Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mercatox.com - Beware!  (Read 447 times)
digitat (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:18:11 AM

Hello,

• You can't withdrawl XRB and some other Coins since a week now.
  • ETH Deposit isn't aviable - no information why
  • Some users can't login into the Account, cause no E-Mail to confirm the login! (including me)
  • If you wirte "Scam" in the Chat, you get banned or logout instantly
  • No answers and Informations from Support

Don't use this exchanger!
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoFan1982

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:40:52 PM

I totally agree with you. They are scammers.

I opened a case with their support for a trade ossue where i lost half of my ENG:
Below was my text:

I transferred 3174 ENG to my Mercatox account and exchanged them to BTC. Then I exchanged back those BTC to ENG. But after the last exchange , I only have 1863 ENG left... can you explain why?Huh are your fees that high?Huh

i opened a case with the support. i didn't get a confirmation that i opened a case.
Also it took them two days to reply, and here is the reply i got:

HI we have trade fees that are 0.025% of trades - rest it is yours price and trades.

And they closed the ticket!!!

Stay away from this exchange!
kotlarz

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:13:59 PM

Not sure if it's a scam, but I bought some cheap XRB there a while ago. I was trying to log in just now, and apparently their website has vanished completely.  Undecided
Their stats on CoinMarketCap also haven't updated for 3 hours. I'm willing to accept my losses, but if someone is actually able to reach their site, please post below.
As shitty as an exchange Mercatox is (and boy, is it shitty, I have had deposits "vanish" and they ended up not being credited to my account), I don't believe they are a scam (or at least I hope not, who knows).
They disabled their website due to a large DDoS, see https://twitter.com/MercatoxCom/status/948143881467645954
Pumperdumper

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:42:47 PM

Not sure if it's a scam, but I bought some cheap XRB there a while ago. I was trying to log in just now, and apparently their website has vanished completely.  Undecided
Their stats on CoinMarketCap also haven't updated for 3 hours. I'm willing to accept my losses, but if someone is actually able to reach their site, please post below.
As shitty as an exchange Mercatox is (and boy, is it shitty, I have had deposits "vanish" and they ended up not being credited to my account), I don't believe they are a scam (or at least I hope not, who knows).
They disabled their website due to a large DDoS, see https://twitter.com/MercatoxCom/status/948143881467645954

There was no DDoS attack.

They came back and said it was registrar related - meaning they didn't pay their bills for the site. Which is bullshit. Beyond amateur actually.

I have 5mil KIN in there and 400 XRB - hopefully it comes back but it doesn't look good no matter which way you slice it.

There are two scenarios that will play out

1. They ran off with all the profits from XRB - probably because they over sold their XRB inventory and just pocketed everyone's money. Let the site expire and are already halfway to Bangkok.

2. They purposefully slowed down XRB withdrawals because of the Binance vote and now put the site into maintenance mode. Once Binance comes live - many people will move their XRB to Binance which would lose them tons of value despite the fees they collect. Also purposefully bogging down the site with issues will allow for the price of the coins to stay - if you look at CoinMarketCap the price for XRB is still at $35 and it was last updated 9 hours ago. The price on BitGrail is $29 so you will see arbitrage happen vice versa which brings in more value and users to MercaTox.

I am really hoping it is #2. At least this way we know our funds are there.

However - with their track record for the last 3-4 months, it looks more like it's #1.

Please pray for us all!
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:32:57 PM

Mercatox are doing an exit scam right now. They are a scam, fraudulent exchange. I have already contacted the FBI and relevant authorities to do search on who.is owners and backtrace them. Suggest contacting me for class action lawsuit.

RaiBlocks people might be on with them since they ban whomever mentions Mercatox being a fraud, scam exchange that stole all the users funds as of yesterday and has been unreachable ever since.
Sevvero

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

100% scam, notice how they are not coming online conveniently for days.

They are making away with a bank off the backs of sheep who "invested" with their no name exchange.

Sorry, you have been played. Contact the FBI and Interpol to start tracing them.
Sevvero

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

Just bumping so others can see not to use Mercatox scam hacker exchange
kpik

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:34:10 PM

Anything new? I am so worried: I have a lot of XRBs in Mercatox and I don't want to lose them. Should I wait some days or sell and try to lose the minimum possible?
_eMaX_

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:58:23 PM

FWIW, I've just successfully withdrawn from Mercatox.

Here's what I did.

I first went to Etherdelta:

https://etherdelta.com/#KIN-ETH

Opened account, which doesn't really create anything except a public/private key pair on the ETH blockchain. Please make sure you really really copy down and don't share your private key. That gave me a public key, which you can verify here:

https://etherscan.io/token/Kin?a=0xcdfab7c8bcabda6a4e5be4a07fb8682f0360ee9e

and also here:

https://deltabalances.github.io/#0xCDfAB7C8BcAbdA6a4e5be4A07FB8682f0360ee9e

As you'll see in that link, I've transferred 1572650 KIN out of Mercatox.

Transaction costs were 10000 KIN ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To transfer out of Mercatrox, I went to https://mercatox.com/wallet, chose KIN, and went to Withdraw. I entered the full amount I had, and as target address I chose the address I had created on ether delta (the 0xcd... from above).

After a short while, I saw a transaction-ID on Mercatrox (https://mercatox.com/wallet/transactions), with TX info at the end of the line, which was a link, which leads to etherscan.io (see above).

Nothing showed up in myetherwallet.com though. While waiting, I also went to

https://www.myetherwallet.com

and entered my private key there. It equally showed up 0 ETH, but choosing KIN on token balances in the lower right corner, I could see my KIN.

After 30 minutes or so, the same value of KIN was also visible on ether delta.

So in summary,

1. I cannot confirm that Mercatox does not allow withdrawals. It worked, and it was relatively fast.
2. The transaction cost was 10000 KIN or at the time of this writing 0.0007 BTC.
3. To transfer the KIN out of Mercatrox, create a public/private key pair on the ETH blockchain, write it down well, and then withdraw to the public key.
4. Use one of the options mentioned above to verify and see that everything worked - and to trade onwards.

HTH,

M

Justarando

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:48:58 PM

I can tell you guys that I've done an LTC transaction on the 2nd of January to MercatoX and it never arrived (currently @ 4083 confirmations).

All my other holdings on the website (mostly dust) were set to 0.

No response whatsoever so far.

I would refrain from putting money there until you stop seeing complaints or their Facebook/Twitter page.
digitat (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

Little Update from me:

- I still can't login since 15th December. 2FA E-Mail is broken on my and some other accounts. No informations why. No answer from support.

Check facebook comments.. So many peoples have problems to withdraw her coins.

Beware from this exchanger!
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:52:14 PM

That looks preety bad to me, i also have some coins at mercatox, So what should I do? May I withdraw my conis and move some where else or these are just rumors?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Justarando

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:46:48 PM

Just an update, got my LTC back. Took quite a while, but oh well Smiley
koaneleven22

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:46:13 PM

fuck this is rediculous my transaction went instantly to "paid" status so i cannot cancel but its stuck in processing for days. ther are thousands of other ppl who cannot withdraw from them too. wtf its insane are they toal fuking scam ?
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:51:04 AM

Scam Exchange can not withdraw
dashaa784

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:45:39 AM

Scam Exchange can not withdraw

Same problem

Info about MTX
7c4bb203ca41a8cd1dc02b5a79704c6f
Time
12 янв. 2018 г., 0:50:42
MERCATOX TX
7c4bb203ca41a8cd1dc02b5a79704c6f
Network hash
Withdraw addr.
0xaFb68eCDDcfe89dE219Ca00e69111Af1c2AeD73E
TX Fee
Amount
13000000.00000000 KIN
Status
Not Paid
ifunky2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:08:33 PM

This thread needs a bump !
Boy I wish  I had done my homework !
You really want to believe in a site's integrity and not have to scrutinize them like a Private investigator, but....

They seem very, very shady !
Almost no good reviews and scores of irate customers that got burned and scores still waiting to see (after weeks of wait) if they got burned.

I have a feeling that I have lost my investment placed with them, hopefully not and they will actually come through in a timely manner ?

The 'shady' part:
    The support is non existent other than some character in their chat feed that goes by the handle of:
    "wyliecoyote" <~~~~~~~ that should speak volumes right there...
 Any time I start to ask straight forward questions in the chat feed I get banned, first for 5 minutes and then for a day.
One disgruntled user has been in the chat feed all day today asking over and over for help with a withdrawal he said he placed two weeks ago, The site says they 'paid' it out yet he has not yet received it.
  Another fun (corrupt?) tidbit I discovered: Not only do they charge you fees for trade or withdrawal, but you can not opt out of their 'tax' ?
Who's tax ? Like they are going to submit their extraction of tax to the appropriate country's tax collection dept. on your behalf ? Like your going to easily do the accounting when you do your taxes (for reducing the amount that Mercatox took, yet gives no real  accounting of after the fact) ?

So.... float little thread, bubble up your head and keep the statement alive !

I will periodically check to see if my withdrawal is ever realized (fingers crossed)
My Mercatox wallet says 'paid'....   But it still hasn't landed at destination as yet.
I will update my comment, hopefully (for Mercatox) with good news !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: