Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are you doing during this huge correction? (the largest so far this year)  (Voting closed: January 06, 2018, 11:44:29 PM)
I am holding no matter what - 13 (54.2%)
I already sold all my BTC - 3 (12.5%)
I am selling if it goes below 8K - 0 (0%)
I am buying more BTC - 6 (25%)
Other (specify) - 2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Christmas "correction"  (Read 352 times)
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:23:06 PM

Obviously that it was the grand christmas correction, a lot of people thought that it was the end, but those who knows how the market moves are just buying & buying, and that is the only way to earn money in here.
Do you see it now? The ones who bought yesterday are in a huge profit right now.

I am also just thinking that the price goes down for us to be able to buy more of it, it is just like a Christmas sale right?? Yes that was just for correction and it is a normal thing that we don't need to panic especially now that the price is going higher again so I believe it will go up again to $20k.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:27:08 PM

I have no reasons to sell so I will hold. Besides I'm not one of those who are just holding  bitcoins but also using it actively so I will continue to spend them also. Although I always try to spend when it's the best rate.
This is the correction that was expected. Yesterday the price came on around 11000$ but today is again over 15000$. So this was the great opportunity for traders to get some more coins and make profit.

malaj
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:37:49 PM

I do not sell my holding coins. I think Christmas will affect the coins. Then I hope that all will be okay. Because of this, many traders do not trade for some time due to this problem.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:05:33 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 06:45:33 PM by bitcad4u

I do not sell my holding coins. I think Christmas will affect the coins. Then I hope that all will be okay. Because of this, many traders do not trade for some time due to this problem.

It is not just a correction what we have seen in crash billions has been slashed from the market cap ,but as far as handling the situation in the last two days ,I just remain Calm although the price make me to worry.So hold and avoid panic selling is the best way to handle this kind of situation.
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

I have no reasons to sell so I will hold. Besides I'm not one of those who are just holding  bitcoins but also using it actively so I will continue to spend them also. Although I always try to spend when it's the best rate.
This is the correction that was expected. Yesterday the price came on around 11000$ but today is again over 15000$. So this was the great opportunity for traders to get some more coins and make profit.

Me neither. I couldn't do anythin during the correction of friday.

I just was working on the office and I was away from doing some positions on my exchange accounts. I let them go and I will see the result at the end.
cryptobull3

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:46:10 PM

I love this Warren Buffet statement that says "whales get wealthier from fear of newbies" i watched the market closely that day and you could see a lot of newbies sold them precious bitcoin coz of fear!
and whales eat them up , very soon we will see bitcoin price get back to normal and newbies get tempted again to buy bitcoin and they will sell in next correction and on and on!
experience is not free and paitence is the key!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
BitDiscussion

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:19:03 AM

It really wasn't that big of a dip. A correction is healthy and it's needed if you want to continue on a normal pace. That being said, there was a lot of newbie FOMO and I think we'll see another wave of that very shortly.
Whether you admit it or not, there is a Santa Claus hiding behind the prices of the bitcoin and he has gifted the people with this much low price. Today the selling and buying was suspended due to a high traffic on the exchange, now once the Christmas will be over, the price will not only go back, but I guess it will go even beyond 20K USD, so lets take the maximum advantage out of the situation and get our gifts
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

There is nothing wrong with the market, we have a huge run this year and it's just normal that there is a price correction.
I don't actually mind this happening because I know the dump will not last and there will be bright future ahead, in fact I can see bitcoin started the bull run now, we have reach $16,000 already and just a little push we will be back to the ATH.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:35:57 AM

I am getting used to breathing through these altcoin and bitcoin crashes, and last week my portfolio was like 50% less than it was a few days earlier, but my gut told me not to panic, then the next day everything went up to almost previous aths. I sold a little bit on the high of my holdings, just to tie us over so we can pay our rent and bills for a few months and letting the rest ride and will add to my portfolio as more of my bounty payments come in.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
ashler (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:40:34 AM

I sold a little bit on the high of my holdings, just to tie us over so we can pay our rent and bills for a few months and letting the rest ride and will add to my portfolio as more of my bounty payments come in.

This is the way to go.

We need to remember we're in a bubble and it can pop at any moment. Newbies should look back at the Bitcoin history and remember that in Dec 2013 it was a bit over 1,000 $ and in Aug 2015 it was about 200 $, a loss of 80%. It took more than 1,5 years to recover. Many people might say "just hold it" but I wonder how many people can wait so long time to break even. And of course, there's zero warranty that the price will always go up.

Finally, the fact that this has become mainstream should set off alarms to all of us.

JOE KENNEDY, a famous rich guy in his day, exited the stock market in timely fashion after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good, a theory also advanced by Bernard Baruch, another vested interest who described the scene before the big Crash: http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1996/04/15/211503/index.htm
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:51:49 AM

because of my method because now I still hold bitcoin and I need to do it because I do not know what will happen in the future when the price will increase in next year will be 10years that will be higher today its price and the more it uses it and I think there is no reason to lower the bitcoin price because now many investors are here.

Ray3z

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:52:09 AM

Actually, I'm long time investor so most of my coins are still in profit but this downtrend reduced a lot of my profit so not in a hurry to sell any of my coins. I will hold them for long and if possible buy some more only best coins which I think may go higher later on. Maybe wait for these holidays to finish to see a good recovery in all coin prices.

I think holding is good choice then when the price decrease to some point that we are not expected.
But in my opinion, if we still have capital, i will also prefer to buy again when it cheaps.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:56:33 AM

Especially there will be no problem if you are holding or buying new coins meantime.
As you know before past prices are always increasing so you will earn soon or late just it is a matter of patience.
ashler (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:06:59 AM

As you know before past prices are always increasing so you will earn soon or late just it is a matter of patience.

Quite a bold statement. There's no warranty that "prices will always increase", unless you're in a bull market. But a bull market can become a long bear market where the opposite happens: prices always decrease. Just go few years back and check the Bitcoin bear market between 2013 and 2015. Thinking the prices will always go up and that everyone can make easy money "always", is delusional.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:22:12 AM

Actually, I'm long time investor so most of my coins are still in profit but this downtrend reduced a lot of my profit so not in a hurry to sell any of my coins. I will hold them for long and if possible buy some more only best coins which I think may go higher later on. Maybe wait for these holidays to finish to see a good recovery in all coin prices.

I think holding is good choice then when the price decrease to some point that we are not expected.
But in my opinion, if we still have capital, i will also prefer to buy again when it cheaps.

For those who don't have capital to buy bitcoins again, only preference is just hold. Nevertheless, If I have the capital in time, I will still prefer to buy and accumulate more in my wallet.

Quite a bold statement. There's no warranty that "prices will always increase", unless you're in a bull market. But a bull market can become a long bear market where the opposite happens: prices always decrease. Just go few years back and check the Bitcoin bear market between 2013 and 2015. Thinking the prices will always go up and that everyone can make easy money "always", is delusional.

I think before anything, we need to understand that the market is based on speculation. As such, no one really can say for certain that the price will always go up. No market has sustained a bull market for long time. However, when we see that the market is very bullish, everyone thinks that is sustainable, but it ain't and sometimes we need pullback to make the market grow.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:27:08 AM

Wealth people get wealthier while other sell their Bitcoins at the low price. It's a simple re-buy for whales, bigger amount of BTC they posses the bigger profit they have.

Tongue
pedromonteverde

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:05:05 PM

I think if you're not tough enough to deal with this situation just exchange them all to USDT and hold til you're back to work.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:20:00 PM

I see no reason for selling my bitcoin during massive correction like "The Xmas Correction" - I'm holding my bitcoins no matter what. Cool

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 05:07:33 PM

The correction will keep happening no matter what but just because of that we should never be feared of getting into the crypto currency. The thing is we loose the current entry point of the bitcoin purchase and thus may loose much higher profits that we could earn after the correction happened in future. We don't know what the correction will bring to us, it could lead to prices to very lower points or it may happen that they never get too low. So the waiting period would be loss of time an nothing else. But on the brighter side if you put your money into it and then wait until that point then there is also possibility that price will take bigger jumps and then come down. With that said you can just grab as much profits as you want and enjoy the trade that you played like that way. :-)

So yeah 2017 Christmas correction is old thing now and everything looks normal to me. The rates are going higher again and this time it would be slow because people are still having hangover of the Christmas and no one is making investment into bitcoin yet. But they will soon and you will see the rise in the prices.

Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:47:29 PM

I see no reason for selling my bitcoin during massive correction like "The Xmas Correction" - I'm holding my bitcoins no matter what. Cool
Funny though that everytime that there is a correction, people thinks that is the best time to sell their coins. Wake up!!! The proper time to sell your coins is during the all-time-high and not during a correction. Newbies you should read all what the guys above me is telling. Better to HOLD. Bitcoin is for long term investment. If you think that because the price is going up, it will just go on forever. You guys are entering the bitcoin market and crying everytime you see a slight drop of price.

The correction will keep happening no matter what but just because of that we should never be feared of getting into the crypto currency. The thing is we loose the current entry point of the bitcoin purchase and thus may loose much higher profits that we could earn after the correction happened in future. We don't know what the correction will bring to us, it could lead to prices to very lower points or it may happen that they never get too low. So the waiting period would be loss of time an nothing else. But on the brighter side if you put your money into it and then wait until that point then there is also possibility that price will take bigger jumps and then come down. With that said you can just grab as much profits as you want and enjoy the trade that you played like that way. :-)

So yeah 2017 Christmas correction is old thing now and everything looks normal to me. The rates are going higher again and this time it would be slow because people are still having hangover of the Christmas and no one is making investment into bitcoin yet. But they will soon and you will see the rise in the prices.

Very well said mate, correction is another picture that you have to account for, not just the price going up everyday. Sometimes the corrections that we all feared for will come, but if you have been in the market for a long time, you know that it will just goes through. The main thing is just hope and do not panic. Oh, another lessons here, since the price is dropping today, its better to enter once more. I know that there are still a lot of investors who are waiting and hoping for a correction. So another opportunity to buy it at a cheap price and just HODL because there might come a time that we are going to see another massive pump surpassing the ever goal of everyone, -$20K.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀