Bitcoin Forum
October 22, 2017, 04:38:47 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] [HIRING] Need image/icon/logo designed for Electrum for Android  (Read 870 times)
harningt

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:03:54 PM

X-Posted on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins/comments/1j3e56/hiring_need_imageiconlogo_designed_for_electrum/

I have a "BitcoinStarter" project I'm working on getting funding for to develop a new Bitcoin wallet application for Android at https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/104 and have a "horrible" hashed-together logo with the standard Electrum logo + Android merged.
I was considering drawing it myself or perhaps w/ some tools to pose an Android-bot and do some additional touch-up, but upon seeing some sample art out there, I think pixel-art would be appropriate.

An artist that looked particularly inspiring was the one here: http://www.nasc.fr/category/pixel-art/

So... here are some ideas I was throwing around for what would be a good logo / animation, but if anything comes to your mind, I'd love to see/hear about it:
  • Android robot as central 'iconic' image
  • Electrum logo / Atomic structure with a "bitcoin" coin image at its center being used like the Hadouken fireballs
  • Android posed ready to unleash the fireball
  • Android unleashing fireball then checking phone in his wallet
  • Android unleashing fireball then unfolding a phone that looks like a wallet on the outside (ex: folded up it has tell-tale lines of being a wallet, but when opened, it's obviously a phone)
  • Android with 'sparks' looking electrified
  • Text logo information stating that the project is "Electroid: Electrum for Android - Native Edition"

Specific uses planned:
  • "Swag" - stickers, keychains, t-shirts, possibly pens
  • Google Play Market images - (https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1078870?hl=en)
  • * 512x512 square icon - probably "just" the posed robot
  • * 1024x500 feature banner (would include application title - Electroid: Electrum for Android - Native Edition, probably w/ Electroid large and the Electrum for Android as a subtitle next to it?)
  • Web page logo
  • Promotional animations(?)
In short, I want to have a logo that carries over the concepts of Android & Electrum's style & Power. In the future there might be a desktop application using the same code at which point I'd probably hack the image up or ask for some sort of color/style adjustment to have the Android have a java-guy feel (coffee or that pointer guy).

If you'd want, I'd sign over the rights to the images / etc so that you could exclusively sell the artwork... or better for the open-source community, you get "blessed" sell rights so that anybody coming to the central site would be directed to buy them from your 'store'.
I am not entirely sure what is fair to charge on this, my budget is small. As for 'animation' that is definitely not a 'must-have' but would be cool.

Please send offers my way and perhaps samples. I am hoping to have something up by the end of the month, but can easily shuffle off until later to accommodate my small budget.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
harningt

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:50:47 AM

Notice: Artist hired. So marking 'closed'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: