Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc and no wallets  (Read 115 times)
hmolly (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:42:14 PM

hello everyone,
id'like a couple of tips about this dumb idea, i live in italy, and i have no hardware wallets because if i order it now,it will be deliver in the first week of january due to it's low disponibility.
id'like to invest, let's say 1 to 3k on bitcoins right now, how could i keep this safe avoiding the using of an hardware wallet? i really want to buy them right now, any suggestion? too risky?
chocobo21

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:45:52 PM

January is not very far away, if I were you then i will just buy it on an exchange and then keep it on the exchange and wait for my ledger nano S to come to my house and then put it in my ledger. I dont think exchange will get hack during the waiting time but who knows, it's risky but in my opinion we have nothing to worry as long you dont keep it exchange for a very long time
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

hello everyone,
id'like a couple of tips about this dumb idea, i live in italy, and i have no hardware wallets because if i order it now,it will be deliver in the first week of january due to it's low disponibility.
id'like to invest, let's say 1 to 3k on bitcoins right now, how could i keep this safe avoiding the using of an hardware wallet? i really want to buy them right now, any suggestion? too risky?

I don't know if it's such a good idea to buy Bitcoins right now, the network is awfully congested at the moment and the price is dropping.
Maybe it's better to wait until the price has dropped even lower? You'd make a bit of extra profit that way.

That said, you can always use a desktop wallet like Electrum or Armory to store your Bitcoins, do make sure you install these wallets on a computer that's not infected by malware.

A paper wallet is also an option, if made correctly it's very secure, there are tons of guides to be found on how to make one.

I wouldn't store any coins on exchanges!

hmolly (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:17 PM

how secure is exodus for desktop?
do you have any paper wallet suggestion for bit coin? sry if this seems dumb but i am really new at this
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:55:31 PM

January is very close by. However, since you are buying at dip now, then that is a huge luck on your side and waiting for so long, you may not even get to see it again. If you have a PC and you are sure it is secured. I will advise you to install a decentralized wallet, personally, I will suggest Exodus. the good thing is that you have your private keys, so you are in full control of your funds. Once you buy your coins in an exchange, you can move them there and wait until you have your cold storage.

EDITED:
how secure is exodus for desktop?
do you have any paper wallet suggestion for bit coin? sry if this seems dumb but i am really new at this
It is as secured as your PC, but if you have a very good antivirus, you should be fine and try to abstain from downloading just anything or clicking any links. Right now, that is really a good bet for you. I make use of Exodus too and it is extremely newbie friendly and secured. Do not forget to backup once you transfer your funds there.
hmolly (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:11:10 PM

i actually use the free avast version, so don't know how secure it really is.
anyway, waiting till the 2nd of jan maybe too late?
tornikejr

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:36:23 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 06:43:30 PM by tornikejr

Hello, i suggest to wait. Price of bitcoin will drop more and ask google how to make paper wallet on offline computer. its secure way to store BTC if you make everything right.
Also search info about how to get bitcoins out of your paper wallet and what is the difference between IMPORTING a private key and SWEEPING a wallet. Good luck

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:56:56 PM

hello everyone,
If you want to invest in Bitcoin do it right now and don't wait for your hardware wallet to arrive, because right now is a good opportunity to buy while the price has not yet recovering. You can just buy on any reputable Bitcoin exchanges but don't store it on exchange wallet, that is too risky as exchanges don't give you full control of your coins and are prone from hacking and also we will never know when will an exchange will get hacked, so it is better to temporarily store your Bitcoin in a wallet that you hold your private key and just transfer it latter when you already received your hardware wallet.
darkywis

Activity: 308

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:50:13 PM

You could use a local bitcoin wallet if theirs any in your country or blockchain or coinbase and after you bought some bitcoin you could transfer it after your hard wallet comes. Its a good time to buy bitcoin because its dropping hard, maybe a few days or weeks it will pump up again  and you can gain profit out of it.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:14:07 PM

Print out paper wallet from offline computer (can be done with github file of bitaddress.org) and than print it out in offline computer.

Laminate that printed paper and never expose its private key to anyone else and keep it in safe place.

For small amount of investment of around $1k to $2k, paper wallet could be enough if you can create it in safe way.
signaturecoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:36:54 PM

The best thing that you can do is just create and print a paper wallet. Just download Linux to a new CD and run the paper wallet in there, you can print it after that.
Just be sure about that you disconnect your WiFi connections once that you are going to print it.
Harware wallets are a big headache when the network is collapsed.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:39:47 PM

hello everyone,

Online wallets are hackable but if you do logon properly to your wallet you will not loose your fund at any cost. Hacking on online wallet server did not happen yet so no need to worry about it. You will never get hacked in your desktop wallet unless you shares your private key or wallet.DAT file.
Most of the people does not know to import the wallet also as of now. Hardware wallet no need have it. Better have paper cor desktop wallet.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:43:39 PM

I use a local BTC wallet site that exists in my country if in my country a different kind of site just like in my country should you do the same thing as I do. and for BTC purchase problem I think you should be more patient because now as we know bitcoin value back at a continuous decreasing level so you better to wait for the price at the new lowest level at that time you can make BTC purchase in and it will definitely be very profitable. because if you buy BTC at the current price I think that if you get a profit it will not be too high.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

hello everyone,

Who said only hardware wallet can provide you security? There are more ways to do so.
One of the best way to secure your Bitcoin is via Paper Wallet.
Easiest way to create Paper Wallet is: https://bitaddress.org. All you need to do so is to create new wallet (if your motive is just to hold Bitcoin, create single wallet). Save private key somewhere safe digitally or print Paper wallet and safe physically.
kaysersoze

Activity: 220

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:34:58 PM

The ones who have their coins on exchanges are the ones who really want to run with a huge risk.
I can not understand why a lot of people are storing their coins in there, please, stop doing so!
You are going to lose everything if they get hacked.

taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

The ones who have their coins on exchanges are the ones who really want to run with a huge risk.
I can not understand why a lot of people are storing their coins in there, please, stop doing so!
You are going to lose everything if they get hacked.

to date, many exchanges, as well as Bitcoin wallets require two-factor authentication, which makes it possible to secure your coins from hacking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: