Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Think Bitcoin Is: Commodity, Currency, Security Or Scam?  (Read 138 times)
Nancy Lisa (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:20:48 AM

What Do You Think Bitcoin Is: Commodity, Currency, Security Or Scam?
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:07:46 AM

For my bitcoin rating is a security, and currencies. Because as long as you are going to get money because of the amount you paid for it. Security because you know a lot about it that you just can understand and not just get lost.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:08:17 AM

It can be all of those things.   It depends on where you got on, got off, or perhaps even fell off the boat.   It depends on whether the music keeps playing or if you're left without a chair when the music stops.

For me, it's been a commodity and currency.  I've been paid and continue to receive income in btc.  It's been somewhat of a security (as I have plenty sitting around doing nothing hoping for long term capital gains), but at the same time I don't trust it completely as a long term security as opposed to say T-bills or something like that.   If I had a terminal illness, I'd probably convert it all to something more tangible for my wife and kids before I got too ill.

It can't really be a scam to me because of the amounts I've converted from bitcoin to other assets, so whatever happens, I still have those assets.... but that's not to say that if one day it's revealed to be rigged or an NSA honey pot (not saying that it's likely either), then yes, I suppose you could still call it a scam.

sent from my X6
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:30:32 AM

Bitcoin can not be called a commodity, because he himself performs the function of a measure of value, that is, he fulfills the function of money. Now bitkoyn also can not be classified as a currency, because under current requirements for currency, it does not hold out in its qualities. However, in the future, the very concept of currency can be changed and after this bitcoin can be officially recognized as a digital currency. Bitcoin can not be a fraud, because its functionality is available for everyone to see, it is created with open source and everyone can make improvements to it or create a new coin by using the entire history of its transactions and including them as previous stories of its new coin.
    Recently, inappropriately and sharply rising in price to almost 20,000 dollars, bitkoyin began to manifest itself as a financial bubble, increasing in value only due to speculative growth in demand for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: