Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Bitcoin Cash removed from Coinbase?  (Read 87 times)
drux (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:45:47 PM

Just checked coinbase, and don't see bitcoin cash there anymore.

Anybody else can confirm this?
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:02:15 PM

Bitcoin Cash buying is listed as ’unavailable’ for me.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:13:32 AM

Bitcoin Cash is available, up and running on Coinbase's GDAX platform.  You can buy/sell Bitcoin Cash there to your heart's content.  If you have a Coinbase account simply log into GDAX with the same credentials to access your GDAX account.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:40:34 AM

i'm pretty sure it's just a regional thing. i'm in the USA and when i log into coinbase, i can buy or sell bitcoin cash up to my regular limits. when i switch to gdax, i notice that only the BCH/USD market is live. the other markets (EUR and BTC base pairs) were removed. they're definitely concerned about insufficient liquidity and they're probably trying to prevent volatility like when it launched.

i'm guessing coinbase will regret adding BCH. i've never seen a market so manipulated. in the meantime, they've reinforced the civil war within the community for a long time to come.

bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:05:59 AM

i'm guessing coinbase will regret adding BCH. i've never seen a market so manipulated. in the meantime, they've reinforced the civil war within the community for a long time to come.
Not adding Bcash would have been terrible from a customer satisfaction perspective. Coinbase customers would effectively have been cheated out of their Bcash.

Now, let's see what happens with the purportedly upcoming "Segwit2x" hardfork. My guess is that it will have a hard time gaining support among miners.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: