Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some ICO promoters feel like they do not have to be fair with investors?  (Read 112 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:07:20 AM

I have now participated in a few ICOs. For the moment, I am glad I took part in Quantstamp, very organised, no rush, decent profit, ... excellent

And in all the rest... well, either you had to be quick on the keyboard and have a fast node (Gifto), there were technical problems (Bread), tokens were released before the end of the ICO (Ripio) and lately, the WAX token which has been the worst by far: The team decided to build a new blockchain, change the number of tokens and released tokens to some investors before other without locking them.

Some people say this is crypto, and what I say is that this behaviours and lack of compromise with the people that are trusting you and giving their money is going to kill the ICO business.

FOR INVESTORS - Track the teams, track the ICO managers, make sure that your money only goes to those that have a record of keeping their word. We have to defend ourselves. Please, care about your money because they don't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k_kuchkarov

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:20:44 AM

I have now participated in a few ICOs. For the moment, I am glad I took part in Quantstamp, very organised, no rush, decent profit, ... excellent

And in all the rest... well, either you had to be quick on the keyboard and have a fast node (Gifto), there were technical problems (Bread), tokens were released before the end of the ICO (Ripio) and lately, the WAX token which has been the worst by far: The team decided to build a new blockchain, change the number of tokens and released tokens to some investors before other without locking them.

Some people say this is crypto, and what I say is that this behaviours and lack of compromise with the people that are trusting you and giving their money is going to kill the ICO business.

FOR INVESTORS - Track the teams, track the ICO managers, make sure that your money only goes to those that have a record of keeping their word. We have to defend ourselves. Please, care about your money because they don't.

Yes you are right! Many companies at the moment do not do what they promise, despite the fact that they have reached softcap!
We must first study this company well then invest!
There are companies that simply say that they have an audit, and disappear for months and they say that they did not pass the audit and all investments were frozen or something in this spirit
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:13:45 PM

Yes you are right! Many companies at the moment do not do what they promise, despite the fact that they have reached softcap!
We must first study this company well then invest!
There are companies that simply say that they have an audit, and disappear for months and they say that they did not pass the audit and all investments were frozen or something in this spirit

Sometimes is just plainly ridiculous, any decent company behaving in that way would get a class action suit. For the moment, only 1 in 5 of the ICOs I have been in have had no problems nor mismanagement.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: