Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MS Bitcoinminer How can you turn off the popup banners and video commercials  (Read 121 times)
Technoferret (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:24:43 AM

I have been using the miner on a laptop that is soley used for mining, I have become aware of the popup banners and full screen video that popup and kill my miner. Is there a way to kill this random garbage from running on the computer as it has often opened Browser hijacks that have the MS "Your computer has been infected, Call MS support 800 BS fake IT support phone number.
         I have run Malwarebytes and pulled pups but no virus's. I'm use to MS OSs having vulnerabilities, I'm just not fond of random apps running on my computers. Could someone give me some direction please.

TYVM in advance
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 2622

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:26:27 AM

If you are mining on a laptop then you are NOT mining Bitcoin, you are mining altcoins. You might get paid in BTC but in no way are you directly mining it. For the past several years only ASIC-based miners can mine BTC and this is the Bitcoin-only area. You need to post in the altcoin areas.

That said, the app is most likely mining Monero and vids/popups are the price you pay to use it. Folks running the app make their money off of the ads you are forced to endure. For your um, patience, they in turn give you a tiny portion of what they make from the ads.

Either delete the app or live with it. Up to you.

TANSTAAFL.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: