Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do holidays affect the outcome of the launched ICO?  (Read 240 times)
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:51:01 AM

I do believe it will have some impact, but not a massive one as most ICO's are running for at least a month. I wouldn't advise launching on Christmas or New Years and just wait till January,
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:08:53 AM

Yes morelikely it will affect the holidays,people are cashing out and will take their money out of the exchanges.

beetlejam

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:18:20 AM

I think they would have a small part to play, I would advise to avoid them if possible.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:24:46 AM

I see that many companies are moving their ICO, because they do not get enough money from investors. This holidays affect the bad fundraising or projects are really fraudulent.
Will they collect the right amount after the holidays? How you think

This issue is really going on very well, and the cause is really clear. ICO is booming, many ICOs are developed only in a short time, can say, this is the era of ICO. Too many projects have been created, but the number of investors is negligible, so the projects that are not attractive enough will not receive the investment from the investors.
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:51:41 AM

Investors will use their money in holidays so yes it will affect the ICOs.

Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:57:53 AM

I see that many companies are moving their ICO, because they do not get enough money from investors. This holidays affect the bad fundraising or projects are really fraudulent.

I dont really know what happen to most people with their holiday. I think the holiday like now christmas and new year are big event then it can affect to ico project crowdsale. Maybe they will get less money in ico period.
I think better for them to do ico not in holiday.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:59:05 AM

The main thing that affects them is the market-wide price swings, like the late summer one and maybe also the one this week. Holidays might have an effect, but not so much as the dramatic crypto price movements.

CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:10:30 AM

Yeah, I think many people are not up to ICOs. They drink, have fun, spend the time with their family and friends
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:15:11 AM

Some icos have extended the period throughout Christmas and into Q1 of 2018. This will ensure that investors will have picked up the long awaited January pay check and have some money to invest in an ICO. Hopefully that ICO will help to recover their finances from the xmas overspend Grin
Ayaancool

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:20:51 AM

Its completely depend on the project lots of projects still running their ICO some are postponed Main reason is bitcoin price correction another people are taking holidays after years of effort . After January second there should be some business starts.
iloveturtles

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:05:26 AM

I do think it has an affect also this time of year I imagine isn't the best for investments anyways.

You can't control the market and how the prices change, but you can choose a time where there is no holidays, so make it easier to be more successful. No need to make it harder!
wizzydizzycrypto

Activity: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:17:11 AM

I think they have a small impact, if you can avoid launching an ICO around this time of year. I think this time of year impacts all industries of course sometimes in positive ways rather than negative.
bithuner

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:57:21 PM

I think they would have an impact I just don't know which way it would go.

I would just avoid it as much as possible, it is hard enough to judge the crypto market prices of ETH / bitcoin without having to think about holidays. it would also depend on where most of your investments are coming from (Russians don't celebrate Christmas, but have more time off after New Years for example.)
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:38:27 PM

I think not. It is how the investors and the bounties will approach the ico. More campaigns, more chances that the ico will be notice by the people.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:02:36 PM

If the project really has value, then the vacation will not prevent the collection of the required amount. Successful campaigns collected the necessary amounts for 2 weeks. IMHO
potraviny

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:40:22 PM

I would just avoid holidays all together if possible.

People are only considering the ICO, but what about the boarder context? Maybe ETH price drops or increases, never mind if people are not looking into more ICOs. If you can't avoid it, then just deal with it, but I would try to hold the ICO in a month that doesn't have too many big holidays.
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:07:35 PM

I dont think it matters too much if they ICO launches pre holidays, it's all based on the investor himself if he wants to invest or not, and how much they are willing to invest.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:11:05 PM

people even can invest more during the holidays if they are going to pay by cryptocoins. Because they have more free time to spend on internet and they can search more about icos. So i dont think they will collect more after holidays.
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:14:32 PM

Yes i think it is,when holidays like christmas and newyear comes all of the people needs to cashout for their pockets.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:14:20 AM

I think it does have an impact, not just in people less likely to invest because they are busy, but also you have to take into consideration that maybe ETH goes down as well.

I would just avoid running an ICO round the time of a big holiday.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: