Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPECIAL OFFER: Have an Idea? Need a Coder? Read here!  (Read 680 times)
axilla (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:34:43 PM

your idea into a business...

The theory:

This idea is based off a wonderful book called the $100 startup.  It's a wonderful book and a suggested read for everyone.  It's about how to turn an idea into a business with very small startup capital.. the idea is that if you just get something out the door, you can market test for very cheap until you find something with some staying power.

The Reason:

I recently attempted this with bitpak.com and it failed before it ever got off the ground.. before making the site i failed to check if it was viable to get moneypaks in my area.. it's not.  So I have a 7 day period where i'm free to work on this project.  I had intended to work on this but since I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to find moneypaks I'm not going to pursue it any further.

The rules:
-Must be an original idea.
-Must have a well thought out idea.
-Must be able to be implemented in phases.
-I am 50% owner if it goes somewhere.  You are 50% owner as well..
-Must be a web based application
-Must make Bitcoin better in some way
-There is no Charge unless we make something from the project. see Rule #4
-It must have the potential to be monetized.
-No PM's, idea must be posted in thread for discussions Smiley
-Any costs incurred to complete the project will be paid by you(they're usually small, ssl certs and such.)

I am an experienced coder in php, ruby, rails, and python.  I will choose and begin working on a project on Tuesday Evening 7/30

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IamRichard

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:42:42 AM

Yelp for bitcoin related business's.

MVP can be done with just some html/css and JS. Database variables will be stored in the JS.
I will handle all the marketing (SEO master here) and will be able to rank top for many of bitcoins highest searched keywords within a few months.

New gambling site that utilizes gamification and player vs player betting, unlike normal satoshi/poker etc. The business exists elsewhere and is extremely successful, just copying their business model and applying it to bitcoin.
Probably need to be built on PHP backend with JS frontend. I have mockups and know exactly what I want. No iffywiffy here.

I was recently incubated by a pretty big incubator in the US. These are 2 projects I have always wanted to do but never had the technical ability or time.

Let me know if your interested and we can skype.

-iamrichard
axilla (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 12:51:21 PM

some great ideas so far Smiley  Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.. both of you have great ideas already.. I really like the gamification thing.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: