Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason behind Bitcoin Dip (Crash)  (Read 849 times)
Aventhe (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:21:43 AM

I would like to understand the main reason behind the bitcoin dip/crash (whatever it may be). Currently BTC is trading at 12.5K on preev.com, and I am beginning to become scared as to what the near future may hold for bitcoin.

Is this a Bitcoin crash? Or is it a crypto crash too? Is it just the holiday season or something else? We can also see on coinmarketcap.com that in essence, almost ALL alt-coins are also down by a similar amount in %.

Hold or sell, what do you think?

PS: Please don't just spam this thread with:"Sell now, it will crash" or "Don't worry, it will go up". Base your points on facts that drive the discussion forward, not just general terms that have been already written down many times before.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Markzuckertion

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:24:22 AM

Just part of volatility cicle, or may be it is the end of bitcoin, I don't know whats hapoen for real. I just hope that the price will rise again. Bitcoin still give us so many benefits.

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:26:28 AM

Its a normal correction. Nothing to stress about. People sell for various reasons. Remember now that the whales and institutional money is in, they control the price right now. Infact we do deserve a correction, the price has been going up at a ridiculous pace. I wouldnt withdraw unless you really need the money. I am currently looking for coins to buy. So I have no plans to sell.
Slimberry

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:27:48 AM

Should I sell or hold? Right now sincere advise needed.
vesso

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:31:52 AM

Hold and buy more coins at low price  Wink
After holidays they will rise up again.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:33:22 AM

I don't think it is a correction. I think it is due to the obvious limitations of the coin, victim of its own success. The coin was not prepared for mass adoption (and I say "mass adoption" but it is very far from being the case now, obviously).
Fees (in Bitcoin):
2 years ago, 25 to 30 btc a day
1 year ago, 65 to 80 btc a day,
today, 150 to 210 btc a day, that's around +600 % in 2 years, absolutely shocking. It is way too expensive.

A shame because the concept of Bitcoin is great, but it is technologically limited.
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1534
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:34:44 AM

I would like to understand the main reason behind the bitcoin dip/crash (whatever it may be). Currently BTC is trading at 12.5K on preev.com, and I am beginning to become scared as to what the near future may hold for bitcoin.

Is this a Bitcoin crash? Or is it a crypto crash too? Is it just the holiday season or something else? We can also see on coinmarketcap.com that in essence, almost ALL alt-coins are also down by a similar amount in %.

PS: Please don't just spam this thread with:"Sell now, it will crash" or "Don't worry, it will go up". Base your points on facts that drive the discussion forward, not just general terms that have been already written down many times before.
I think the price drops on all the coins only in the holiday season and the beginning of the year later they will rise higher. the reason I say that is because at the end of the year people need money for Christmas and New Year's parties, so they sell a lot of bitcoin or other cryptocurrency for the end of the year.

Aventhe (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:34:52 AM

Just part of volatility cicle, or may be it is the end of bitcoin, I don't know whats hapoen for real. I just hope that the price will rise again. Bitcoin still give us so many benefits.

To be the end of Bitcoin is to say bye bye to cryptocurrencies in general. IMO, the crypto-machine has just been started, and when Bitcoin's transaction congestion+fees have been adjusted, it would have to go up.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:35:24 AM

GTHO. (Get The Hell Out)
ClumsySmile45

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:35:44 AM

I don't think it is a correction. I think it is due to the obvious limitations of the coin, victim of its own success. The coin was not prepared for mass adoption (and I say "mass adoption" but it is very far from being the case now, obviously).
Fees (in Bitcoin):
today, 150 to 210 btc a day, that's around +600 % in 2 years, absolutely shocking. It is way too expensive.

A shame because the concept of Bitcoin is great, but it is technologically limited.

Is there a way to improve its technology? It is very alarming right now, how the transaction fees have ballooned and its transactions process get slower and slower.
Aventhe (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:37:54 AM

I think the price drops on all the coins only in the holiday season and the beginning of the year later they will rise higher. the reason I say that is because at the end of the year people need money for Christmas and New Year's parties, so they sell a lot of bitcoin or other cryptocurrency for the end of the year.
I think this would have to be the case.

Fees (in Bitcoin):

Is there a way to improve its technology? It is very alarming right now, how the transaction fees have ballooned and its transactions process get slower and slower.

Possibly the lightning network is the key to this trouble, but that awaits to be seen as to when it will be adopted.

GTHO. (Get The Hell Out)

Why? Read OP please....

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:38:41 AM

It is going down the same pace as it went up. I think it is just right, and where should really be. If it there was no crazy surge in the past two months, this is the price we should be in. I say hold because we already know how high we can get if we hold.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:39:09 AM

Yes, I agree with you. It's a natural step in the Bitcoin growth. Nothing grows to infinite, BTC makes 10 steps forward and 1 back. Smiley
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:39:39 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 08:12:59 PM by jonemil24

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is getting much slower and the transaction fee is getting much expensive, it's what I see why people are dumping it. But, you might want to consider the time of the year right now; people are selling because of the holiday season, and other people might be panic selling because of fear.

If you are a true believer of bitcoin and other cryptourrencies, you will understand its nature by now. It goes up and down from time to time, try to look on its previous market for further understanding. If you just get in the train to gain profit and multiply your fiat, then I would suggest to make your own decision, whatever it maybe.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
hkdfgkdf

Activity: 337
Merit: 195

Graphics/Signature Designer https://bit.ly/2Q1AOrY

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:40:47 AM

I am also a little bit worried about the decreasing of price. I think that people are just cashing out their money because of the holiday seasons, Christmas and then New Year. They need money for spending for the celebrations. For me, I will still hold it hoping that it will sky high again after the holidays.

Gintron

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:42:08 AM

I think there is nothing to fear about. Bitcoin will grow again. I think that this is just because of the holidays, after they pass everything should normalize again.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
ClumsySmile45

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:42:13 AM

I think this would have to be the case.

Fees (in Bitcoin):

Possibly the lightning network is the key to this trouble, but that awaits to be seen as to when it will be adopted.

GTHO. (Get The Hell Out)

Why? Read OP please....

I agree that bitcoin was not ready for the surge of investors, If there will be a way to enhance its systems there will be no worries to anyone anymore.
mr.bitcoin2k17

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:43:29 AM

I think you should hold. It's too early for cryptocurrencies to crash right now. Seems like a correction (bigger than usual, but anyway)

This may also be explained by the growing popularity of crypto; they are becoming 'mainstream'. And the early holders start to cash out, scared of what can happen because of this popularity
ClumsySmile45

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:46:58 AM

As long as the bitcoins technology is not fixed. More and more speculation will rise about bitcoin's crash. I think the fix is needed fast.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:47:05 AM

It's basically the Blockchain is flooded by an unconfirmed transaction, This strange thing happened right after some shit news regarding Co-Founder of Bitcoin.com decided to sold his BTC and buy BCH. This is obvious that there is a group behind it that spreading the FUD to dump BTC. This may what they called "Operation Dragon Slayer". But don't worry once they realize that crypto market will be dump as well, They will shitting BTC again. Expect new ATM after this Big crash. Keep on Hodling or Bag some cheap BTC!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: