Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ME: Ccminer to a pool at Yiimp, using X17, Verge hash at 3MH/s - how to improve?  (Read 924 times)
cleverest (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:11:44 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 08:42:42 PM by cleverest

Hi Everyone!

I'm using a single EVGA Geforce GTX 1050....and looking for ways to improve my hash rate, even just a little bit... I'm pretty new at this and I know I don't have a great set up, but that's okay...

One great thing about this system being configured is that it will run 24/hrs for the most part (assuming it doesn't explode first) and I don't have to pay 1cent for the power, so that helps...and I'm only mining small alt coins with it...starting off with verge (XVG), but I'll try others later...

My current script is this...how can I push this more and increase the performance a bit? Really appreciate the help...

Code:
ccminer-x64.exe -a X17 -i 18 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3737 -u <mywalletaddresshere>
:Pause

After running for about 2hrs, my card is at approx 64C...

Any advice to improve the config or run a better program, for my humble build besides "don't bother"? With free power and 24hruptime, I want to certainly bother. :-)
SquigglyBear

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:49:43 PM

Funny, I just setup the exact same configuration - laptop mining with GeForce GTX 1050, yiimp, x17.  I'm getting just over 2.8 mh/s.  Will be following along to this post, curious if there are any decent ways to maximize returns.  You may already know, but any idea of how long it will take for payments to start coming through to the wallet?  I don't care how long it takes, just want to keep an eye on that to make sure I got it all setup correctly.  Should I expect to see payments in an hour? day? Only been mining for about 2 hours so far, nothing yet.

Here is the code I'm using:

ccminer-x64.exe -a x17 -ostratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3777 -u DNxmULTQWa5H2gGkZgYCTtirbEwTdoZnTi -p c=XVG

Here is the tutorial I followed:

https://itusvpn.com/mine-verge-xvg-windows-10-nvidia-gpus/#comment-398
cleverest (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:32:15 PM

Thanks for the response...as far as I know it depends upon the pools terms when they pay...for Yiimp they pay out every 3hrs....it may vary with yours...

I was able to use MSI afterburner software to gently overclock my card and get 10% more performance, to go from 3mh/s to 3.3m/hs, but not sure it made a difference...interested to see if anyone is getting better results with similar hardware, somehow.
SquigglyBear

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:33:58 PM

Yeah I finally got yiimp.eu to load and noticed the payment structure.  Looks like payments every 3 hours if you have over .01, plus I entered my address and can see it's working, pending payments, etc.  So that's cool.  Will have to mess with the overclocking later, but even at my current rates, this isn't a terrible way to stack up on some verge in the background. 
tim829

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:42:35 PM

You can improve your hashrate by using the alexis78 fork of ccminer!
Isolar1s

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

It would take ages to get a payout with just one 1050
Jamyye

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:52:22 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm using a single EVGA Geforce GTX 1050....and looking for ways to improve my hash rate, even just a little bit... I'm pretty new at this and I know I don't have a great set up, but that's okay...

One great thing about this system being configured is that it will run 24/hrs for the most part (assuming it doesn't explode first) and I don't have to pay 1cent for the power, so that helps...and I'm only mining small alt coins with it...starting off with verge (XVG), but I'll try others later...

My current script is this...how can I push this more and increase the performance a bit? Really appreciate the help...

Code:
ccminer-x64.exe -a X17 -i 18 -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.eu:3737 -u <mywalletaddresshere>
:Pause

After running for about 2hrs, my card is at approx 64C...

Any advice to improve the config or run a better program, for my humble build besides "don't bother"? With free power and 24hruptime, I want to certainly bother. :-)

If you can get your card a little cooler you will see performance slight increase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: