Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dip: The Christmas Gift?  (Read 315 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:46:03 PM

Well, for people waiting for a dip to buy more bitcoins it is probably a gift, but for those who already bought Bitcoins in the middle of the bull run, it is a bad news as they will have to wait for some more time to sell back their Bitcoins and cash out their profits,

If you buy Bitcoin just to book quick profits, you're a straight gambler. People have to learn that this market has also short term peaks, and this short term peak was near the $20k level. If you buy close to such levels and still expect it to go up further, you aside from being a gambler as I pointed out already, are also lacking market understanding. It was clear that there wasn't much more gas left to fuel the crypto train, and when this happens, you'll either patiently keep holding through, or you secure profits. I managed to cash out some profits a while ago, and it turns out to have been a great decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

I bought some coins at $12,000 and im feeling confident with that decision. The price is holding well since the last dip. Bitcoin completed his panic-sell cycle which always happens when there is a big rise, and it maintains a new, higher floor than before, as investors flock in to buy the dip and aren't willing to miss the boat. Everytime you don't buy the dip, you are taking a risk by potentially not being able to ever afford 1 BTC ever again, and these that own and understand the value of having at least 1 BTC, decrease the selling pressure over time. The conclusion is clear: the long term bitcoin holder always wins.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:29:38 PM

This is truly a gift from Christmas to all of those who are coming into crypto currencies. Buying now is the best time, cause it will rise higher after the Christmas and new year celebration, which when it starts rising it will generate happiness to all holders and to the new buyers. Enjoy your Christmas celebration with bitcoin and be more happier after the new year celebration.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:45:08 PM

That's true, make this big dip an opportunity to buy more bitcoin to gain more profit in the future. I think this dips are temporary, for sure after the holiday season, investors will come in again into bitcoin.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:32:59 AM

Yeah, people like me will be slightly happier for this correction, long awaited and long delayed. Definitely had a good run and honestly not out of sync with the rise and decline patterns we've been accustomed to over the past year. Is this a good place to buy more Bitcoin? For sure, and to return alts to better levels against Bitcoin, I might add. I may even be hoping for below 10k if it it will mean a healthy surge back to $15k and a stabilisation attempt there. Christmas gift indeed, if anyone here is looking for a payout in crypto.

Overall, my holdings have slipped 30% from just a few days ago, so diversification hasn't really changed the broad pattern of losses, but like most holders, this is but a blip we're happy to have now rather than later. Well, if is goes down a further 20-25% in this final week of December, I'll be an expert for having predicted a max level of $10k by the end of 2017 Wink
Of course! This is more like having a sweet year and then bitcoin giving us a chance for the next year to buy in more at a lower price. A max level of $10k would actually be a very good one and I am really trying to see if the $10k may last though as there are so many buy order at that point, but let's see how it goes. that would really give an opportunity to get at even a better price. It is really a Christmas gift and I hope the discount phase lasts.

Yeah, this is more like a Christmas gift truly for those who really understand the main value of bitcoin and not just an asset. A lot have bought in now and even if we still end up having another dip, a lot will still definitely be buying more.

If this did not happen and the whole craziness kept going, it would have happened at some point anyway and that time probably would have been worst, but it is good we got this and from here onward, we can have some good movement upward.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:09:35 PM

It's definitely a huge Christmas gift for those waiting at the bottom. lol It's only bad for those who bought at the peak and still holding on for dear life.
I wish there would be another bigger word that huge and not just a synonym of huge. Huge is good, and even after all the great rise we had in the years, we just had a sweet time to buy more for ourselves in the dip. Some have still predicted that we may experience some more dip, but who knows, when it comes, we will take that as a chance to get the best of the currency and I hope the weaker hands would have learned and gotten back stronger.

Apparently, not many people will see it as Christmas gift. For some who got into bitcoin for the wrong and greedy reasons, I am sure they must have been cursing themselves or bitcoin by now rather than sitting to understand why they are really here in the first place. Now, I see this as a very lovely crypto shopping and just very few who understand the value of bitcoin will take the present chance and not miss it.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:34:02 PM

It's definitely a huge Christmas gift for those waiting at the bottom. lol It's only bad for those who bought at the peak and still holding on for dear life.

Only for those who were only looking to buy, but it was not a good christmas present for those who wanted to withdraw some money in order to buy stuff or just gifts (like me)

I dont know, i didn't wanted to cashout a lot of money, maybe $200 or $300, but i didn't because of the fees + the price was less than $11k, so it was not worth it.

But those who bought in there, are in a huge profit right now
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:28:46 AM

I believe that $12.5K is the ABSOLUTE floor. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: