Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore !?  (Read 3061 times)
De_nis (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:29:30 PM
Merited by InGODweTrast3 (1)

EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:34:07 PM

ERC20 tokens are being traded mostly in etherdelta the hack incident is a huge impact to the users,and i dont find any alternative exchange for the tokens,what will happen to our ICO tokens?doomed.

Joshua85

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:35:10 PM

Why are you not using metamask
De_nis (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:40:13 PM

ERC20 tokens are being traded mostly in etherdelta the hack incident is a huge impact to the users,and i dont find any alternative exchange for the tokens,what will happen to our ICO tokens?doomed.
I very much hope that the team of this exchange will be guided by honest rules for their customers and will not avoid liability.
De_nis (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:42:25 PM

Can you explain how this is done, how to use the metamask?
I've heard a lot about it, but I do not understand how it works?)
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:47:06 PM

EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

Peer to peer could be an option. I think that there are already some projects out there to make decentralised exchanges. I have used etherdelta in the past and this time I was not caught, but it is really bad when a decentralised exchange that prides itself on giving keys to users gets hacked trough the backdoor.

CrackLord

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

It's simple, you install the MetaMask extension in your browser of choice, be it Chrome or Firefox. Then you can create an address in MetaMask that you can use or you can import an existing one. Once you've created an address, websites can ask MetaMask to sign transactions.

It's a bit safer than using EtherDelta's built in wallet system because if the DNS was hacked and redirected to another site, it would have to request you to sign the transaction using MetaMask and you'd be able to see if it was doing something different to what the malicious EtherDelta said it was doing. I.e depositing all of your Ether into another wallet which is not the action you were taking on the website.

With that said, there are some risks with using MetaMask as well. So make sure you don't put that much money into your MetaMask address.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:52:27 PM

Etherdelta is back just like that? Ok but couldn't they give us a brief and clear summary of the consequences of the hack: money lost, who lost money (example: people trading between that time and that time), etc.? The only way to get people to trust you again is to be crystal clear.

I wouldn't touch etherdelta again until the time comes that they clarify these things. If it's user's money they lost or not, i don't appreciate the fact that this situation is taken so lightly.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:53:46 PM

this is too bad   Sad i hope theres no conspiracy happened.. etherdelta is a big exchanger and howcome their security is too weak ..i am new to trading but for me etherdelta is a big thing for us coz i am just starting to know more about crypto trading. i only have few eth left in my ED wallet but for me its already a big money .
im still hoping that this will be resolved.
Piston_82

Activity: 350
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:00 PM

I can not believe that there is no normal alternative to the Delta.
Dear members of the treads, advise please where else we can exchange the tokens?
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:29 PM

Metamask wont have any use if the DNS server of the exchange is compromised,dont use etherdelta until they fixed the issues.

Rangga27

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:29 PM

yes etherdelta is now safe now no problem now you can use etherdelta again
De_nis (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:57:01 PM

Thank you for your answer, although it seems that it's better not to store on stock exchanges, these are the safest options, but this considerably complicates the trade!
De_nis (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

I can not believe that there is no normal alternative to the Delta.
Dear members of the treads, advise please where else we can exchange the tokens?
It seems that we all came to the conclusion that the all market will be needed by athe alternative and secure project that will support all the tokens on the ERC20!)
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

EtherDelta has already returned to work without problems, but we must learn the lesson, we must be cautious, another interesting factor is the request for exchanges to the developers of tokens, because it has many token that only works with EtherDelta. With this problem, it stops negotiations.
naufals4

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:07:24 PM

i open the etherdelta now and its safe for now, i think the support already fix it but if you still doubt about it don't trade in there right now. if you want to trade your token just wait your token to be listed in other exchange.

Djabba

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:12:38 PM

I will not trade for a while until they fix everything. And I'll wait another month - now I'm very afraid for my coins on this exchange, so I'll go to the others. I hope that they will not allow this in the future anymore, because for many coins it was very useful
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:29:04 PM

I just used it once and will not use it again because it is very risky, I might lose all my coins if I was using it  Embarrassed so bad for victims

kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:43:24 PM

The issue with the hacking has been solved. The unfortunate thing is that people had to lose money.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:50:37 PM

is this true i have heard that etherdelta is safe now but the dev team should do a real attempt toward making the exchange much better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: