Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's news (IMO) July 31, 2013  (Read 2067 times)
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:45:00 PM

Should we worry about 1 million premined? Also is there some sort of info on subsidy halving in Huh years. If the coin only produces 700 coins a day then the devs have ~4 years of coins already! LOL ORBCOIN!!

You forgot,

"- mining halves every year"

Do they mean coins produced will be halved? If so, did any of them bother to do the math on that?  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Block Reward = 0.25 per block, halves yearly
Yep.

So, roughly 250k coins first year, 125k the next, 62k, 31k, 15k etc... that's only the first 5 years, how long to reach that ridiculous premine? Is 31 mil total even possible.

Maybe my simple math is off.

News post was a fun read.

Sorry, I guess I was so dumbfounded after reading the top of the post I forgot to scroll down further. My mistake.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
emunebtk

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:30:20 PM

oh wait! Bestcoin launched today as well..another new crappy coin..woot! :/ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265505.0
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:53:42 AM

oh wait! Bestcoin launched today as well..another new crappy coin..woot! :/ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265505.0
Yeah another shitcoin..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:29:34 PM

Make a website

I have secured the gmail cryptocurrencybroker@gmail.com, and i was going to do a similar thing , except focus more on economics of the positives, but everyone loves dirt , that's why i like this also.

you should call it "bottom of the barrel news" - or "the dump report"

i like "The Dump Report"

sums it up for me.

what about "error log Dump report"

if you want it a bit more spun .
sunsofdust

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Business News

Coinwarz has been causing miner confusion today as it has been reporting incorrect prices for cryptsy traded coins. User root1484 @ cryptsy was the first to notice.

The downward spiral of Alts has continued with many bag holders lamenting the high rates at which they bought coins, anticipating exactly what ...we do not know.

Recently Erundook has opened his new trading platform to open beta, again user root1484 was first on the scene. We'll be keeping you informed on user ratings.

Looks like Coinwarz has fixed the issue with exchange rates from the Cryptsy API.  Here is a quote from their twitter feed.

Fixed Cryptsy API buy order issue for buys with 0 quantity, which was impacting the Exchange rate displayed for Fastcoin and a few others.

https://twitter.com/CoinWarz
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: