Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I like CGB?  (Read 1672 times)
Killiz (OP)

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:08:45 AM

Because I Do! And mostly of all.........because all of you do too!  Grin Have a good day  Wink
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:09:46 AM

Awesome champ. Have nice day
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:27:05 AM

CGB block reward halves every month or so.
Bitcoin block reward halves every 3-4 years.

CGB gives no time for itself to become established and become useful to create enough transaction fees to sustain a secure network.

mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:32:07 AM

CGB gives no time for itself to become established and become useful to create enough transaction fees to sustain a secure network.

So what are you saying?  That CGB halves itself into oblivion?  Did you come up with that reasoning all by yourself or did you get help?
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:44:20 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 04:47:47 AM by Killiz

So what are you saying?  That CGB halves itself into oblivion?  Did you come up with that reasoning all by yourself or did you get help?

Bitcoin has no POS.
Bitcoin has no PO'L' (longevity).
Bitcoin is the first chapter in a book that is best known for its twisted ending.  
Bitcoin is a big stone wheel, relentlessly being pushed along by the blind, leading the blind in tow.
Bitcoin was yesterday!....who knows what is today....and who knows what is tomorrow??
Bitcoin is so slow that I could send one of my pigeons to make a transaction, and return the receipt before the first confirm.
Bitcoin will ever so slowwwwly become obsolete. An antique, a novelty item.
Bitcoin is a relic to those who have buried it, but still a treasure to those who discover it.
Bitcoin is a template, a design, a seed, an origin.
Bitcoin is an insight, a beginning, a doorway to a whole new meaning.
Bitcoin is the giants shoulders on which we stand......but nothing more than this.

Some people are ignorant.
Some people are stubborn.
Some people are stupid.
Some people have just arrived, and some are leaving.
Some people are just looking ahead to the future, to make our dreams come true.
mercSuey

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:59:43 AM

We do have big plans for development and we're working on them everyday.  And I don't mean web development...I mean with the blockchain itself.  But more details to be disclosed later.  And lets be clear...CB is more virtual commodity than currency.  The infrastructure is there to be used as a currency, but we are not trying to develop the next all-knowing all-seeing currency.  We're something else entirely, and this will become more clear as time goes on.
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:20:32 AM

We do have big plans for development and we're working on them everyday.  And I don't mean web development...I mean with the blockchain itself.  But more details to be disclosed later.  And lets be clear...CB is more virtual commodity than currency.  The infrastructure is there to be used as a currency, but we are not trying to develop the next all-knowing all-seeing currency.  We're something else entirely, and this will become more clear as time goes on.

This exactly.
From the start CGB was promoted as a store of value, rather than a small change currency. I and a few others understand this knowing that CGB is something to acquire now, and to hold for the long term. Once the majority of CGB is mined, the POS algorithm will take over to keep the blockchain alive.

There are only 1 million to be mined, and in only under 9 months, at the present time to mine them, after this the POS will kick in to keep the blockchain moving, even if the miners drop off, (although there will still be a block reward for miners of 0.01 CGB per block, which at the ''then'' price should be enough incentive to mine) and around 25000 per year will be awarded as Proof Of Stake interest to those which are holding.

CGB is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper. It is for long term investor.

claycoins

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:31:32 AM

So what are you saying?  That CGB halves itself into oblivion?  Did you come up with that reasoning all by yourself or did you get help?

LOL, sorry that is what I read when the coin is released.  Looks like it is slightly changed that it halves until 0.01 but that is hardly going to matter.

claycoins

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:33:18 AM

This exactly.
From the start CGB was promoted as a store of value, rather than a small change currency. I and a few others understand this knowing that CGB is something to acquire now, and to hold for the long term. Once the majority of CGB is mined, the POS algorithm will take over to keep the blockchain alive.

There are only 1 million to be mined, and in only under 9 months, at the present time to mine them, after this the POS will kick in to keep the blockchain moving, even if the miners drop off, (although there will still be a block reward for miners of 0.01 CGB per block, which at the ''then'' price should be enough incentive to mine) and around 25000 per year will be awarded as Proof Of Stake interest to those which are holding.

CGB is not for the daytrader/overnight quick profit investor, or the pump and dumper. It is for long term investor.

Is POS going to move your coins on the network...NO.

Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:38:32 AM

This exactly.

Not a coin, maybe you missed something.....read again. POS read again.
mercSuey

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:40:54 AM

This exactly.

You just said there will be a PoW reward of 0.01.  And difficulty can adjust to near zero, giving incentive to mine for PoW rewards.  But lets just assume the worst case scenario at that point that it isn't profitable to mine.  Well, we have designated miners of up 20mh to assure the PoW blocks are moving....

You, sir, are less than half-informed of our developments and our future plans.  I'd suggest you play the wait-and-see game.
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:51:35 AM

This exactly.

You just said there will be a PoW reward of 0.01.  And difficulty can adjust to near zero, giving incentive to mine for PoW rewards.  But lets just assume the worst case scenario at that point that it isn't profitable to mine.  Well, we have designated miners of up 20mh to assure the PoW blocks are moving....

You, sir, are less than half-informed of our developments and our future plans.  I'd suggest you play the wait-and-see game.

I never said 0.01!! you did https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0...seems like i'm more than half informed than you are.
I'm up on CGB I hold over 4% of what there will ever be and if I want that blockchain to move I will move it myself.
I'm trying to promote this thing... maybe this isn't your thing and should be left to your friend Elambert to do the talking cos you sounding a bit of a dick to me.
mercSuey

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:52:50 AM

This exactly.

I never said 0.01!! you did https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0...seems like i'm more than half informed than you are.
I'm up on CGB I hold over 4% of what there will ever be and if I want that blockchain to move I will move it myself.
I'm trying to promote this thing... maybe this isn't your thing and should be left to your friend Elambert to do the talking cos you sounding a bit of a dick to me.

Killiz, that wasn't addressed to you, brother.   Perhaps I should have replied directly to claycoins comment.  Apologies for the misunderstanding, but I thought it was clear by my answer who I was speaking to.  Smiley
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:58:37 AM

This exactly.

Killiz, that wasn't addressed to you, brother.   Perhaps I should have replied directly to claycoins comment.  Apologies for the misunderstanding, but I thought it was clear by my answer who I was speaking to.  Smiley
Was myself who mentioned the 0.01 reward and that was what your initial response was aimed at, read it a couple of times and still looked like you were firing one at me Smiley
mercSuey

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:03:15 AM

LOL, sorry that is what I read when the coin is released.  Looks like it is slightly changed that it halves until 0.01 but that is hardly going to matter.

Killiz, I was replying to this...he just said PoW will halve until 0.01 reward.  Again, apologies for the misunderstanding.  Smiley

...I'm going back to coding, you're right...I'll leave public relations to Elambert.  lol
Killiz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:07:00 AM

Killiz, I was replying to this...he just said PoW will halve until 0.01 reward.  Again, apologies for the misunderstanding.  Smiley

...I'm going back to coding, you're right...I'll leave public relations to Elambert.  lol

Yea I see where he mentioned it now, just read through the entire post  Cheesy maybe I should take a pill from time to time, or go for a walk round the block.....no hard feelings Merc
mercSuey

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:07:30 AM

Yea I see where he mentioned it now, just read through the entire post  Cheesy maybe I should take a pill from time to time, or go for a walk round the block.....no hard feelings Merc

None at all.  It's all good.  Smiley
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:08:26 AM

Because I Do! And mostly of all.........because all of you do too!  Grin Have a good day  Wink

God bless you my friend!

Glad to see you and Merc ironed things out Smiley

I will PM you now, I have something I would like to discuss with you...
minerapia

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:17:10 AM

Or if you use the same PoS code as allmost every other coin, you just create forks and stuck blockchains.

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 01:14:07 PM

Really?? Again with the useless walls of text and ignorant talk how CGB (or any other coin) is bad in some way?
Drop it, nobody cares about your nonsense.

We love CGB, even more for its rarity  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: