Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I like CGB?  (Read 1672 times)
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:20:15 AM

Really?? Again with the useless walls of text and ignorant talk how CGB (or any other coin) is bad in some way?
Drop it, nobody cares about your nonsense.

We love CGB, even more for its rarity  Wink

How do you think it compares to BitBar???  a POW-POS script hashing coin   DOes CGB give a POS stake payment in Coins???  What effective annual rate???  - digeros

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 12:26:17 AM

Really?? Again with the useless walls of text and ignorant talk how CGB (or any other coin) is bad in some way?
Drop it, nobody cares about your nonsense.

We love CGB, even more for its rarity  Wink

How do you think it compares to BitBar???  a POW-POS script hashing coin   DOes CGB give a POS stake payment in Coins???  What effective annual rate???  - digeros
Read all about it here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0
You can decide on the "how do you think it compares" part, as I'm not gonna state an official opinion, not now, not here.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 12:28:21 AM

CGB block reward halves every month or so.
Bitcoin block reward halves every 3-4 years.

CGB gives no time for itself to become established and become useful to create enough transaction fees to sustain a secure network.

So what are you saying?  That CGB halves itself into oblivion?  Did you come up with that reasoning all by yourself or did you get help?

Bitcoin has no POS.
Bitcoin has no PO'L' (longevity).
Bitcoin is the first chapter in a book that is best known for its twisted ending.  
Bitcoin is a big stone wheel, relentlessly being pushed along by the blind, leading the blind in tow.
Bitcoin was yesterday!....who knows what is today....and who knows what is tomorrow??
Bitcoin is so slow that I could send one of my pigeons to make a transaction, and return the receipt before the first confirm.
Bitcoin will ever so slowwwwly become obsolete. An antique, a novelty item.
Bitcoin is a relic to those who have buried it, but still a treasure to those who discover it.
Bitcoin is a template, a design, a seed, an origin.
Bitcoin is an insight, a beginning, a doorway to a whole new meaning.
Bitcoin is the giants shoulders on which we stand......but nothing more than this.

Some people are ignorant.
Some people are stubborn.
Some people are stupid.
Some people have just arrived, and some are leaving.
Some people are just looking ahead to the future, to make our dreams come true.

Exactly Killiz!!! Bravo, I could not Agree more  --- I cant believe how long transactions are starting to take on the BTC network and actively exploring alt-coins as further experiments on this idea of a secure blockchain based coin  and the different methods used to secure the infrastructure of the coin...  Can I quote you elsewhere  I am going to have it ticker across my laptop screensaver... it is quite brilliant and poignant.  - digeros
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:07:57 AM

CGB is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper.

Sure its not  Grin
Killiz (OP)

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:40:07 AM

CGB block reward halves every month or so.
Bitcoin block reward halves every 3-4 years.

CGB gives no time for itself to become established and become useful to create enough transaction fees to sustain a secure network.

So what are you saying?  That CGB halves itself into oblivion?  Did you come up with that reasoning all by yourself or did you get help?

Bitcoin has no POS.
Bitcoin has no PO'L' (longevity).
Bitcoin is the first chapter in a book that is best known for its twisted ending.  
Bitcoin is a big stone wheel, relentlessly being pushed along by the blind, leading the blind in tow.
Bitcoin was yesterday!....who knows what is today....and who knows what is tomorrow??
Bitcoin is so slow that I could send one of my pigeons to make a transaction, and return the receipt before the first confirm.
Bitcoin will ever so slowwwwly become obsolete. An antique, a novelty item.
Bitcoin is a relic to those who have buried it, but still a treasure to those who discover it.
Bitcoin is a template, a design, a seed, an origin.
Bitcoin is an insight, a beginning, a doorway to a whole new meaning.
Bitcoin is the giants shoulders on which we stand......but nothing more than this.

Some people are ignorant.
Some people are stubborn.
Some people are stupid.
Some people have just arrived, and some are leaving.
Some people are just looking ahead to the future, to make our dreams come true.

Exactly Killiz!!! Bravo, I could not Agree more  --- I cant believe how long transactions are starting to take on the BTC network and actively exploring alt-coins as further experiments on this idea of a secure blockchain based coin  and the different methods used to secure the infrastructure of the coin...  Can I quote you elsewhere  I am going to have it ticker across my laptop screensaver... it is quite brilliant and poignant.  - digeros

Yea do what you want with it digeros, was just a moment's passing thought. Some of my thoughts are best not shared, locked away in a dark recess somewhere, but feel free to do as you wish with this one
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 09:42:55 AM

CGB is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper.

Sure its not  Grin
A few BTC could buy up so much of it. You can profit over in short term yes. Holding onto longer, with current price = a lot of profit.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:21:42 AM

Sure its not  Grin
A few BTC could buy up so much of it. You can profit over in short term yes. Holding onto longer, with current price = a lot of profit.

i wasn't meaning short term whims of the markte trading.

comments are based on people saying this "is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper.", when there almost isn't a coin out there better suited Wink
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 10:28:27 AM

Sure its not  Grin

comments are based on people saying this "is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper.", when there almost isn't a coin out there better suited Wink
You make a fine point sir.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:21:06 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 04:00:51 PM by Killiz

Sure its not  Grin

In the short term this may seem so, as there are a lot of 'Bullions' out there on the market. Over the next couple of months, as the mining reward is reduced, and as more people begin to become holders of CB, and the longterm holders add to their own savings, the short term 'playing' supply will dry up.

Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:29:39 PM

Why do I like CGB?

One million cap

First three months approx 82% mined

Developers are active on the forums and in trade sites.  I personally saw Elambert looking for BitJohn on Cryptsy to make sure they had updated their wallet client 6 hrs before the deadline.

They will be very difficult to mine in just three months.

Very small premine with full a disclosure ledger

"Do you have any Crypto?"  just sounds friggin cool

I can buy hot sauce with them.

Developers have communicated information about any news or updates quickly and efficiently.  All updates went very smooth, from my personal experiences.

I'm sorry but this one is just a no brainer, there are approx 170 currencies recognized by the UN in the world today.  We need alternatives to the bitcoin, Cryptogenic Bullion has displayed the community and capability to do so thus far.

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 05:32:40 PM

Why do I like CGB? Because I like it.
Simple as that.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:22:46 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 08:57:03 PM by Killiz

Why do I like CGB?

One million cap

First three months approx 82% mined

Developers are active on the forums and in trade sites.  I personally saw Elambert looking for BitJohn on Cryptsy to make sure they had updated their wallet client 6 hrs before the deadline.

They will be very difficult to mine in just three months.

Very small premine with full a disclosure ledger

"Do you have any Crypto?"  just sounds friggin cool

I can buy hot sauce with them.

Developers have communicated information about any news or updates quickly and efficiently.  All updates went very smooth, from my personal experiences.

I'm sorry but this one is just a no brainer, there are approx 170 currencies recognized by the UN in the world today.  We need alternatives to the bitcoin, Cryptogenic Bullion has displayed the community and capability to do so thus far.

+1

Yes of course, lets not forget about the team behind CB, their honesty, and all they have done to make this currency what it is.

Many new currencies that have been released lately, have been just for the sole purpose of the developer/developers making a quick buck.
Premining/instamining, promising services and giveaways which this premine/instamine is supposedly going to pay for, hyping the currency up, bribing an exchange, dumping their coins as soon as it hits the exchange, then running on to their next release and so on and so on.

The CB Dev team are doing things in the total opposite way, and in the right way at that. They know trust and transparency are among the first building blocks of anything new which people are going to buy into and support. They have been working hard on CB, and are building a solid framework around it.
They have always had the end product in mind, not just hoping it will get to where they would like it to be, but actively moving it towards its goal, as a high value per unit commodity. They are investing their time and money into it, knowing if they work hard enough, people will support it, and it will become something we can all use, whether that be as a store of value, or for exchange of goods and services.

Also don't forget about us, the community supporting it either. We are the legs on which it stands, and as much important as the Dev team themselves. We are the ones carrying CB towards that goal, whilst they are the ones clearing the path ahead.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:36:48 AM

Because I Do! And mostly of all.........because all of you do too!  Grin Have a good day  Wink

+1,000,000

thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:17:17 AM

There are only 1 million to be mined, and in only under 9 months, at the present time to mine them, after this the POS will kick in to keep the blockchain moving, even if the miners drop off, (although there will still be a block reward for miners of 0.01 CGB per block, which at the ''then'' price should be enough incentive to mine) and around 25000 per year will be awarded as Proof Of Stake interest to those which are holding.
Or if you use the same PoS code as allmost every other coin, you just create forks and stuck blockchains.
Yeah, no forks or stuck blockchains with CB.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:37:57 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 09:30:21 AM by Killiz

There are only 1 million to be mined, and in only under 9 months, at the present time to mine them, after this the POS will kick in to keep the blockchain moving, even if the miners drop off, (although there will still be a block reward for miners of 0.01 CGB per block, which at the ''then'' price should be enough incentive to mine) and around 25000 per year will be awarded as Proof Of Stake interest to those which are holding.
Or if you use the same PoS code as allmost every other coin, you just create forks and stuck blockchains.
Yeah, no forks or stuck blockchains with CB.

When I said this ^^, I never meant, or thought that the miners would drop off to zero, that just ain't going to happen, there will always be hashing power behind CB.
As MercSuey said earlier in this thread, the Dev team have up 20mh designated to mining CB, to help prevent this happening.
It would only take a handful of miners with decent hashing power to double this, and the block reward may be, at that time, profitable enough to give incentive for miners to carry on mining.

Lets just see how this plays out, and if indeed you are right about this, as we approach this point, see how things are and come up with a solution. Instead of spreading FUD, why not do something useful with yourself and post an idea of how you see this being prevented.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: