Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Green mining / environmental services  (Read 480 times)
jungle_dave (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:27:18 PM

Hello all,

I would like to offer the mining community a unique service.
The ability to offset your carbon footprint from mining operations by having me and my team in the Amazon plant trees on your behalf. If you run a mining rig at 1 kw/h you are producing close to 20 kg of carbon a day!
 I run a tree farm in the heart of the Amazon that was a failed cattle ranch now its a center for sustainable agriculture. I focus on nitrogen fixing trees. Our operation is small but we would like to grow with your help.
We have greenhouse facilities for the propagation of native and non native hardwood species that we plant, sell and donate to less fortunate families as a long term green investment. I would like to donate more trees but our costs are high.

Our tree production falls in 3 categories:
Native species that produce renewable crops such as leaf oil, nuts, latex etc;
Non native species grown for hardwood such as African mahogany, teak, and ebony;
Native species for re-forestation of degraded land (we have allot in our region).

I comply fully with environmental laws regarding this operation and will not sell to people who plan to clear cut virgin rain forest.

Any donations I receive here will be split as follows, 20% of the propagated trees get planted on my land, 20% go for sale to pay operating costs and 60% will be donated to local families.

I am not asking for a handout, just offering a fair deal.

0.01 btc buys 3 trees and offsets your 1 kw/h rig for a month of 24/7 operations.
1 btc buys 40 trees and offsets your rig for a year.

I will provide proof that we do what we say with pictures posted monthly on a site that we will have up shorty.
I would also like to stress this point, this is not an investment, loan or scam to make me rich. Its an offer to the bitcoin community who have been successful in there operations to reduce there carbon footprint, help us create local jobs and give local families another option then having to cut down the forest to survive.

Thank you for your consideration and happy mining!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: