as secure delivery.) I consider this low hanging fruit, for a lot of people it is something they raise $20 mil+ to do. Phase 2 is peer 2 peer delivery, with payment for seeding. Phase 3 is combination of DHT+Onion routing + bandwidth aggregation + bandwidth sharing. I'd like to install that code into various routers and make it so we can simply access, share, host (cache) and deliver content wherever we go. That's a cool way to fight censorship and net neutrality and it will take a few months to build. With enough funding we can do the Android, iPhone, OpenWRT, linux and PC development simultaneously. Using the portable C language, we'll be able to get browser Javascript code for free (emscripten) and support browser access.

The problems with this whole design are:
#1 No privacy built in to transactions
#2 Transaction costs scale with base currency, repricing is unstable
#3 Most of the code is external to the blockchain
#4 The power consumption of mobile devices will be somewhat high for the cryptography
#5 It isn't quantum safe.

So we'll solve all of these problems by releasing a blockchain. I'm an Ethereum/Ethereum Classic dev who works on clientside blockchain code. I don't like the algorithms, metrics, etc. Some of the code is very good, some if it is annoying. There isn't enough test cases written, code coverage is low, etc. So I've been working on these things privately and intend to release them as a blockchain. The suite of test cases I hope to release soon, I've just become distracted by writing code for the ICO, working a blockchain explorer, and dealing with holiday travel and startup woes. I have a few private investors in my Nevada Schedule C Corp, because they wanted access to my intellectual property for their businesses. This IP is not mentioned above, I am unfortunately holding back on describing a lot of the stuff I'm building. The advantage of letting them into my IP is that I'll get more development focused on it, wider use case, and faster time to market for everyone. (Generics and abstracts separated from the implementation and configuration. Basically forced good design.)

https://mediacoin.stream/ (working on a shorter domain name, I need a few more days.) I also hired a few people, using investor funds. We're doing a very low developer reserve, most of the reserve we're keeping for liquidity. (We're giving all royalties to artists, our business model is centered on the network token liquidity.)  I also decided to trade Forex instead of investing my money into Mt Gox to day trade Bitcoin. I both thank my luck and kick myself for not buy and hold. It gave me good trading experience though, I suggest people read up on the "Trending Channel Trade" to understand why we're holding crypto and token for liquidity: steady growth price stability.
drpixou

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:14:20 AM

There are several icos good to invest into, I will search for a page where I have a couple that I'm following and let you know if you want it
curv1991

Activity: 50
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:14:26 AM

Beware not investing in scam ICO and end up with loses!
You should check yourself what ICO has a good future in the current world and talk directly with the staff.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:49:51 AM

I think there are some interesting new projects and token sales are being started.
Beluga Pay https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2270648.0
Trade.io https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367245.0
United Trader https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2384512.0
Tokenpay https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2400499

You can look at and consider this project, but before you decide to participate, you better do some research first.
CryptoNOK
Copper Member

Activity: 286
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:03:17 AM

Check out Sether.io    .

tokenswim.com - token-permissioned communities on the blockchain
paulus59

Activity: 231

View Profile