Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys what is airdrop?  (Read 247 times)
IL.Guerreiro (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:19:16 AM

I am newbie and I heard those who are in a rank like me can join airdrop.
Thanks in advance for your informative answers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:32:20 AM

They are two types of airdrop dude :
1. The Manual - means you need to get listed on their list to get an airdrop/free coin.
2. The Automatic - means you will get a free coin when you qualified to their qualifications like you must have a minimum amount of 0.01 ETH to qualified to their airdrop once you have that amount you will receive automatically a free coin.
SevenSign

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:27:50 AM

Hello there, its me jhassmin again, whose still not losing hope for airdroping.
Its mean of this, no more hope for those dont have enough rank and dont have that minimum eth balance required for earning eth token or token of each dev, like me?

So whats the hope waiting for us like me as a newbie, dont have enough and have no way to buy token, only just waiting for ranking jr level, just like that?

Im confuse, sorry for this.
But really tnx for thought uv share, its very appreciatable.

I think, thats the only iv got hope, reading and reading, waiting for my jr member rank...
More power to all of u, there.
IL.Guerreiro (OP)

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:50:02 AM

1. The Manual - means you need to get listed on their list to get an airdrop/free coin.
2. The Automatic - means you will get a free coin when you qualified to their qualifications like you must have a minimum amount of 0.01 ETH to qualified to their airdrop once you have that amount you will receive automatically a free coin.

Thank you so much,i got it now. You explained it very well, so easy to understand.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:31:52 AM

Basically it is a giveaway done by tokens developers to promote their new coins. Usually you can join them simply answering to basic questions or filling a form.

Bmorebully79

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:38:59 PM

Aurum token has an airdrop and its a great security project with an actual road map check it out!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVO8T8P4f4XDhMLPUlezU7gXHP-0NMOnXfgqDkfxozZwnHUw/viewform?c=0&w=1
Bmorebully79

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:44:20 PM

heres another one!

FREE TOKEN ALERT!  Receive FREE EtherBTC!  I just registered for the EtherBTC 2018 Airdrop and you can, too!  Go to https://etherbtc.io today!

mirte86

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:12:51 PM

You can also go for the airdrop of deep onion
just go to there website and click on it and you will see the rules and how to apply for it good luck

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Baby Gold

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:26:26 PM

If i'm not wrong, it's free tokens/coins with do some task or join a campaign you can claim it as free, but the minimum rank is jr member. It just a time to reach it
hope you can understand my simple answer.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

This is wrong.

If i'm not wrong, it's free tokens/coins with do some task or join a campaign you can claim it as free, but the minimum rank is jr member. It just a time to reach it

You are wrong.

The concept of "Airdrop" is the most commonly misunderstood concept in the cryptocurrency world.

An airdrop is a form of cryptocurrency acquisition and it ONLY applies when a cryptocurrency is being hard forked. The forking coin grants coins of their forking currency at an amount equal to what each wallet contains of the target cryptocurrency. You don't have to "sign up", campaign, invest, do work, or register for an airdrop.

What others are explaining here are methods for getting involved in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). If you're joining a campaign, you're getting compensation for your campainging. If you're giving the ICO an "investment" like Ethereum or Bitcoin, that's an investment. These are not airdrops.
projectshivom

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

A New Era in Genomics

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:19:50 PM

The airdrop likes most have mentioned is a form of extra publicity for the ico or token project. Because in essence its giving away free money in form of the digital coin/token in question.
Abn

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

AirDrop is a kind of giveaway that is used as a promotional tool, AirDrop participants are usually required to perform certain tasks as a condition to obtain a number of Cryptocurrency Tokens, for example the task is like social media or create a video presenting the AirDrop organizer company.
sallydavisy

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:00:36 AM

Lately, number of airdrops has decreased a lot. As I see, it connected with fact there many airdrops are scum and trying to steal you private key.
Pertor

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:19:32 AM

Relatively speaking, this distribution of coins is free. You just need to leave the purse and fill in some data (registration form).
LuckySarah

Activity: 88
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:37:51 PM

A free coins that you can receive. But it's just a few cheap coins mostly.

Go-go-go, power girls !
Blondegeek

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:33:02 AM

This is wrong.

You are wrong.

The concept of "Airdrop" is the most commonly misunderstood concept in the cryptocurrency world.

An airdrop is a form of cryptocurrency acquisition and it ONLY applies when a cryptocurrency is being hard forked. The forking coin grants coins of their forking currency at an amount equal to what each wallet contains of the target cryptocurrency. You don't have to "sign up", campaign, invest, do work, or register for an airdrop.

What others are explaining here are methods for getting involved in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). If you're joining a campaign, you're getting compensation for your campainging. If you're giving the ICO an "investment" like Ethereum or Bitcoin, that's an investment. These are not airdrops.

Ok, so instead of posting another thread I will ask my questions on this one...

1. If an actual airdrop happens, what do you need to do to ensure you would receive coins?  Specific wallet?
2. For these campaigns, ICO and such, seems like a lot of work for little benefit. Is this true or are there some examples of this being worthwhile?
javerzky

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

i am really looking forward to the comments below about what is airdrop all about.
i just want to know how it works and how to participate in the ico that has an airdrop for new member like me because all i know, it should be jr member here in bitcoin forum before you can participate in the airdrop

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:07:08 PM

This is wrong.

You are wrong.

Ok, so instead of posting another thread I will ask my questions on this one...

1. If an actual airdrop happens, what do you need to do to ensure you would receive coins?  Specific wallet?
2. For these campaigns, ICO and such, seems like a lot of work for little benefit. Is this true or are there some examples of this being worthwhile?

1. You need to be pretty active and follow the relative crypto community that does the airdrop. Es. recently we had the IGNIS airdrop and every NXT holders got a specific amount of IGNIS token, but you need to had your NXT tokens on a specific exchange (es. Bitterex was partecipating) or wallet.
2. Yes it depends on the project but for example OMG was airdropped to ETH holders and the amount was kind of substantial and required little hassle and OMG value today has increased over 1000%. So gotta keep your eyes open for the right project!
theres sites like airdropalert.com where you can get reminders of all the airdrops happening in the crypto community.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: