Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:15:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETHEREDELTA HACKEEDD???  (Read 477 times)
SriNr

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

I was read an article that EtherDelta made the announcement in a series of tweets, warning users that a hacker had temporarily hijacked its DNS server, enabling the attacker to send users to a fake, malicious version of the site.
EtherDelta was said that users who accessed the exchange using either MetaMask or a hardware wallet are “completely safe” from the phishing attack. The company added that deposits from users who never imported their key on the fake version of the website “should be safe,” but traders may want to consider moving their funds to a new wallet address as a security measure — and reevaluate their decision to import their private keys directly into a website.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

I was read an article that EtherDelta made the announcement in a series of tweets, warning users that a hacker had temporarily hijacked its DNS server, enabling the attacker to send users to a fake, malicious version of the site.
EtherDelta was said that users who accessed the exchange using either MetaMask or a hardware wallet are “completely safe” from the phishing attack. The company added that deposits from users who never imported their key on the fake version of the website “should be safe,” but traders may want to consider moving their funds to a new wallet address as a security measure — and reevaluate their decision to import their private keys directly into a website.
The problem has been resolved by etherdelta and everyone can used the dns safely and that will be directed to the real site of etherdelta. This such a small problem in the crypto but for those are judging about the decentralized thing of etherdelta and remember the amount still safe. But they are not even realizing it.
ciacio84

Activity: 258
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:48:41 PM

etherdelta non mi piace
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:12:52 PM

Etherdelta had been attacked and hacked before. It was hacked for the second time if I did not know in 6 months.
It's a serious problem. I do not think anyone will use it anymore...

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
SriNr

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:56:59 PM

The problem has been resolved by etherdelta and everyone can used the dns safely and that will be directed to the real site of etherdelta. This such a small problem in the crypto but for those are judging about the decentralized thing of etherdelta and remember the amount still safe. But they are not even realizing it.
Other cryptocurrency-related companies also suffered DNS hijacking attacks in the past year. For example, the website hijacking incidents of Classic Ether Wallet and the Etherparty ICO website are both suspected to be DNS hijacking events.
The above events happened in August and October i knowr,respectively, but security-related incidents took place at other cryptocurrency-related sites this month as well. For example, NiceHash, the world's largest cryptocurrency mining market said hackers stole over 4,700 Bitcoin (around $62 million) at the start of the month, while South Korean exchange YouBit (formerly Yapizon) shut down yesterday and filed for bankruptcy after getting hacked the second time this year.
With Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero prices going up, both phishing and DDoS extortion attacks have intensified this year.
Mr.Lait

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:26:12 PM

Etherdelta had been attacked and hacked before. It was hacked for the second time if I did not know in 6 months.
It's a serious problem. I do not think anyone will use it anymore...
You right it is a serious problem. but I never keep my tokens there. I use this exchange only as an exchanger.
I advise everyone to do the same

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: