Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This time is different  (Read 267 times)
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:47:49 PM

I'm being serious. This drop is different. The number of people involved is enormous (e.g. cryptomoms). Bitcoin (and ultimately all cryptos) will not recover from this one. Too many people will be burned here for the market to sustain itself. We're finally (finally!) at the beginning of the end. I've confirmed this with multiple sources.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:59:01 PM

Of course. The big whales have sold everything (creator of bitcoin.com, creator of litecoin etc). Hedgefunds are short and are going to drive this down. Japanese margin traders will get autosold and a general sense of reason is entering the media, that a coin with $50 fee per transaction and only 7 transactions per second might not be the coin of the future, LOL.
fat buddah

Activity: 329
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:03:25 PM

This is a massive dump, but there is nothing to be worried about because the price will recover sooner or later.
Why do you think that it touched $10,200 and now it is upto $13,300? Because they are re-buying again.

AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:17:45 PM

This is a massive dump, but there is nothing to be worried about because the price will recover sooner or later.
Why do you think that it touched $10,200 and now it is upto $13,300? Because they are re-buying again.

Why would anyone buy something that doesn't work? Bitcoin is completely blocked, average transaction cost is $55, there are 280 000 unconfirmed transactions, plus there is no legit solution for this problem.
greensheep

Activity: 278
Merit: 44

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:19:08 PM

just saw this on twitter

"It is time to wreck all the CME #Bitcoin shorters that rode us down to 45% dip. They did 8,000 coins of volume today on the January contract. It's time to show them what #BTC does to those that short the bottom."
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:20:30 PM

just saw this on twitter

"It is time to wreck all the CME #Bitcoin shorters that rode us down to 45% dip. They did 8,000 coins of volume today on the January contract. It's time to show them what #BTC does to those that short the bottom."

Show me please, buy a coin for $12.700 that has failed as a payment system. It's fun !
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:21:38 PM

This is when faiiiiling will come back to haunt us  Shocked

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
greensheep

Activity: 278
Merit: 44

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:35:15 PM

well if Roger Ver and crew wouldn't spam the network with micro transation to slow it down I guess it wouldn't be that bad wouldn't it?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:40:59 PM

I'm being serious. This drop is different. The number of people involved is enormous (e.g. cryptomoms). Bitcoin (and ultimately all cryptos) will not recover from this one. Too many people will be burned here for the market to sustain itself. We're finally (finally!) at the beginning of the end. I've confirmed this with multiple sources.

I remember you saying more or less the same thing when Bitcoin was diving below $500 a few years ago. It's always the same with you doom preachers. You become lazy when the prices are surging and when they start to fall you come out in waves with your "i told you so" babble. I know some of you would love for the crypto that has made all of us holders and supporters rich to finally go down but this is not the end. Bitcoin has experienced some incredible drops of value like the one that took us from over 1000 USD to 160 and we're still here.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:15:21 PM

Why would anyone buy something that doesn't work? Bitcoin is completely blocked, average transaction cost is $55, there are 280 000 unconfirmed transactions, plus there is no legit solution for this problem.
I'm waiting to see they solve the problem of how.and one thing that decreasing the price will reduce the transaction fee.  a transaction fee is too big. bitcoin will not become future payment currency with rates so high.

Make me great again
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:34:48 PM

Proudhon strikes back, fantastic Cheesy

The proudhon indicator is an excellent one to start considering buying back in. He has a perfect record of always breing wrong since Bitcoin was invented.

Of course. The big whales have sold everything (creator of bitcoin.com, creator of litecoin etc). Hedgefunds are short and are going to drive this down. Japanese margin traders will get autosold and a general sense of reason is entering the media, that a coin with $50 fee per transaction and only 7 transactions per second might not be the coin of the future, LOL.

Bitcoin as a store of value is still unmatched. Bitcoin as a fast payment solution will be here when lightning network is operating at big scale. Doubters will pay.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

From the past experience with Bitcoin and Cryptos, I can assure you adoption here doesn't dilute volatility. The percentage volatility was same when Bitcoin was around $400-500 and used by small community to present when it is moving between $11K-18K and used by large crypto population.
This market is still immature and you shouldn't expect this fall to be the end. It will revive and soon enough. This could been a major set-back if such crash was shown by Stock Market, etc but Crypto Market isn't traditional security market. Volatility is essence of this market.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Please state your sources! This post is making claims without backing them up.

Your opinion is definitely a positive one, and there have been many many many people before you who shared the same exact sentiment after other drops.

The fact of the matter is that Bitcoin is already on a recovery period. You'll see that the price has gone from 11500 to around 13300. This is close to a 20% increase. With any large bullish run comes a drop, but with Bitcoin notice that there are always rises.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:01:03 PM

If you keep bidding up over and over you will block any network provided there's enough people using it. Bitcoin has the oldest infrastructure in the industry and the most users which obviously makes it the most vulnerable to such blockades. The cost of transactions will keep going up until people finally stop outbidding each other to get into the first block. Right now if you pick the average cost of transaction and send something you still may not receive it. And i'm not talking about receiving it in a given time. I have sent a transaction over 2 days ago with an average fee. Within 6 hours the average fee has tripled and my transaction kept getting lower and lower priority until after 2 days it went into the infinity bracket. You can be in a similar situation now if you choose to pay $50, you can never know how many people will decide to pay $150 or $200...
It's as much a problem of the users as it is of the network.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:05:50 PM

I could not but agree more and the only reason why most people were rushing in was because they saw another form of quickly making some money and that was where the main issue all started and bitcoin is not even scaling. With the huge transaction fees, one transaction has still been withheld on the network now for days. It sucks and becoming annoying.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:11:46 PM

What happened had been predicted by many people after bitcoin price reached 20000 dollar that fast. It's just a correction and it is same as past corrections. This time the correction was bigger because of some panic sellers like you. Now the price has started to rise again.

Don't panic and don't cause others to get into a panic.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

What happened had been predicted by many people after bitcoin price reached 20000 dollar that fast. It's just a correction and it is same as past corrections. This time the correction was bigger because of some panic sellers like you. Now the price has started to rise again.

Any rise in price is just noise on the way to total ruin. We're in a clear bear market down trend now.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SerMeric

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:20:46 PM

mickey is the first when the ship starts sinking. And the captain is the one who leaves the last. The gap between being mickey and the captain is hard to survive. Expect the ship is not sinking. Its just abit windy sea. So the holders will be the winners. Of course if it doesnt hurt you or loved ones. Its something else.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:24:36 PM

Any rise in price is just noise on the way to total ruin. We're in a clear bear market down trend now.

Just had a look at your last topics and you have been shouting Bitcoin death for quite some time however here we still are Smiley

July 08, 2016, 02:39:43 PM
The Death of Bitcoin as Confirmed by Data
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1543358.msg15514651#msg15514651

August 03, 2016, 06:51:19 PM
The price will recover just like it did from the mtgox debacle over 2 years ago
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574486.msg15806378#msg15806378

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Ektra

Activity: 137
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:32:39 PM

This is when faiiiiling will come back to haunt us  Shocked

Repent and cut your loose!!!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: