Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving From Bread Wallet  (Read 121 times)
jjrr007 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:21:55 PM

I am trying to switch from the Bread android app wallet for Bitcoins to Electrum.  I have had problems with sending coins to anyone else with the Bread Wallet.  My money is stuck there for now  Cry

I sent some Bitcoins to an exchange from the Bread App.  It shows as being 40% sent now for over a day.  The exchange has not received it.  I have tried to accelerate the transaction, but no luck.  

I wanted to please ask the following:
-Since the coins are still in limbo, should I import or sweep my bitcoin address/private key to Electrum?

-From what I was reading I can generate the private key using this the following instructions from the following post from HCP on this forum.  BTW, thank you HCP for this info!

Breadwallet uses "standard" BIP39 seeds... https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/
Enter your seed where is says "BIP39 Mnemonic", click "BIP32" under "Derivation Path", select "Custom" from the "Client" dropdown box... and enter m/0'/0 in the Derivation Path and all your receive addresses and private keys will be generated below.

Are the instructions still OK to get the private key ?

-Do I just need to enter the private key I generated from the above website into Electrum by going to wallet-private keys-sweep?  I do not enter the Bitcoin address from Bread into Electrum or just the private key?

-Has anyone ever tried something like this, maybe from a different wallet (especially interested in moving from Bread)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16657

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:59:46 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 08:09:20 AM by LoyceV

Are the instructions still OK to get the private key ?
I have no experience with Breadwallet, but it looks okay from here. You can of course just try, just be careful not to show your private keys anywhere.

-Do I just need to enter the private key I generated from the above website into Electrum by going to wallet-private keys-sweep?  I do not enter the Bitcoin address from Bread into Electrum or just the private key?
Importing means you enter your existing private key, and use it in another wallet. Sweeping means you move the funds from the address associated to that private key to a new address in your new wallet. Sweeping is safer, as your old wallet can no longer access the funds.

As for your first transaction to the exchange: If you look up the transaction in a block explorer, does it just show up as unconfirmed? If that's the case, it may or may not confirm in the coming days if fees ever get lower again.

jjrr007 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:10:07 AM

It shows as pending

One of the transactions got stuck, because part of that transaction had Bitcoin which I hadn't  received yet.  That transaction was sent using a lower economical transaction fee.  I thought it was received back.  How can I tell if the Bitcoin is actually received back so I don't make the mistake again?  How long does it generally take to receive the money back if it's stuck?
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:56:31 AM

It shows as pending

One of the transactions got stuck, because part of that transaction had Bitcoin which I hadn't  received yet.  That transaction was sent using a lower economical transaction fee.  I thought it was received back.  How can I tell if the Bitcoin is actually received back so I don't make the mistake again?  How long does it generally take to receive the money back if it's stuck?

Usually ~2 weeks, if the transaction does not get rebroadcast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: