Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:03:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UNITED BITCOIN  (Read 21174 times)
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:54:11 PM

edit - i downloaded ub electrum. i do have a ubtc balance on there. it's saying 'not verified'. i don't know what that means. i hope that doesn't mean i need to provide a blood sample before they mysteriously unlock them.

Full chain said nothing.
The website explorer shows the coins came in and were taken away (unutilized) - Phase 1.   Never to come back even completing movement for Phase 2.
And finally, electrum shows the coins, but not that they were taken away or replaced.

So, with your electrum, you will see the 'not verified' go away, but when you try to move them, it will give you the error.  As a test, just move them from one address to another of yours and see.

This is true. In electrum, first my coins showed as unverified and then they showed up as verified but can't move them due to missing inputs.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

So, with your electrum, you will see the 'not verified' go away, but when you try to move them, it will give you the error.  As a test, just move them from one address to another of yours and see.

nope. not verified is still there after 24 hours. i can't send anything out or move anything. i get the missing inputs thing. i can't believe the person who put this piece of shit together was going to be bitcoin's overlord had the 2x fork happened.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:59:10 PM

so my electrum wallet is now showing a green tick next to the balance and it's no longer 'not verified'. however i still can't send anything out. i'm getting the missing inputs error.

has anyone else progressed any further with this?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:12:29 PM

so my electrum wallet is now showing a green tick next to the balance and it's no longer 'not verified'. however i still can't send anything out. i'm getting the missing inputs error.

I've just registered the address and moved the coins to a new one, as was requested. Not in a hurry, waiting for those devs to get their act together.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

Not in a hurry, waiting for those devs to get their act together.

you're gonna be in for a long wait. if these pricks want to become the greatest crypto ever they need to start delivering easily followed facts and go easy on the stuff that makes edward snowden cry.
RealMachasm

Activity: 187
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:40:40 PM

We are all in the same boat ECB.
The reason you (and I) get the error is because the coins are no longer in the addresses of your electrum wallet! Its just that Electrum doesn't show this last move.
They have been moved using some sort of GOD mode by the UBTC team.
If you look at the address that supposedly has the coins in your Electrum wallet then paste that address in the UBTC explorer https://www.ub.com/explorer/
you will see that the coins have been moved to an address that you don't have the keys to.
God knows when/if these are going to be returned or not.
I also went through the trouble of claiming the coins using their site but my balance shows as zero on their claim page???
Don't think they could have made this more complicated if they tried. Perhaps that was their intention? Bamboozle us into thinking it was our mistake!!!

3LrRBnTe6CDtMXkvpsXj5fVZyfjFVJf2ZW
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:55:46 PM

Not in a hurry, waiting for those devs to get their act together.

you're gonna be in for a long wait. if these pricks want to become the greatest crypto ever they need to start delivering easily followed facts and go easy on the stuff that makes edward snowden cry.

You may be right regarding the wait. To be honest with you, I don't expect them to deliver anything spectacular, I see this as just another fork who's purpose is to enlarge my BTC stash. I was hoping Garzik's name will be enough to get it to some nice price, but it looks like we are overestimating the guy, he obviously has troubles do deliver any fork.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:01:59 PM

You may be right regarding the wait. To be honest with you, I don't expect them to deliver anything spectacular, I see this as just another fork who's purpose is to enlarge my BTC stash. I was hoping Garzik's name will be enough to get it to some nice price, but it looks like we are overestimating the guy, he obviously has troubles do deliver any fork.

i don't know what's slowing them down. there are forks put together by nobodies that worked fine when they claimed they would from minute one.

the more ub puts out there the more confusing and rancid the whole project seems. jeff garzik seems determined to bury his rep in the crypto space for good.
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

UBTC Distribution for HSR Holders (February 01)
https://coindar.org/en/event/united-bitcoin-ubtc-ubtc-distribution-for-hsr-holders-2571
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:50:35 AM

How do we link our HSR/QTUM addresses? or do we just wait and claim later?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Ayms

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:53:12 PM

You can use this tool to claim forked coins (and whatever coin now or later): https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions

We just added United Bitcoin

See also https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827163.0 for a summary and supported coins
Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:37:40 PM

For phase 2 claim now they want me to send an amount of BTC to some addr. WTH? Is this like a "tax" for claiming?

1Gp55PCWuNGXFwLqWQoSkiL325Ksj4rhuM - lots of transactions. This method of claiming is outright BS.
Michail1
Legendary

Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

For phase 2 claim now they want me to send an amount of BTC to some addr. WTH? Is this like a "tax" for claiming?

1Gp55PCWuNGXFwLqWQoSkiL325Ksj4rhuM - lots of transactions. This method of claiming is outright BS.

Actually... Phase 2 is over and they didn't distribute anything.

They are now in Phase 2 (B) called 'Grace Period' in which they want you to now sign up and they now require identifying information.
Without having given out the original Phase 2 distribution which closed nearly a month ago, there is no reason to believe they would give out phase 2 grace period after you give up your personal information.  It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.

Quite simply, it might as well be people trying to find the richest bitcoin holders in order to extort them.

Labrader

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:21:41 PM

I signed up with some bogus info. And I clicked thru it until it asked me to pay a tax to them. This looks like scam.

It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.
They're not very smart, if this is their plan. I can easily empty the BTC addr to some exchange and the analysis chain is broken.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:10:50 PM

I signed up with some bogus info. And I clicked thru it until it asked me to pay a tax to them. This looks like scam.

It's simply another tactic to obtain information for their Chain Analysis software to track and record who owns what coins and not give you anything for your information.
They're not very smart, if this is their plan. I can easily empty the BTC addr to some exchange and the analysis chain is broken.

but not many exchanges are anonymous and they may well have signed up with garzik's company to keep track of questionable coins. exchanges these days are alot more scared of breaking an unknown law than annoying you.

yep. i fired up my vpn, dug out a disposable sim and tried the sign up thing. it wanted something like .0005 from the address I 'registered'.

there is nothing to send in that address. i'm not stupid enough to leave any bitcoin in there.

this fork gets more loathsome and amateurish with every move.
Labrader

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:17:16 PM

but not many exchanges are anonymous and they may well have signed up with garzik's company to keep track of questionable coins. exchanges these days are alot more scared of breaking an unknown law than annoying you.
Fine than. I shapeshift to some untraceable coin and the analysis chain is still broken. All they might know is that at some point in the past the fake name and disposable anon sim I used has had some BCN or something of the sort.

I believe this is too elaborate and of too little value. When the "tax" they request is hard cash in hand, much more palpable.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 04:48:48 PM

Fine than. I shapeshift to some untraceable coin and the analysis chain is still broken. All they might know is that at some point in the past the fake name and disposable anon sim I used has had some BCN or something of the sort.

I believe this is too elaborate and of too little value. When the "tax" they request is hard cash in hand, much more palpable.

That's all fine and dandy trying to anonimize your coins; however, the issue still remains that they haven't even paid out for Phase 2 that completed nearly a month ago.  So, no reason to believe that going after the Grace Period coins after giving up information is going to be any better.

What's next?  Phase 2 Grace Period Extra Super Round by linking your Facebook and Twitter accounts to get the Super Extra Bonus stuff (and still while not paying the prior rounds and/or retracting them as well in God mode)?   Smiley

eduardocastellano

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:57:33 PM

Strange the hash power died the same day of the distribution... Why would the network slow down the same day of the distribution?
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:53:55 PM

Strange the hash power died the same day of the distribution... Why would the network slow down the same day of the distribution?

What distribution?

The complain is that no one is actually getting the coins other than exchanges for Phase 1.

No distribution happened for Phase 2 (a month ago), nor even the updated time of Jan 24th.   And, for people to think they are going to get a distro for the Grace period in a month is simply funny if they haven't distributed from the last phase a month ago.

Quite simply, this is a Shame coin.  Even garzik hasn't made a single reply to any of the UB threads.  Even the one he is the moderator on.

At least some scam coins admit it.  This one simply never responds.  I'd rather buy into https://shill-coin.org/ as they tell you it's a shill up front.

ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

This is not a hard fork. This is an airdrop. If it was a hard fork, you could use your private keys to get the amount. But they are checking for various transactions, and then are going to SEND you the united bitcoin, and only if you provide identifying information.

Why is anyone bothering with this? Is there really a thought that this is going to take off?

If they are able to send coins to anyone they want, then this is centralized. They have a huge premine, even if eventually anyone can mine. What is the point of this obtuse procedure except for them to keep more coins for themselves and/or to get personal information for tracking?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: