Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] - How BITTREX try to scam his users: BE AWARE!  (Read 250 times)
carlo__ (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

Margin Call

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:17:58 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 12:38:57 AM by carlo__

Dear Community,

I feel so sad, but i want to warn everyone here in order to stay away from the worst exchange in the world.

They are literally stealing me 10 BTC, and i am so tired to keep the fight with them. I have a family and i have no words to describe in which situation i have to survive now.

I want to attach the whole conversation with them (they merged 2 different tickets; some statements could seems redundant but it's so clear what is happening...just read, if you have 2 minutes)

Summary:

-I opened a ticket for this reason: as ENHANCED user, i had the withdrawal limit still sticked on basic account (maximum 0.4 BTC instead of 100)

After several auto-reply with any real help, they answered me about 1 month later. Rain Cloud, bittrex customer support agent, wrote: "no worries, i have reprocessed your account and now you should be able to withdrawal 100 BTC. Please reply to this ticket if you still get issue".

So, i thought "Finally i can take away my money". I go into login my account and...ta-dah, ACCOUNT DISABLED.

Unbelievable, i replied again to Rain Cloud asking him an help, in the same ticket.

His reply: "You are violating Bittrex Term because you have 2 accounts. Please start the process of ID verification (again? i am an ENHANCED user, i am already verified!) which could take 1 or more month and show us which account email you want to consolidate. We will delete the other one and then we will allow you to withdrawal."

Useless to say that I NEVER HAD 2 ACCOUNTS ON BITTREX and now i don't really know how to leave this scammers.

If you want, you can download the entire ticket support in the following link. I don't look for any BTC donations. I just want to save the community.

If i will get some news from them, i will update this topic.

=======EDIT=======

I removed the download link to the pdf/screenshot of my conversation with customer support, just because i don't want to spread any FUD. I fixed the topic title as SOLVED. Thanks anyway to everybody has taken care of my issue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RakelA96

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:05:20 AM

Make sure your family not using your id for another account, try to verified again.. bittrex have valid address (https://bittrex.com/Home/Contact)... if you worried you can go to their address, 10 btc is not small money

I will continue to monitor this case, hopefully your problem will be completed soon
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:43:21 AM

iam really sorry for your lost i hope you will get you coins back unfortunately Bittrex became a scam site these days i have the same problem but as much as you with them i have 1 etc stuck in there which i cannot withdrew when i tried to upgrade my account to enhanced they told me that they don't support my id which the only i use in my country and i dont have a passport for the verification i opened a ticket for a month now and no answer after what i don't i will use bittrex for trading or depositting any funds
carlo__ (OP)

Margin Call

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:48:32 AM

Dear All,

I wanna thank you for the messages.

We found the issue: i opened an account never used 2 years ago, maybe verified with my national ID (it's unclear because actually seems UNVERIFIED).
I never had a transaction there.

I totally forgot the existence of that.

But it remains still unbelievable how Bittrex manage this kind of situations; 1 month for the first reply, and now "maybe one ore more month for consolidation process (they have to verify me AGAIN and then, erase the older account consolidating my identity into 1)".

They aren't scamming, but customer support is inadequate to allow the users to stay safe and allow them to trade with profit.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:01:22 AM

Dear All,

We found the issue: i opened an account never used 2 years ago, maybe verified with my national ID (it's unclear because actually seems UNVERIFIED).

But it remains still unbelievable how Bittrex manage this kind of situations; 1 month for the first reply, and now "maybe one ore more month for consolidation process (they have to verify me AGAIN and then, erase the older account consolidating my identity into 1)".

They aren't scamming, but customer support is inadequate to allow the users to stay safe and allow them to trade with profit.

So do you not think that you should delete the thread, or at least rename it?

Maybe - I violated the T&Cs of Bittrex, so they temporarily suspended my account - would be more suitable?

You may have noticed that Bitcoin has been getting more popular recently. I dare say that the customer services are overwhelmed and will take longer to respond than they would have a year ago. Throwing around scam accusations because of your fault isn't fair. There is also a scam accusation sub-forum that you should have used.
carlo__ (OP)

Margin Call

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:49:47 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 12:40:31 AM by carlo__

Dear All,

Maybe - I violated the T&Cs of Bittrex, so they temporarily suspended my account - would be more suitable?

You may have noticed that Bitcoin has been getting more popular recently. I dare say that the customer services are overwhelmed and will take longer to respond than they would have a year ago. Throwing around scam accusations because of your fault isn't fair. There is also a scam accusation sub-forum that you should have used.

I agree.

My issue on Bittrex is fixed. The Director of Customer Support of the platform replied me 15 min ago.
There was anyway also their fault; they gave me status of ENHANCED without be sure i was complaint. Then, it tooks 1 month before i got a real help from a support agent.

Thanks anyway to everyone spent his time to read my topic. And sorry.

PS
They must scale out asap the customer service. Doing business in this way is really too much risky for anyone, especially for the newcomers.

PS2
I edited my first post, disabling the link to the conversation i had with customer support and fixing the topic title.
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:56:14 PM

Dear Community,

I feel so sad, but i want to warn everyone here in order to stay away from the worst exchange in the world.

They are literally stealing me 10 BTC, and i am so tired to keep the fight with them. I have a family and i have no words to describe in which situation i have to survive now.

I want to attach the whole conversation with them (they merged 2 different tickets; some statements could seems redundant but it's so clear what is happening...just read, if you have 2 minutes)

Summary:

-I opened a ticket for this reason: as ENHANCED user, i had the withdrawal limit still sticked on basic account (maximum 0.4 BTC instead of 100)

After several auto-reply with any real help, they answered me about 1 month later. Rain Cloud, bittrex customer support agent, wrote: "no worries, i have reprocessed your account and now you should be able to withdrawal 100 BTC. Please reply to this ticket if you still get issue".

So, i thought "Finally i can take away my money". I go into login my account and...ta-dah, ACCOUNT DISABLED.

Unbelievable, i replied again to Rain Cloud asking him an help, in the same ticket.

His reply: "You are violating Bittrex Term because you have 2 accounts. Please start the process of ID verification (again? i am an ENHANCED user, i am already verified!) which could take 1 or more month and show us which account email you want to consolidate. We will delete the other one and then we will allow you to withdrawal."

Useless to say that I NEVER HAD 2 ACCOUNTS ON BITTREX and now i don't really know how to leave this scammers.

If you want, you can download the entire ticket support in the following link. I don't look for any BTC donations. I just want to save the community.

If i will get some news from them, i will update this topic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji5ez0m3sis9ak5/Bittrex%20Support.pdf?dl=0

Look around in this forum, Bittrex just shuts down the peoples accounts for no reason lol.

Continue messaging support.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:09:55 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 07:39:10 PM by pitiflin

This belongs in the scam accusations board.
I'm getting scared to make any more trades in bittrex, it's not enhanced account also.  Cry Man bittrex is good for trading, I haven't had any issues with it yet.
There are so many issues with bittrex and most of the exchange and I cannot do anything else but feel sorry for you. Hope you get your funds out of bittrex as soon as possible. Good luck to you.
Edit :- seems like your issue has been solved.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
lunasol

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:16:44 PM

This awareness is certainly necessary. Although I haven’t been a victim, I know far too many people who lost out on dire trades and extractions since Bittrex’s “updates.”

I mean, still use it. It’s great. Always remember the phrase “don’t trade what you can’t affird to lose.”
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:44:37 PM

Dear All,

I agree.

My issue on Bittrex is fixed. The Director of Customer Support of the platform replied me 15 min ago.
There was anyway also their fault; they gave me status of ENHANCED without be sure i was complaint. Then, it tooks 1 month before i got a real help from a support agent.

Thanks anyway to everyone spent his time to read my topic. And sorry.

PS
They must scale out asap the customer service. Doing business in this way is really too much risky for anyone, especially for the newcomers.

PS2
I will delete the topic in 24 hours, just to be sure that who replied me is going to read this my last post.

This is just a proof of how legitimate Bittrex is. I was worried while reading your main post but later realized that a big part of it was your own fault. Now, it looks like your problem is now solved, this should serve as a lesson for others also.
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:04:36 PM

The support are always online to help you out on any issues patterning the platform . It is good news to hear that your account is fixed.
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:18:59 PM

Your issue is now resolved, so I think you should immediately edit your opening post with a huge bold opening text like "EDIT: the issue is now solved" or otherwise you are contributing to spread FUD, confusion and panic unnecessarily.

Just take a look at the posts before you posted it is now solved: most users do not read the whole thread and they are leaving it with the idea that this exchange is scamming innocent users
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:22:35 PM

I am sure that a private wallets comes with some risk but stories like this and what i have seen with my own
eyes makes me think that moving out of Coinbase was a good move and now I just want to attack the miners
(all owned by ten big names just about) and crash there banks of GPU's for being rip-off-merchants with the fees

Good to hear you got your money sorted, you rich bastard  Cheesy

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: