Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What price to buy altcoins in your strategy?  (Read 136 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

Let say there is a coin that is worth say 2 dollars.  You read about it on this forum or through google and believe this coin will go up a lot.  Now the coin goes up to say 5 dollars or so.  You wanted to get some at 2 dollars but did not because you wanted to get a decent amount.  The coin then goes all the way to say 5 dollars or even 10 dollars.  Thus if you buy it, you cannot get as much of it as oppose to you buying it at 2 dollars.  If you think a coin will hit 20 dollars at least in the future, does that mean if it goes to 5 dollars, just buy it?  The thing is i kept wanting it to drop back to 3 or 2 dollars so i could get a decent amount.  Then the coin just kept going higher and higher.  So my thoughts are i cannot multiply the money that much if its 5 or 10 dollars as oppose to buying it at 2 dollars.  So i want to know what is your strategy for buying altcoins at different prices.  Thus if you think a coin will hit 20 dollars, will you buy it even at 5 or 10?  Obviously if you ask someone not in cryptocurrency, obviously that would be yes because thats a huge gain.

Say you have 5 coins that you want to buy.  You believe all these coins will at least double... some coins might 10x or 25x or 50x etc.  You can buy now but you won't be able to get as much shares of a coin that you like etc.  So do you wait for price to drop... or you just buy it now?  The thing is do you ever set a price where okay if this coin hits 5 dollars, im automatically buying no matter what because if you wait any longer, it could be 7 or 10 etc. 

There have been a number of coins i wanted to get but i didn't buy it because i kept wanting it to dip so i could buy it at lower price... only for it to go higher where it doesn't look like the price will ever drop down to the price i want it to be.  I mean you could say its like btc.  Now if you wanted to buy btc at 500 but didn't and waited for it to drip but didn't, then waited and btc kept going up, don't you all say you shouldn't have waited because the price of 500 and 600 isn't that big since the coin went up so high?  However with altcoins its much different because these coins can't hit those btc prices right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
likeBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:41:12 PM

There isn't a "proper" strategy just for buying altcoins, the only "rule" that i follow is just buy those who have a really nice roadmap.

Just take a look over Envion & Pivx, they are probably the only altcoins where i would trust right now (envion is at ico stage at the moment)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:51:55 PM

What you are asking depends on how you view the markets and then secondly which kind of return you want. If you are confident in a coin you should get in irregardless of price especially if you think it has much room to go up. That is why you run risk v reward models to see if it is worth it for you or not. Also it sounds like you are viewing the markets purely in USD and I think the majority of traders who are serious view the markets in BTC value thus a coin could go from 5 dollars to 10 dollars but remain the same satoshi value or even lose (like happened recently with huge BTC surge). Once you decide your view and what kind of returns you want vs the risk you will take the decisions will be making themselves.

Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:53:30 PM

There isn't a "proper" strategy just for buying altcoins, the only "rule" that i follow is just buy those who have a really nice roadmap.

Just take a look over Envion & Pivx, they are probably the only altcoins where i would trust right now (envion is at ico stage at the moment)

Nice Strategy you got there. But as you may already know, No strategy works at all times. For me, I just concentrate on coins with low market capitalization. Because It's easy to double or triple it's marketcap. You can't say the same for those big cap coins.

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:04:25 PM

There isn't a "proper" strategy just for buying altcoins, the only "rule" that i follow is just buy those who have a really nice roadmap. Just take a look over Envion & Pivx

I like those alts, Pivx is probably the main altcoin that i am buying right now, i just started buying this coin two days ago when the price was about $8,50 each one of them.

Now i am a lucky guy, because the price decreased to $7,75, so i am still buying at a cheaper rate than before.

And Envion is a good ico, i really like those guys, and they have already raised more than 34 million dollars, that is an incredible result just for the first stage of their ico.

Anyway, there isn't any strategy to follow, i support this guy, but there are some patterns that you can easily follow from other people than might be able to help you out to make a better trade.
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:08:17 PM

Let say there is a coin that is worth say 2 dollars.  You read about it on this forum or through google and believe this coin will go up a lot.  Now the coin goes up to say 5 dollars or so.  You wanted to get some at 2 dollars but did not because you wanted to get a decent amount.  The coin then goes all the way to say 5 dollars or even 10 dollars.  Thus if you buy it, you cannot get as much of it as oppose to you buying it at 2 dollars.  If you think a coin will hit 20 dollars at least in the future, does that mean if it goes to 5 dollars, just buy it?  The thing is i kept wanting it to drop back to 3 or 2 dollars so i could get a decent amount.  Then the coin just kept going higher and higher.  So my thoughts are i cannot multiply the money that much if its 5 or 10 dollars as oppose to buying it at 2 dollars.  So i want to know what is your strategy for buying altcoins at different prices.  Thus if you think a coin will hit 20 dollars, will you buy it even at 5 or 10?  Obviously if you ask someone not in cryptocurrency, obviously that would be yes because thats a huge gain.

Say you have 5 coins that you want to buy.  You believe all these coins will at least double... some coins might 10x or 25x or 50x etc.  You can buy now but you won't be able to get as much shares of a coin that you like etc.  So do you wait for price to drop... or you just buy it now?  The thing is do you ever set a price where okay if this coin hits 5 dollars, im automatically buying no matter what because if you wait any longer, it could be 7 or 10 etc.  

There have been a number of coins i wanted to get but i didn't buy it because i kept wanting it to dip so i could buy it at lower price... only for it to go higher where it doesn't look like the price will ever drop down to the price i want it to be.  I mean you could say its like btc.  Now if you wanted to buy btc at 500 but didn't and waited for it to drip but didn't, then waited and btc kept going up, don't you all say you shouldn't have waited because the price of 500 and 600 isn't that big since the coin went up so high?  However with altcoins its much different because these coins can't hit those btc prices right?
To be honest, I like the other altcoins because it has proven its capabilities such as bitcoins, ethereum, litecoins and etc. but not the new existing altcoins because they need more time to be accepted and trusted by others. Different strategies has its own weakness and having strategies is quite good than nothing because some of it works and others don't work. Observing the market is one of the basic rules that we should apply in order to be more confident to build your own strategies and deciding on your own will help you to be more independent in anything in the future.
jacksonmark30

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:09:07 PM

There is no specific price as well look into the historical chart of a coin and compare its lowest price and highest price within a 52-week period.
Mhedz

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:09:21 AM

buying at dip price is the best and only strategy in choosing what altcoin is good to buy.just learn more how to trade,search and explore more all trading strategy and be a master

stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:50:09 AM

There are too many strategies in buying or selling altcoins but I am only buy altcoins when the price is lower than it's expected price, before that i always check in coinmarketcap how much is the total supply or circulating supply of the altcoin i am going to buy.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: