Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would cause a miner to become unresponsive?  (Read 178 times)
Bitminer2017 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:19:59 PM

Been slowly building up my first miner, and at 4 cards it was fine, now it's up to 7 and it keeps crashing after about 5 minutes of use. It will hard lock up with the screen completely frozen. It's on 2 1000w EVGA power supplies.

If there wasn't enough power on the circuit to power both supplies, wouldn't it just trip the breaker?

Any idea what else could cause this?

It's on the ASRock BTC+ motherboard using mintcell risers with included cables.
Ruz05

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:55:24 PM

I got similar issue. The miner would work fine for couple of hours and suddenly go unresponsive. Mining pool would show ... This is hopfully fixed with the next release but the reason can be a undervolted and overclocked gpu.
Bitminer2017 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:16:44 PM

I got similar issue. The miner would work fine for couple of hours and suddenly go unresponsive. Mining pool would show ... This is hopfully fixed with the next release but the reason can be a undervolted and overclocked gpu.

Nothing is modified. It's a stock set of GPU's. No ocing at all and no undervolting on purpose.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:45:56 PM

full system spec , detailed system setup would be great , info about what psu powering what cards ....

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:03:09 PM

Been slowly building up my first miner, and at 4 cards it was fine, now it's up to 7 and it keeps crashing after about 5 minutes of use. It will hard lock up with the screen completely frozen. It's on 2 1000w EVGA power supplies.

If there wasn't enough power on the circuit to power both supplies, wouldn't it just trip the breaker?

Any idea what else could cause this?

It's on the ASRock BTC+ motherboard using mintcell risers with included cables.

I am suspecting a riser issues, have you tried replacing them? try only on the 5th card then test mining, if its still fine add another, you may get what GPU's is the Culprit. sometimes a faulty PSU and mainboard might be the problem, try to isolate them one by one
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:15:19 PM

Check if any given GPU is reporting 0 h/s shortly before everything locks up. If you can narrow it down to one card (GPU or riser fault) or one batch of cards (there's your PSU's fault), all becomes clearer very quickly.
Bitminer2017 (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:03:19 PM

Turns out I somehow plugged in some longer blue cables instead of the ones that came with the mintcell risers. It's been mining almost an hour just fine now @ 6MH/s on NeoScrypt.

Trying to figure out how to get this darn thing to mine zencash thru Awesome Miner. Gah.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:39:23 AM

Turns out I somehow plugged in some longer blue cables instead of the ones that came with the mintcell risers. It's been mining almost an hour just fine now @ 6MH/s on NeoScrypt.

Trying to figure out how to get this darn thing to mine zencash thru Awesome Miner. Gah.

It's not too hard.  What problem are you having?
NetopyrMan

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:21:52 AM

... now it's up to 7 and it keeps crashing after about 5 minutes of use...

is there any error code in miner? like illegal memory acces etc ...

or rig is crashing to black screen / bsod?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: