Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCquick wallet August 2013  (Read 130 times)
Jazzfarmer (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:10:47 PM

in August 2013 I I registered a BC wallet to receive donations for cannabis legalisation efforts in South Africa. Some supporters were selling weed on silk road before it went down the first time in October 2013, and were donating a % of sales to us. 
In those days, authentication at BTCquick was a simple jpeg of my ID and credit card. I received a confirmation welcome email from BTCquick and nothing else. i didn't think anything of it because I wasn't in the market to buy BTC at the time, only receive them.
In the first 2 weeks of September 2013 i received 4 transactions totaling 7.4 BTC and they remain there to this day.
It doesn't look good. I've brought myself up to speed with my predicament and realise if i don't have my private key (this was before 12 word pass phrases) then I'm stuffed.
Is there any way I can transfer from one wallet to another? I now have 3 wallets at my disposal.
The biggest hassle is, BTCquick doesn't exist any longer and when I click on 'forget password' in blockchain.info and enter the email I used to set up the wallet in 2013, nothing gets sent to me.
It's as if everyone has gone away.....
Is there anything I can do? I'm still embroiled in fighting the weed laws in SA and 7BTC in SA Rand is impressive.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:12:42 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

in August 2013 I I registered a BC wallet to receive donations for cannabis legalisation efforts in South Africa. Some supporters were selling weed on silk road before it went down the first time in October 2013, and were donating a % of sales to us.  
In those days, authentication at BTCquick was a simple jpeg of my ID and credit card. I received a confirmation welcome email from BTCquick and nothing else. i didn't think anything of it because I wasn't in the market to buy BTC at the time, only receive them.
In the first 2 weeks of September 2013 i received 4 transactions totaling 7.4 BTC and they remain there to this day.
It doesn't look good. I've brought myself up to speed with my predicament and realise if i don't have my private key (this was before 12 word pass phrases) then I'm stuffed.
Is there any way I can transfer from one wallet to another? I now have 3 wallets at my disposal.
The biggest hassle is, BTCquick doesn't exist any longer and when I click on 'forget password' in blockchain.info and enter the email I used to set up the wallet in 2013, nothing gets sent to me.
Is there anything I can do? I'm still embroiled in fighting the weed laws in SA and 7BTC in SA Rand is impressive.....

I'm sorry to tell you, bit if BTCquick was an online wallet, and it has dissapeared, the only thing you can try is to find the person responsible for this wallet and hope he kept backups.

blockchain.info is just a private company, they're not a central authority that keeps track of all wallets. If you created an online wallet with a certain, disapeared, company, they cannot help you... The only one that can help you is the one that had access to the private keys from btcquick.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:15:19 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

It has become unclear to me if you have your private key or not. What exactly do you have? You stored them in an online wallet that now ceased to exist, or in a wallet such as bitcoin core?

If you stored them on bitcoin core, you should still have your wallet.dat + corresponding password to recover your BTC.

If you stored them in BTCQuick, i have bad news for you. It seems that BTCQUICK pulled a Mt gox? See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159716.860

Jazzfarmer (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:22:44 PM

I have the wallet ID (12yWKq8g9C8RaZSLFsAcBDdePHPjujWszX) and a welcome email from BTcquick but no private key.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:27:30 PM

I have the wallet ID (12yWKq8g9C8RaZSLFsAcBDdePHPjujWszX) and a welcome email from BTcquick but no private key.

In that case, you were robbed.
I didn't dig into the thread posted by AdolfinWolf, but after reading the last page, it looks like the owner's identity was known, but he pulled an exit scam? It also looks like he was never suid for what he did???

7.5 BTC is about $100.000 at current preev rate... I'd probably look into verifying the owner's identity and find myself a good lawyer if i were you...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jazzfarmer (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

If they were scammers (which it looks like they were)  I can still see my btc on the blockchain (or is that immaterial?)
https://blockchain.info/address/12yWKq8g9C8RaZSLFsAcBDdePHPjujWszX

We're cannabis activists, not IT pro's so all this is very frustrating, but i take full responsibility for not being able to find a private key, but the thing is, I don't remember ever using/needing the key or receiving one from BTCquick. It was a wallet for donations only, at the time. We bailed out quick when the Feds closed down Silk Road......
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:01:35 PM

If they were scammers (which it looks like they were)  I can still see my btc on the blockchain (or is that immaterial?)
https://blockchain.info/address/12yWKq8g9C8RaZSLFsAcBDdePHPjujWszX

We're cannabis activists, not IT pro's so all this is very frustrating, but i take full responsibility for not being able to find a private key, but the thing is, I don't remember ever using/needing the key or receiving one from BTCquick. It was a wallet for donations only, at the time. We bailed out quick when the Feds closed down Silk Road......

Well, the address is still funded, but only the one in posession of the private key can move the funds... There is no way of telling wether the owner is just keeping low and wants to sell this BTC later, or maybe he lost the keys, or maybe he's just an honest guy and he's waiting for his clients to contact him... Like i said: many possibility's and no way of knowing the truth.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████