Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:04:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 45% drop - this is new territory, never seen before  (Read 961 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:53:05 PM

but the thing is that they usually learn their lessons after the first incidence and that is what makes it even better.

It might look like so, but the thing is that there are so many of these people, that those who end up learning from their mistakes, are still no match in number for those who keep making the same mistake. Great thing however is that the market has been going up continuously regardless of all this incompetence. Each time the price is going down, people act like it's something ground breaking, while if you look back, it all fits in how this market operates. People should understand that this isn't the stock or Gold market. In no shape or form does this market acts similar to how the aforementioned markets act, and that should be clear by now. It's like people don't think Bitcoin deserves to have this value, or even doesn't serve a purpose.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:18:12 PM

Actually, this fall in price is very frustrating and the decline was over of 16% in last 7 days. Furthermore, maybe the biggest reason is that there are many people selling great value of their budget of bitcoin. But surely that after this drop of the price there will be a huge growth in a short period of time. In otherwise, this may be achieved early next year.
Moreover, this volatility of the value is  expected and normal for all Cryptocurrencies.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:58:22 PM

In less than 100 hours the price dropped from 19.700$ to 10.890$. That is a 45% drop.

There has never been a drop like this in such short time in the full history of Bitcoin.

Ever.

"volatility is normal in crypto" I hear many say. But not like what we see today. We have never ever seen anything like this.
yes thats true and this situation is very frightening and it can made a panic selling and maybe that's the reason why bitcoin keep crashing nowadays, and this issue is not normal cause it will be a concern because it can reduce our profits much if the price will continue to collapse. Maybe this is the end of bitcoin journey for this year. Perhaps the price will recover in first week of 2018.
SirArthur

Activity: 183
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:17:05 PM

One day, back in 2011, I went to sleep with it around 30 USD, woke up the next morning with it at around 3 USD. A 90% drop over night.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:20:32 PM

Hahahahahaha what the fuck? Zoom out that chart champ. Take a look from 2013-2014. Do you see that? That's a 90% dip. Now that's a kick in the pants. 45% from the ATH is normal fluctuation. If you can't handle the 45% dips you don't deserve the 1000% gains lol.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cryptocurrency. Every bank wants it gone so they can continue to generate money out of nothing. Now they have to work for it, and soon they'll just be so screwed that they pressure governments to ban it, which is about as useful as banning an email client or the internet hahah.. Just HODL. Best advice I ever got as a newbie.
Isaak Bitcoin

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:21:04 PM

The price at 19000 was clearly overstated, so the decline was inevitable. Then bitcoin went up to 13-15 thousand and is still in this range. Such a price for today is justified. I hope that after the New Year the cost of bitcoin will start to rise.

brampower

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:55:58 PM

In less than 100 hours the price dropped from 19.700$ to 10.890$. That is a 45% drop.
There has never been a drop like this in such short time in the full history of Bitcoin.
Ever.
"volatility is normal in crypto" I hear many say. But not like what we see today. We have never ever seen anything like this.
It might be a new territory for you but people have seen many crashes in the past,the one i remember is the big crash in 2013 when the price suddenly had a peak above thousand dollars for the first time and then went down drastically,i am not sure within how many minutes that crash occurred but that was a pretty heavy crash in terms of percentage.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:52:55 PM

Ever.
It might be a new territory for you but people have seen many crashes in the past,the one i remember is the big crash in 2013 when the price suddenly had a peak above thousand dollars for the first time and then went down drastically,i am not sure within how many minutes that crash occurred but that was a pretty heavy crash in terms of percentage.
People have seem similar price crashes, but none could have expected such a massive price fall in a much shorter time period. In particular the price price increase happens without any initiation during the year end and continue to the start month of the falling year. This time nothing has happened, other than panic among the users.
Last Song

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:23:10 PM

but the thing is that they usually learn their lessons after the first incidence and that is what makes it even better.

It might look like so, but the thing is that there are so many of these people, that those who end up learning from their mistakes, are still no match in number for those who keep making the same mistake. Great thing however is that the market has been going up continuously regardless of all this incompetence. Each time the price is going down, people act like it's something ground breaking, while if you look back, it all fits in how this market operates. People should understand that this isn't the stock or Gold market. In no shape or form does this market acts similar to how the aforementioned markets act, and that should be clear by now. It's like people don't think Bitcoin deserves to have this value, or even doesn't serve a purpose.

This is only a price fluctuation. The similar ones happened this year too, nothing to get surprised I think. We need to act carefully and watcht the market price. I hope it will recover soon after the altcoin bull market ends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: