Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coins killed by last drop?  (Read 126 times)
SerMeric (OP)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:38:28 PM

Is there any alcoins died because of the last drop of BTC? Or will be there any alt gone if btc keeps droping?
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:41:25 PM

yes, most Alt coin depending on the price of BTC for them to rise, the drop of BTC has really affected most of the Alt coin like that of Piggy, Minex to mention but a few, BTC is the father that is leading most of them.
mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:04:55 PM

No, there haven't been any altcoin that has been killed because of this, just because during the last week almost all the other altcoins have been increasing a lot. So why would they die now? They are already in profit compared to last week's prices.
CrackLord

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:06:25 PM

Most alt coins trade in BTC pairs. There is no direct fiat pair value, thus the price of the alt coins are directly correlated to the price movements of Bitcoin.

Put simply, the price of most alt coins is converted from BTC to USD, thus if the value of Bitcoin drops, the value of the alt coins appear to drop.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:06:29 PM

Is there any alcoins died because of the last drop of BTC? Or will be there any alt gone if btc keeps droping?

A lot of them have been hurting but not as much as I expected. It's probably a safe assumption that if bitcoin keeps dropping then so will altcoins as for many bitcoin is indicative of the strength of all cryptos.

allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:22:31 PM

yeah some of them, i know like this one coin not even have price of full satoshi percoin, so prety much dead to me. And we have USDT i guess who doesnt give a damn about bitcoin price. wait do we classified USDT as cryptocurrency or not ?
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:23:37 PM

All the main altcoins will remain and will gradually recover in price after bitcoin, but of course, in the future, we can see much fewer altcoins.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:26:25 PM

Sure perhaps some coins have died out but only the weakest of the weak and those would be gone in a week or month anyhow. The stronger alts however are around and like one pointed out the prices are up since two weeks ago meaning if you look at the big picture everything is fine at the moment no need for panicking.

kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:30:43 PM

actually none of them got killed, they just get shot. %40 drop but recovered fast. this was needed because it was pumped and pumped all the time. they had to take a breathe at some point. it will recover soon, don't worry too much.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:32:37 PM

Well i would not say that some coin would die if bitcoins price keeps dropping. Altcoins and bitcoin price are connected, which means altcoins price depends on price of bitcoin, because bitcoin is leading crypto. But dropping of bitcoins price can't kill some altcoin. Price of altcoin is not depending on bitcoins price alone, therefore it can not die because of its drop. So end answer would be, no drop of bitcoin can not kill altcoin.
SerMeric (OP)

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:33:30 PM

Now there are holders of hundereds of coins that worth almost nothing. Alts will need stronger financial protections. We will see more trustworthy altcoins for sure.
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:34:00 PM

Altcoins are very susceptible to the growth of bitcoin. Usually fall. I have a coin espers and she is very susceptible to the decline of bitcoin.

allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 08:51:36 PM by allanr

Sure perhaps some coins have died out but only the weakest of the weak and those would be gone in a week or month anyhow. The stronger alts however are around and like one pointed out the prices are up since two weeks ago meaning if you look at the big picture everything is fine at the moment no need for panicking.
you got the point, its time to move one and make another investment coin rise and fall everyday, you choose it.

FYI your signature not perfectly in center kinda disturbing you might want to add some extra code there "[ center ][ /center ]" without space ofc
edit: i visit the bounty thread for the sig you wearing, all of them Left Align xD
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:46:55 PM

Frankly speaking... not really. Recently, the whole market (it is BTC as well as Altcoins) went up drastically. What is more, there were even moments during which BTC was falling down in price whereas Altcoins such as LTC were going up. Long story short... no altcoin is dead at this moment. For a long term, market is definitely too small for all that coins to exist. I believe that future will show only handful of coins to stay alive with real life value and purpose.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

Not really,usually alts go down way harder then this when bitcoin does his pullback but surprisingly not now wich makes me to bellive that next year will be year of the alts.Some alts even went up durring this(smartcash)most of alts just followed btc % drop
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:24:32 PM

altoins don't really die.
Just because the price drops doesn't mean it got killed off.

Believe it or not, there is a world where people are into crypto not only for investment or profit.

Whooooaaaaahhhhh! Mind blown!!!!

I'll give you a strong example: dogecoin
That thing has been around forever and for three straight years, people have been making fun of it.
Even the original dev left the project saying it was made as just a jokecoin.
But, somehow, a community formed around it, and it survived.
The community actively used it, traded it, and managed it.

Every now and then, the price would spike because noobs typically think: low price on a coin means I will be millionaire when the price goes up!
Then it would go down.  Through it all, the community still supported it.
And now, you have a massive pump in it's price.
Inevitably, it will go down again and doge will still live on, no matter what the price is.

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:37:37 PM

yes, BTC is a measuring tool to assess altcoin, if BTC goes down, then altcoin will go down. but only a few are stable and also up. like today the old alt like ETH, LTC, is down, and new alt like BCH is going up

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: