Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any suggestions on mining hardware home builds for alt cryptos?  (Read 88 times)
skullcracker101 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:31:32 PM

I’m sure there are those suggestions, but still learning to navigate this site as there are so many posts I just don’t have 500 hours to read it all. If someone could post some links that would so very cool. Interested in mining Monero, Litecoin and Ethereum, and new comers I’m not read up on yet. Definitely not attempting to mine bitcoin. Thanks in advance for any genuine links worthy of perusing.

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:40:50 PM

I’m sure there are those suggestions, but still learning to navigate this site as there are so many posts I just don’t have 500 hours to read it all. If someone could post some links that would so very cool. Interested in mining Monero, Litecoin and Ethereum, and new comers I’m not read up on yet. Definitely not attempting to mine bitcoin. Thanks in advance for any genuine links worthy of perusing.

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

Probably the forum is too big of information that anyone be overwhelmed, just don't stop reading and exploring, you don't actually need 500 hours at once to get what you want to know, a filtering would do. Anyways, here are some information regarding the coins you want to mine.

Ethereum and Monero

This algos can be mined thru GPU and is way profitable as of today, Monero can also be mined thru CPU but not as profitable as GPU and algo flexibility

Examples of Premium GPU are AMD RX 570,580, Vegas and NVIDIA 1060,1070, 1080 and the Ti's

Litecoin can be mined thru ASICs, its not as complicated as above as you don't need to assemble anything or its a plug and play then configure setup, the challenged you could face as of this moment is the availability of the machine due high demands.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:50:48 AM

If you want to mine ETH I suggest going with an AMD build if you want to mine coins like ZEC, ZEN, BTG or others go with NVIDIA.  

Overall NVIDIA cards are plug and play without needing any modification except OCing using afterburner.

AMD cards will require you to flash the BIOS. If you are just looking for something to get you started take a look at a few suggested routes below

Intro to building a mining rig
https://theminerhub.com/mining/newbie-guide-building-6-card-crypto-currency-mining-rig-part-1-decision-time/

Rig building guides  

NVIDIA Builds https://theminerhub.com/mining/building-a-mining-rig-part-2-hardware/

AMD Builds https://theminerhub.com/mining/newbie-guide-part-3-amd-edition/
skullcracker101 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:52:50 AM

Thank you very much, very kind, honest and straightforward responses without the frenemie assault. Much appreciated and I will diligently research the advice offered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: