Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:31:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrew from Coinpot to scam site - "Pending" after 2 days - Help Please!  (Read 157 times)
99th (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:51:08 PM

So I saved 300k satoshi over the course of 2 months and had been very careful with doing anything with it up until 2 days ago. A friend suggested I try a new site called Colobit.biz and do it for just 15 days to make some extra btc from my saved satoshi. I looked up a bunch of reviews on it and I thought it was legit. Now all the sites have basically changed their status from "PAYING" .. not a scam - to " NOT PAYING"...scam. My withdrawal was from my coinpot wallet and therefore I have no real control over the transaction. It it being sent to this colobit wallet. The transaction was without a fee (free) and I'm guessing that it was sent by coinpot using the least amount of mining fee as possible.

Is there anything I can do about this to get my satoshi back before it hits colobit wallet and I lose it forever to a scam? It took me over 100 hours to get this and I am pretty stressed out right now Sad

I read somewhere that if the mining fee is too low, after 2 weeks the btc will hit your account again. I am afraid though because it is coinpot's wallet that it will just keep getting sent out until it gets picked up by the blockchain.

PLEASE HELP!  Huh Embarrassed Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
99th (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:24:31 AM

Anyone know of anyway to deal with this? Huh
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:42:18 PM

i dont know exactly what happen but coinpot btc adress are empty
or coinpot is down and may be you will back your sat if they come back and if your tx failed
or if tx succes then its lost

no miracle site exist to make btc, all site saying 1000% in 1 month etc.... are scam
they are one only way to make profit in crypto: buy low and sell high
Megadump

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:57:44 PM

So I saved 300k satoshi over the course of 2 months and had been very careful with doing anything with it up until 2 days ago. A friend suggested I try a new site called Colobit.biz and do it for just 15 days to make some extra btc from my saved satoshi. I looked up a bunch of reviews on it and I thought it was legit. Now all the sites have basically changed their status from "PAYING" .. not a scam - to " NOT PAYING"...scam. My withdrawal was from my coinpot wallet and therefore I have no real control over the transaction. It it being sent to this colobit wallet. The transaction was without a fee (free) and I'm guessing that it was sent by coinpot using the least amount of mining fee as possible.

Is there anything I can do about this to get my satoshi back before it hits colobit wallet and I lose it forever to a scam? It took me over 100 hours to get this and I am pretty stressed out right now Sad

I read somewhere that if the mining fee is too low, after 2 weeks the btc will hit your account again. I am afraid though because it is coinpot's wallet that it will just keep getting sent out until it gets picked up by the blockchain.

PLEASE HELP!  Huh Embarrassed Cry

Colobit.biz - really? Did you even read the pigeon english on the website? Dear oh dear...
And please tell me what you think is "safe" about accumulating 300k satoshis in a faucet website? Did you ever once think about sending it out to a proper wallet? Seriously?

I guess you will learn an expensive lesson.

For your consideration in the future, here are the rules of crypto:

Rule #1 of crypto:

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

Rule #2 of crypto:

Never invest more than you are willing to lose.

Rule #3 of crypto:

Don't fall for the FOMO.

Rule #4 of crypto:

Buy low - sell high

Rule #5 of crypto:

"Don't talk to me unless its about intangible coins..."

I think you broke rules #1 and #3.

Coinpot is gone.

By the way, why would you ever withdraw anything to a website that you yourself call a scam site? Are you an absolute sucker??
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:08:39 PM

You are lucky if they giving back your satoshi.. the only thing that i know can help you is the support of coinpot..
Coinpot is faucet wallet and if there is no transaction fee maybe the colobit you are talking about also using coinpot wallet..
Like the above said coinpot is down that is why your transaction is pending.. So try to contact their support and i think they can help you..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
alexandrecs

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:18:15 PM

You should try their support, but unfortunelly i believe you lost your money mano... sad but true :/

Always take care, there are many ways to make a lot of money with cryptos, but ppl use this to scam others...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 01:08:54 AM

First of all, I think that friend who suggested to invest into this scam, isn't friend of you anymore :/
You should be more careful before investing your hard earned btc.
Previously I saw people complaining about long time pending withdrawals from Coinpot. And after some time they got their btc withdrawal, or it was cancelled and btc were returned to Coinpot ballance. Both scenarios are real.
Only thing what you can do now - wait. Coinpot currently on maintenance. Their support isn't responsive, so if you will try to contact them, it's not likely that you will get answer.

marlais

Activity: 142
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:50:52 AM

I actually received a LTC withdrawal from coinpot on the 21st. It took about a day after I put in the request. Have you searched for the BTC address you gave them on blockchain explorer? I heard that their BTC transactions are taking forever because of network congestion and I'm sure they're using small fees. I have heard others recommend that you convert your withdrawal to Dash or LTC so you receive it in a reasonable amount of time. That being said, they have been offline for maintenance for 24 hours or so, so if your withdrawal is not already in the mempool you might be waiting a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: