Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is the most expensive vaporware in the history of software industry  (Read 178 times)
AmazonStuff (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:28:19 PM

Bitcoin just doesn't deliver what he promises, cheap and fast money transactions. Transactions via BTC network are not cheap at all ($55 per transaction and raising), they are the most expensive transactions around, plus you can't even make a transaction because network is clogged, 282 000 unconfirmed transactions, we only have a promise of Lightning Network as a solution for this problem, solution that is not fully implemented, solution that is not Bitcoin, promise is not a solution, promise in software industry is called vaporware. In my honest opinion, after 5+ years of using BTC, currently it's worth $0 (ZERO).
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:35:10 PM

Bitcoin code can be changed. Fees can be changed in the code as far as I know (probably a soft fork).

The problem is that there are too many people entering bitcoin at once causing the current infrastructure to be overrun.
They will adapt and then we can go higher with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:38:19 PM

It's never promised cheap and fast. Something properly decentralised, though it may not really be that at present, can never hold a candle to a conventional centralised service. Others do promise cheap and fast but let's see them at full capacity for years before deciding whether that claim is true.

ETH failed in its current form at that when enough users arrived too. But it wasn't claiming that either.
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:47:14 PM

Bitcoin code can be changed. Fees can be changed in the code as far as I know (probably a soft fork).

The problem is that there are too many people entering bitcoin at once causing the current infrastructure to be overrun.

LOL you make it sound like it's something easy to change it. Fact is that they've been working for years on 'lightning network', the supposed workaround for the problems and that it's still far from ready to be rolled out. And even when it's ready, there are a lot of arguments against it, like: https://medium.com/@curt0/lightning-network-will-likely-fail-due-to-several-possible-reasons-336c6c47f049

It's much more likely that bitcoin will just disappear and some other coin that's not flawed at its core will take over.
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:51:45 PM

LOL you make it sound like it's something easy to change it. Fact is that they've been working for years on 'lightning network', the supposed workaround for the problems and that it's still far from ready to be rolled out. And even when it's ready, there are a lot of arguments against it.

It's much more likely that bitcoin will just disappear and some other coin that's not flawed at its core will take over.

OK so because it's not easy we should just let it burn down and give up Cheesy

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:51:56 PM

It's never promised cheap and fast. Something properly decentralised, though it may not really be that at present, can never hold a candle to a conventional centralised service. Others do promise cheap and fast but let's see them at full capacity for years before deciding whether that claim is true.

ETH failed in its current form at that when enough users arrived too. But it wasn't claiming that either.
Indeed!
Many those coins which promise fast transaction and less fees might fail when their adoption rate matches Bitcoin's. Lightening Network is in process of development and it might very well get implemented by next year. High fees and slow transactions are indeed the problems. But before that becomes a problem in growth of bitcoin, LN would be operational.
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:54:44 PM

Indeed!
Many those coins which promise fast transaction and less fees might fail when their adoption rate matches Bitcoin's. Lightening Network is in process of development and it might very well get implemented by next year. High fees and slow transactions are indeed the problems. But before that becomes a problem in growth of bitcoin, LN would be operational.

Lightning network goes against the decentralized philosophy of cryptocoins, that's why it will fail. Another cryptocoin that's not as flawed at its core will take over, that makes much more sense than some centralized patching system like lightning network: https://medium.com/@curt0/lightning-network-will-likely-fail-due-to-several-possible-reasons-336c6c47f049
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:56:21 PM

Lightning network goes against the decentralized philosophy of cryptocoins, that's why it will fail. Another cryptocoin that's not as flawed at its core will take over, that makes much more sense than some centralized patching system like lightning network: https://medium.com/@curt0/lightning-network-will-likely-fail-due-to-several-possible-reasons-336c6c47f049

Let's see how one operates before condemning it, no? I personally don't have the slightest clue how it's all going to work. I'll wait to see one in real life before deciding.
Crypto Capital

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

🔥3.5% a Month🔥Loans bit.ly/2JRWesw

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:56:53 PM

Bitcoin just doesn't deliver what he promises, cheap and fast money transactions. Transactions via BTC network are not cheap at all ($55 per transaction and raising), they are the most expensive transactions around, plus you can't even make a transaction because network is clogged, 282 000 unconfirmed transactions, we only have a promise of Lightning Network as a solution for this problem, solution that is not fully implemented, solution that is not Bitcoin, promise is not a solution, promise in software industry is called vaporware. In my honest opinion, after 5+ years of using BTC, currently it's worth $0 (ZERO).

I think there are way too many heavily invested stakeholders to let this coin truely drop to 0$. If such a crash were to begin to happen I believe the miners and other stakeholders would get their act together and develop updates to resolve the weaknesses of the coin. For example, do you really think coinbase would profit from the complete collapse of the crypto market? I think they would rather invest in infrastructure to make it last for the long haul.

├   Crypto Capital   ─  「Loans」─「Brokerage」─「BTC sales」 ╡
⊷  E-mail  ⊶ ● ⊷  Telegram  ⊶
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:07:15 PM

Let's see how one operates before condemning it, no? I personally don't have the slightest clue how it's all going to work. I'll wait to see one in real life before deciding.

A lot of details are known already and it's just worthless. LN is much more like traditional banking than cryptocoins. The revolution won't stop, Bitcoin will die but some other coin will survive. Decentralized money is here to stay, Lightning Network is not an option.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:10:00 PM

A lot of details are known already and it's just worthless. LN is much more like traditional banking than cryptocoins. The revolution won't stop, Bitcoin will die but some other coin will survive. Decentralized money is here to stay, Lightning Network is not an option.

Ok. Have fun.
AmazonStuff (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:21:17 PM

Go try Ripple (if you dare), they have "lightning network" called "payment channel". I used Ripple in 2013 and it's terrible and I won't use it ever again. Maybe it would be a good introduction how hard would it be to live in a centralized crypto. Problem with centralized is that you are not free, you must obey by their rules, for example bitcoin exchange website can freeze your account, block you until you get verified etc, same could happen in the centralized crypto world.

There will be other crypto-currency solutions, I didn't say that crypto-currency is dead, bitcoin is dead because technically it's heading in the wrong direction. Blockchain is the only true solution, avoid everything offchained and centralized.

I expect that the future of crypto-currency world would be in concurrent blockchains, find one that is cheapest, fastest, most secure etc, blockchain usability would dictate blockchain's crypto-currency value.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:22:55 PM

Bitcoin will die but some other coin will survive.

What other coin? Let me guess... WAVES? IOTA?
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:23:57 PM

Go try Ripple (if you dare), they have "lightning network" called "payment channel". I used Ripple in 2013 and it's terrible and I won't use it ever again. Maybe it would be a good introduction how hard would it be to live in a centralized crypto. Problem with centralized is that you are not free, you must obey by their rules, for example bitcoin exchange website can freeze your account, block you until you get verified etc, same could happen in the centralized crypto world.

There will be other crypto-currency solutions, I didn't say that crypto-currency is dead, bitcoin is dead because technically it's heading in the wrong direction. Blockchain is the only true solution, avoid everything offchained and centralized.

I expect that the future of crypto-currency world would be in concurrent blockchains, find one that is cheapest, fastest, most secure etc, blockchain usability would dictate blockchain's crypto-currency value.

Like I said, judge when it's there winking at you in your wallet. Until then it's nothing but conjecture, and pointless conjecture to boot. It could a heap of shit. It could be the saviour of everything. No one here is qualified to answer shit yet.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:32:17 PM

$55 per transaction and raising

I hope you jest, they are locking the doors so we cannot get out at these prices and if I do get out
then sod them, i will not be coming back after being burned

The whole block-chain concept from a software point of view is bloatware but who is a
MCSD, Mcp, Msc software developers of 30 years under his belt to argue with.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:55:41 PM

It looks to me like our OP is one of those people lured by the promises of fast and easy money. "listen dude you buy bitcoin and a month later you sell with 2x profit! I've seen a program of those young millionaires one dude has 3 million USD at the age of 20!" and now it's like
-mom, dad , I lost some of your money, they were all saying it's going to be going up, they promised me! Cry
-where did they promise you?
-on the forum! They were saying "to the moon" and so I went!

Back to reality OP, if you don't understand something don't follow the crowd. It usually doesn't end good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:03:01 PM

Bitcoin software is actually not only free but open-source under a fairly unrestrictive license. It's not software people are paying for.

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

I know little about LN but considering your statement I can still see the following

- Countries have their banking system.
- Bitcoin promises full decentralization.
- Lightning network creates a banking system that is global and not country owned.

For now the best of both worlds when considering the Blockchain to be the winning technology and not the decentralization of money.

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:06:28 PM

It looks to me like our OP is one of those people lured by the promises of fast and easy money. "listen dude you buy bitcoin and a month later you sell with 2x profit! I've seen a program of those young millionaires one dude has 3 million USD at the age of 20!" and now it's like
-mom, dad , I lost some of your money, they were all saying it's going to be going up, they promised me! Cry
-where did they promise you?
-on the forum! They were saying "to the moon" and so I went!

Back to reality OP, if you don't understand something don't follow the crowd. It usually doesn't end good.

tl;dr; ?

OP is butt hurt

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:31:08 PM

the baby that fell down and scratched his/her knee is worth zero in your calculation (crying, not moving, cannot do anything).
Otherwise, your opinion is noted. re vaporware-tell it to mr softie. They had perfected the art.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: