Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have launched a new bitcoin pool server called bitcoinOre.com. Some questions  (Read 571 times)
bitcoinore.com (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 503

workingForBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:29:39 PM

Hey guys,

I have started putting together a new bitcoin mining pool server.

I have been mining at BTCguild.com for a long time, however, it seems more and more these days that Bitcoin Mining is becoming centralized around btc guild. The whole philosophy behind bitcoins was to prevent such entity from existing.  So in the spirit of Bitcoins, I decided to start up my own pool.

Two things right off the back:

• The site is stil a work in progress, as far as content and features go, but the basic functionality is there.
  • The pool fee will be 0%, until after our first block, then it will go to 1.5%

I was hoping that a few of us to find alternatives, and I am here to present my.

I have a few questions;

• How would I get my server listed on the GUI Miner server select menu?
  • What are some features you guys would like to see on the site?
  • I currently distribute using PPLNS, but some sites do PPS. Does anyone know what is preferred these days?
  • What would prevent you from using an alternative site like bitcoinore.com, instead of btcguild.com?

Besides those questions, I would also welcome any questions or suggestions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matupoiv

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:33:51 PM

Hey guys,

I have started putting together a new bitcoin mining pool server.

I have been mining at BTCguild.com for a long time, however, it seems more and more these days that Bitcoin Mining is becoming centralized around btc guild. The whole philosophy behind bitcoins was to prevent such entity from existing.  So in the spirit of Bitcoins, I decided to start up my own pool.

Two things right off the back:

• The site is stil a work in progress, as far as content and features go, but the basic functionality is there.
  • The pool fee will be 0%, until after our first block, then it will go to 1.5%

I was hoping that a few of us to find alternatives, and I am here to present my.

I have a few questions;

• How would I get my server listed on the GUI Miner server select menu?
  • What are some features you guys would like to see on the site?
  • I currently distribute using PPLNS, but some sites do PPS. Does anyone know what is preferred these days?
  • What would prevent you from using an alternative site like bitcoinore.com, instead of btcguild.com?

Besides those questions, I would also welcome any questions or suggestions.

1) I would contact the developer
2) Really up to you
3) I prefer PPLNS personally
4) The only thing that might drive me me away would be that btcguild is much more well known but after you pool gets some rep I might go to it

Hope that helps Smiley
bitcoinore.com (OP)

workingForBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:36:37 PM

1) I would contact the developer

Hi matupoiv,

would you happen to know who the developer is, and if he/she is active on these boards? If he/she is not active on these forums, would you happen to know how else I would get in touch with him?

I looked over the software, but I did not see any contact info.

Thank you

bitcoinore.com (OP)

workingForBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 02:54:09 AM

bump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: