Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the mining of Ethereum profitable?  (Read 1090 times)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:21:31 PM

You can tell how profitable Eth is by how hard it is to buy Amd Gpu's, currently it is next to impossible.
pergola

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:32:57 PM

I think that in the future the ethereum will switch to a new protocol of work, which excludes mining. If this happens, the owners of equipment for mining will be very unhappy.

Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:56:48 PM

I think that in the future the ethereum will switch to a new protocol of work, which excludes mining. If this happens, the owners of equipment for mining will be very unhappy.

No, everyone will just switch to another currency. Nvidia people will go to NeoScrypt coins and Equihash (Zcash) amd AMD guys (RX cards) will jump ship to other Ethash coins.

Nvidia users will have MUCH more flexibility when it comes to mining other coins whereas AMD RX users are more of a one trick pony for Ethash. AMD RX cards can mine other crpyto, but not nearly as good as Nvidia cards.

Thats why ive got Nvidia only, more efficient, better resale and most important, better flexibility. 
klintistwood

Activity: 157

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:37:03 PM

No, everyone will just switch to another currency. Nvidia people will go to NeoScrypt coins and Equihash (Zcash) amd AMD guys (RX cards) will jump ship to other Ethash coins.

Nvidia users will have MUCH more flexibility when it comes to mining other coins whereas AMD RX users are more of a one trick pony for Ethash. AMD RX cards can mine other crpyto, but not nearly as good as Nvidia cards.

Thats why ive got Nvidia only, more efficient, better resale and most important, better flexibility. 

I bought nvidia for the same reason but I would simply add that nvidia is good for most of the coins, it's only that RX cards are a bit better for some coin. You can make decent money with Nvidia on Ethash.

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:30:03 AM

Vitalik Buterin says that ethereum will soon switch to the protocol Proof-of-stake (PoS). This will mean the end of the mining ethereum.  Sad

Stake VIP wager
KetyShery

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:34:30 AM

If you think that ethereum is not profitable now, tell me what is better to get on RX cards. I will be very grateful, since I am a newbie and I expect that you will give your helping hand.
DigDeepMining

Activity: 580
Merit: 253

Atheios.org

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

If you think that ethereum is not profitable now, tell me what is better to get on RX cards. I will be very grateful, since I am a newbie and I expect that you will give your helping hand.
That would depend on what RX you have as each one as different hashrates for different algos...as I speak the RX 580 would get you $5.58 profit mining Pirl but only $4.41 profit mining Eth, check whattomine to see whats more profitable on that day Smiley
KetyShery

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:12:33 PM

That would depend on what RX you have as each one as different hashrates for different algos...as I speak the RX 580 would get you $5.58 profit mining Pirl but only $4.41 profit mining Eth, check whattomine to see whats more profitable on that day Smiley

Thank you very much, my cards are RX 580 4gb x5. Is that what is Whattomine is profitable? If the coins are not there and they are very profitable?
ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:41:05 PM

In my opinion, the ethereum is quite profitable for mining. But in the future, the ethereum ministry will cease to be relevant. At least this is what Vitalik Buterin thinks.
GregorWar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

i'm mining ETH and ETC for about 8 months now...and there was some period where ETH was low on price...but still i managed to cover my electricity bill...i'm paying around 180$ for elec...so at this price of ETH + DCR is very profitable to mine...around $10k/year...minus $2600 electricity cost's...it's still +$7k profit...this is half of my year's sallary...

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 01:23:17 PM

Vitalik Buterin says that ethereum will soon switch to the protocol Proof-of-stake (PoS). This will mean the end of the mining ethereum.  Sad

LOL they have been saying POS for 2 years now basically as soon as it came out.  When it becomes POS then we all just move to other coins, no big deal.  There will always be other coins to mine.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

Plenty of options for AMD owners if Eth goes to POS, other Ethash coins like Ubiq, Pirl or ETP. My RX 570's also perform well with CryptoNight, Monero, Sumokoin, ETN and then theirs multiple Neoscrypt coins too.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
barhotka

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:15:52 PM

Naturally, ethereum is beneficial for mining. It will be even more profitable if eth seriously rises in price, and there are prerequisites for this.
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:12:18 PM

Hello, I'm thinking about the mining of Ethereum. Is this a profitable business? And how much do I need to invest in hardware?
ethereum mining is profitable, but there are some other coins available for mining, like monero,that can be a good choice for you depending on your purposes. and with the electricity cost how long mining ethereum will be profitable we don't know. but some are predicting about its better future. one of friend informed me that he is earning good,and he is hoping for more.
maxiimallist

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:44:26 AM

Naturally, ethereum is beneficial for mining. It will be even more profitable if eth seriously rises in price, and there are prerequisites for this.
If you mean the release of the Casper Ethereum protocol, then yes, this is the start of a new phase of the development of the Ethereum ecosystem, which potentially can lead to fundamental changes in the network infrastructure. I hope this will seriously increase the value of this coin.

ⓄⓄ    Bitscreener - The world's first financial data ecosystem powered by blockchain    ⓄⓄ
ⓄⓄⓄⓄ    ICO starts in June 27     ⓄⓄⓄⓄ
Follow Bitscreener  | Facebook | Twitter| Telegram
Mastker

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:01:11 PM

They can mine other coins such as ZEC or ZEN.
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:09:05 PM

Mining Ethereum is definitly profitable. The price has dropped and the difficullty went up, but it's still profitable.

The statement that you need a big investment is not true neither (depending on what you call big). I have a small rig with 4 RX580 8 GB and it costed me 1500€. I started with one GPU and than gradually expanded. I buy my GPU's at around 300€, which is I think reasonably priced.

Take into acount your powercost, but even for me in one of the most expensive countries for electricity, I still earn a nice profit. You will not get rich of it, but you have some fun on it as well (otherwise you will go out and spend the money in the bar or so). 
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:10:29 PM

its depending on your wattage if its free then any card is profitable

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:21:41 PM

They can mine other coins such as ZEC or ZEN.
yes, their can do it other coins, most importantly their coins are GPU based algorithm such Cryptonight Algo.

dcjim1

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:49:12 PM

its getting less and less profitable as ETH prices crash. word of caution
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: