Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-21] Russia to Introduce Cryptocurrency Regulation Bill Next Week  (Read 66 times)
Terraformer (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:08:07 AM

New cryptocurrency laws are expected to be introduced for official consideration to the Russia's national legislature on Dec. 28, according to a senior government official.

Russian media sources RIA and TASS cited comments from lawmaker Anatoly Aksakov, who chairs the State Duma's financial markets committee, that the new rules – which will reportedly formalize rules around the creation and exchange of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin – are likely to be cleared by early next year.

"I expect that the adoption of the draft law on [cryptocurrencies] will be in March... The problem is that we already have a lot of people who acquire [cryptocurrencies] and they are deceived, we need to give people the opportunity to work legally with it, to protect them as much as possible," Aksakov was quoted as saying by RIA.

The comments all but confirm that Russia won't finalize the bill by the end of the year, as Aksakov had previously suggested. In September, the senior lawmaker said he believed the work could be wrapped up before winter. The measure has faced a series of delays due, in part, to conflicting visions over the scope of the proposed laws.

The expected move to submit the bill also comes months after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered new regulations to be developed around cryptocurrencies and blockchain, including rules specifically aimed at initial coin offerings (ICOs).

As quoted by TASS, Aksakov cited Putin's directives when speaking about the work that is expected to play out over the coming weeks and months.

"We have a deadline designated by the president, and after a week there will be a presentation of the bill that will start to be debated," he told reporters.

https://www.coindesk.com/official-russia-to-introduce-cryptocurrency-regulation-bill-next-week/
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guardian.P

Activity: 609
Merit: 255

Pandora's Tokens Bounties

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:21:23 AM

The fact that people are given the opportunity to work with cryptocurrency is already a plus. It would be good to look at the law itself, and get acquainted closer
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:56:50 AM

New cryptocurrency laws are expected to be introduced for official consideration to the Russia's national legislature on Dec. 28, according to a senior government official.

Russian media sources RIA and TASS cited comments from lawmaker Anatoly Aksakov, who chairs the State Duma's financial markets committee, that the new rules – which will reportedly formalize rules around the creation and exchange of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin – are likely to be cleared by early next year.

"I expect that the adoption of the draft law on [cryptocurrencies] will be in March... The problem is that we already have a lot of people who acquire [cryptocurrencies] and they are deceived, we need to give people the opportunity to work legally with it, to protect them as much as possible," Aksakov was quoted as saying by RIA.

The comments all but confirm that Russia won't finalize the bill by the end of the year, as Aksakov had previously suggested. In September, the senior lawmaker said he believed the work could be wrapped up before winter. The measure has faced a series of delays due, in part, to conflicting visions over the scope of the proposed laws.

The expected move to submit the bill also comes months after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered new regulations to be developed around cryptocurrencies and blockchain, including rules specifically aimed at initial coin offerings (ICOs).

As quoted by TASS, Aksakov cited Putin's directives when speaking about the work that is expected to play out over the coming weeks and months.

"We have a deadline designated by the president, and after a week there will be a presentation of the bill that will start to be debated," he told reporters.

https://www.coindesk.com/official-russia-to-introduce-cryptocurrency-regulation-bill-next-week/

This is a plus for it to get to this level of government attention and that demands it being discussed by the legislative arms means bitcoin and other crypto currency has come to stay. And coming from a country like Russia, a lot of smaller countries who thought that banning bitcoin and crypto currencies is the best way for them to go, would probably be feeling ashamed of themselves when big countries are already discussing about regulation thereby taking any form of ban away from the table.

I would really be interested in having a glimpse of the draft laws so as to get prepared for it because if the law should go through, moving on to implementation, I see a lot of countries start taking a clue from what Mother Russia is doing and sooner or later, it will surely get to our turn. Hopefully, it wont be a killing regulation.
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:05:01 PM

I really would like to take a look at the draft of this law, it looks like something very positive to have regulations so holders can use their crypto coins safely and knowing they are moving inside the law. The same happens with ICO, I believe is good news to have some draft of regulation, and that countries start to work together to have a common regulation.

But, I also read that there is some confusing messages coming out from Russia government. On November the Communication minister, Nikolai Nikiforov, said that the russian regulations will never have laws to turn Bitcoin in a legal coin, because it is a foreigner crypto coin, but that they are up to include other kind of "digital tokens" into their financial system. That makes me suspect that even if is very positive to have a government interested into make easy the life for crypto holders, they are not interested into do that for Bitcoin.

bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:32:31 PM

Is that something unexpected ? No !!
Obviously , Russia is majorly involved in many ICOs and is actually one of the most active country to use the crypto currencies . That was not going to be easy to totally ban bitcoin . The regulation would affect the people somehow because of the creepy taxes , but that is till way better than the complete ban .
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:52:29 PM

I am sure that it is a hidden confiscation. I do not believe that tax money is below 30%. Besides Russian can oblige miners to mine crypto-currency only after the establishment of a legal entity. In General, I don't expect anything good from such initiatives of the Russian government. Although I do not live in Russia and therefore I don't care what their laws are.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: