Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UNITED BITCOIN  (Read 21174 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:31:29 AM

shame they had a deadline for btc holders; I was a btc holder at the time and their method of changing phase one into a different method was confusing; obviously this has effected the entire community.

This will now cause heavy btc holders to have not claimed their coins and now cannot; meaning there are no coins in circulation, you would be lucky if there is more than 500k coins claimed.

so with a circulation of 500k coins and I'm being nice with this number how is the max coins 21,000,000?  This is not accurate.

Team needs to definitely rethink this through; how can you withhold a large bitcoin holders from your supply if they missed your incompetent phase 1 and phase 2

This is not a true fork if locking out the holders of btc at the time of the fork.

i've been reinvestigating this and didn't realise there was a deadline for you to hand over your home address and sperm for them to tuck away. and that was sprung on people a long time after the first details were dropped which had no invasive shit.

how many bitcoin holders here managed to get anything? going on the track record why are any alt holders bothering with this?

i'm wondering whether jeff garzik has some type of rep death wish. first there was the 2x non fork that broke when a few tried to run it. now this, which is the most insulting fork i've ever seen.

does he have a terminal illness and is letting everything burn? once upon a time he was a real player. now he's a flat out asshole who no one will pay any attention to in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xuthe

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

What is UB's policy on idle UBTC from the phase 2 distribution to bitcoin holders? If an eligible bitcoin holder received UBTC, but never takes action, never moves the UBTC, will the UBTC eventually be reclaimed by UB?
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:28:27 AM
Merited by Rosewater Foundation (1)

What is UB's policy on idle UBTC from the phase 2 distribution to bitcoin holders? If an eligible bitcoin holder received UBTC, but never takes action, never moves the UBTC, will the UBTC eventually be reclaimed by UB?

it's clear as mud, but i think they retrospectively insisted you register and send them a nominal amount of btc from the address UBTC forked from to get it.

so it looks like most peoples' claim is toast and they keep it which was the plan all along. that 'opportunity' also ended on february 24th.
jfgreen

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:15:57 PM

at least they acquired a good domain out of it ub.com has prob a million dollar value; just sucks we can't even have a portion of that either.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:33:43 PM

at least they acquired a good domain out of it ub.com has prob a million dollar value; just sucks we can't even have a portion of that either.

i read somewhere that they're leasing it. and they'll probably skank the owner and run away before any bills are paid or even worse, try to pay them in united bitcoin which would not be a very tempting offer for anyone.

any updates from anyone who's bothered with this? i'm still curious but even more disgusted than ever.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 10:29:23 AM

it's clear as mud, but i think they retrospectively insisted you register and send them a nominal amount of btc from the address UBTC forked from to get it.

so it looks like most peoples' claim is toast and they keep it which was the plan all along. that 'opportunity' also ended on february 24th.

So the deadline to claim UBTC is over? 

I’m guessing their foundation got millions of free coins.  All for themselves.  I don’t see how they can sell this to mainstream investors.  They should have at least done an airdrop like BTX. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

I’m guessing their foundation got millions of free coins.  All for themselves.  I don’t see how they can sell this to mainstream investors.  They should have at least done an airdrop like BTX.  

it's long, long gone. and i seem to remember them constantly changing the goalposts too. when announced claiming it looked relatively simple, then they made it gradually more impossible and i gave up. one of the shoddiest operations i've ever seen and it just goes to show what would've happened if segwit2x had passed as the same guy would've been in charge.

i have not seen a mention of this coin for several months so it's safe to say it's been an absolute non event. jeff garzik is now doing that metronome thing.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 10:54:38 AM

I’m guessing their foundation got millions of free coins.  All for themselves.  I don’t see how they can sell this to mainstream investors.  They should have at least done an airdrop like BTX.  

it's long, long gone. and i seem to remember them constantly changing the goalposts too. when announced claiming it looked relatively simple, then they made it gradually more impossible and i gave up. one of the shoddiest operations i've ever seen and it just goes to show what would've happened if segwit2x had passed as the same guy would've been in charge.

i have not seen a mention of this coin for several months so it's safe to say it's been an absolute non event. jeff garzik is now doing that metronome thing.

Sounds really pathetic.  Off the top of my head I’d say these guys confiscated at least 75% of all the coins, including all of Satoshi’s coins. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: