Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:19:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USA To tax Exchanges?  (Read 79 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

Read something briefly today? is it true. that the USA govt is going to tax exchanges? everytime you do an exchange of crypto within USA, you will be taxed? true? if so ? thoughts?

worldtraveller
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:05:27 AM

The new legislation specifically forbids treating coin-to-coin trades as "like kind" transactions.
More discussion here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2017/10/30/how-cryptocurrency-investors-can-avert-irs-attack/amp/
Tonestra

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:00:02 PM

Uncle Sam does not want to miss any dollars it can grab. in my opinion, I don't feel the bitcoin community has any issues with paying taxes as along as the relevant government entities provide the enabling environment for bitcoin to thrive.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:40:59 PM

How does it work?

Do you have any article explaining this?

I mean, if the government is taxing operation occurring on traditionnal bank account.. Well it changes nothing. If their will is to tax online operations... I guess that more people are going to invest in VPN. Still, no big deal.

Then, there is the option of tracking operations. If this is the idea, I am curious to know more about how they can do it! Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: