Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer of OMG to ETH wallet error  (Read 79 times)
rottweiler68 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:25:56 PM

I mistakenly, big time Newbie, transferred OMG at Binanance to my Coinbase ETH wallet.  I should have exchanged it at Bianance prior to sending, but regardless, they are both my accounts and I have all the transaction info on both ends.  Is there a way to recover it?

Thanks much!
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:18:16 PM

If coinbase waller is not erc20 wallet your OMG are gone.

I think and i am sure your OMG token is gone. No way to recover it since you use eth wallet in exchange.
Actually you should use OMG wallet if the exchange support it.
Sorry to say this but its true.
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 11:28:17 PM

I mistakenly, big time Newbie, transferred OMG at Binanance to my Coinbase ETH wallet.  I should have exchanged it at Bianance prior to sending, but regardless, they are both my accounts and I have all the transaction info on both ends.  Is there a way to recover it?

Thanks much!

Most probably your coins are GG but there are warning signs everywhere. Take it as a lesson learn from it and prevent it from happening again that is all you can do now.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
rottweiler68 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:10:35 AM

Thanks much!

Most probably your coins are GG but there are warning signs everywhere. Take it as a lesson learn from it and prevent it from happening again that is all you can do now.

Yep for sure.  It was my own stupidity and luckily it was only $200 something rather then 1000's.  Thanks for taking the time to respond!

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:24:05 AM

Thanks much!

Yep for sure.  It was my own stupidity and luckily it was only $200 something rather then 1000's.  Thanks for taking the time to respond!

But you can to make a support ticket, Does coinbase will be able to recover your amount. Just a little possibility if they can. Be careful before sent anything mate. Because coin base ii different with binance. In binance majority of erc20 token will be accepted.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:46:21 AM

Thanks much!

This is BAD, there are always warning messages issued by Exchanges while creating your token address, like only send "XXX" token to this address.
However, there are chances that the transaction became dead and your exchange may have got it back to the account, but its highly unlikely that there will be a support to this scenario.
I will still suggest you to raise a ticket with Binance Support and tell them your situation.
All the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: