Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x due to happen, but I have Bitcoin stuck at Fairlay until January 1st  (Read 171 times)
junoreactor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:31:26 PM

Hi folks  Smiley

I want to double check with you guys, but I think I am a bit screwed in this situation, since I am reading about Segwit2x fork to happen on December 28.
My big concern is that I have 0.3 Btc in my wallet, but also 0.35 Btc deposited at Fairlay (sports betting) stuck on a bet that will be paid on January 1st. Which means I will probably be able to withdraw on January 2, but I am screwed if the fork happens on December 28, right?

I mean I will get 0.3 B2X instead of a total of 0.65. I guess I am the one to blame, but I never knew so many forks would happen this year, I had no idea about forks when I bought Btc in the first place.

All opinions and comment welcome. 
shine111

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:39:24 PM

Even if your bitcoin is in your wallet, you are still not 100% guaranteed to get the fork coin, you need double check for if your wallet support the fork.
The best way is to find a website trading platform, that had announcement  will give you all the fork coin bonus.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:42:05 PM

I am not suite sure if this Segwit2x fork on the 28th is a scam or not just yet.

They (Bankers) know that we are not happy with $30+ transactions costs in BTC and might be trying this ploy
to stop us from all running for the exit door because we need coins on the block to get the new free gift.

I don't even know if scammers have taken over and are just using other peoples names to scam people because the
volumes on B2X look real low to me

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

I am not suite sure if this Segwit2x fork on the 28th is a scam or not just yet.

They (Bankers) know that we are not happy with $30+ transactions costs in BTC and might be trying this ploy
to stop us from all running for the exit door because we need coins on the block to get the new free gift.

I don't even know if scammers have taken over and are just using other peoples names to scam people because the
volumes on B2X look real low to me

Thats my point indeed. This new fork is still not guaranteed I think. May be it is from the scammers who emerge fork coins every second day now. We will see it in a few days.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:46:51 PM

Even if your bitcoin is in your wallet, you are still not 100% guaranteed to get the fork coin, you need double check for if your wallet support the fork.
The best way is to find a website trading platform, that had announcement  will give you all the fork coin bonus.

NO WAY

Keep the private key to your BTC yourself in a wallet you own and do not trust Coinbase to hold them for you on the 28th
because they then get to decide if they will keep the new coins or pass them on to you.

DO NOT move your coins to another on-line wallet because someone says you need to give them your
BTC to get the new coins because it will be a scam.

You need your coins on the current BTC block-chain and you can deal with wallet issues at a later data.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:53:34 PM

Thats my point indeed. This new fork is still not guaranteed I think. May be it is from the scammers who emerge fork coins every second day now. We will see it in a few days.

We got let down on this fork in the past so they could do it again and i don't think that the people behind this
split are from the team of developers from the previous segwit fork so i am just sniffing around before I decide
to pay $30 in transaction fees before sending my coins held by Coinbase over to my own Jaxx wallet

Do not trust Jaxx for big amounts because the 12 word phrase is encoded but the encryption key has
become public so some wallets have been hacked but apart from that I do like it 

shine111

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:15:52 PM

NO WAY

Keep the private key to your BTC yourself in a wallet you own and do not trust Coinbase to hold them for you on the 28th
because they then get to decide if they will keep the new coins or pass them on to you.

DO NOT move your coins to another on-line wallet because someone says you need to give them your
BTC to get the new coins because it will be a scam.

You need your coins on the current BTC block-chain and you can deal with wallet issues at a later data.

Coinbase and Ledger wallet so far only support major fork coin, and the speed is very slow, I waited few months to get my bcc forks.
Ledger is the safest way to keep the coin, but, if you want to get all of your fork coins fast, you may can try  www.binance.com, it has announce to support all fork coin.
junoreactor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:19:42 PM

Thanks for all the replies and the constructive opinions.
Indeed I am not willing to put my coins at Coinbase, I will keep everything at blockchain.info and if this fork becomes official, I'll have to hope they support B2X and offer the coin to their customers.

@Anti-Cen
I am wondering the same.
At the beginning of November there was a hype about this fork, right now there is no hype apart from a few posts here and there that it will happen on 28. No idea if this is again fake news or legit...
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:28:22 PM

Coinbase and Ledger wallet so far only support major fork coin, and the speed is very slow, I waited few months to get my bcc forks.
Ledger is the safest way to keep the coin, but, if you want to get all of your fork coins fast, you may can try  www.binance.com, it has announce to support all fork coin.

Yes binance sounds a better bet but as I understand it having your BTC in the chain means that down the road you can just enter your public BTC address into
some software program and it will credit your new wallets with the new coins by looking at what you held in the old copy of the BTC block-chain

Bit more work but is safer but do correct me if I am wrong

Do you think this new fork is for real ?

Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:38:01 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 03:49:11 PM by Anti-Cen

At the beginning of November there was a hype about this fork, right now there is no hype apart from a few posts here and there that it will happen on 28. No idea if this is again fake news or legit...

Last time we knew months in advance about the pending fork and not just a few days before it so I am suspicious and this new fork seems to be offering all things to all men including some type of Lightning sticking plaster and ETH type contracts down the road.

Sad to say something just does not smell right with this free gift but i am just trying to decide if it's worth the ridiculous
$25 BTC transaction fee to move my coins out of Coinbase to my own personal wallet just in case it's for real 

See link below for more details
www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ultimate-comeback-bitcoins-segwit2x-fork-scheduled-december-%E2%80%8E%E2%80%8E28/

I think anyone can clone the block chain and then offer to give people 1:1 token from the original chain but surly it has a value of zero
and is just one more reason why i don't like this block-chain concept and surly clones of public chains just results in mega inflation

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:44:28 PM

I guess you’re forked.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: