Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:53:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GameCoin (GME) - Current version = v0.8.4.2  (Read 71730 times)
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:46:29 PM

I'm interested in promoting GME.

Is there an official forum for it yet? If not, I can aid in making one

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 10:54:07 PM

gamecoin price is exploding today.
h2odysee

Merit: 119

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 05:26:15 AM

I'm stuck on 47 blocks. I compiled the github sources. I have port 9776 open.

getinfo shows my version at 80200. Half of my peers are on version 0.8.1, and the other half are on 0.8.2.

If I use the addnode list in the OP, I only get clients on 0.8.1.

After a while after starting the daemon, most of the peers drop me, and I'm left with other peers with only 47 blocks also.

Do I need to downgrade to 0.8.1? Anyone have this issue?

http://middlecoin.com - profit-switching, auto-exchanging scrypt pool that pays out in BTC
kookiekrak

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:52:40 AM

I've registered gamecointalk.org

going to start a gamecoin site + forums soon. also offering bounties for building more GME related tech

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
ruecanonrails

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:01:23 AM

I'm stuck on 47 blocks. I compiled the github sources. I have port 9776 open.

getinfo shows my version at 80200. Half of my peers are on version 0.8.1, and the other half are on 0.8.2.

If I use the addnode list in the OP, I only get clients on 0.8.1.

After a while after starting the daemon, most of the peers drop me, and I'm left with other peers with only 47 blocks also.

Do I need to downgrade to 0.8.1? Anyone have this issue?

That's strange, I'm not aware of a version 0.8.2. Perhaps you compiled an older .8.0.2?
The version I'm running which I can confirm is working is v0.8.1.0. A pre-compiled windows version can be downloaded from the google docs linked in the first post. Other platforms available in first post as well. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B49exKIsGBn5Zks1VWRZUzdzSU0/edit

The latest update as far as I know is 0.8.1.0 it will kick peers using an incorrect and previous version due to an old attack which left a visual sync error. If you're running an old blockchain, try deleting the blockchain and let it re-sync fully with only connecting to 0.8.1 peers.

Might be best to try a pre-compiled wallet until a dev can shed light onto a possible error with the github source.

going to start a gamecoin site + forums soon. also offering bounties for building more GME related tech

Very nice, thanks for offering to start a gamecoin community outside of the bitcointalk alt forum. I'll definitely join once it's up and running and try to help out where ever.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 10:59:01 AM

Great job. I'll definitely join you at gamecointalk.org

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Petr1fied (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

I've made some edits on GitHub, one of which is an update to the version number but I didn't intend to get a new client compiled for another week or so. If you've compiled from GitHub v0.8.2 is a valid version although it's as yet untested and that sticking at block 47 sounds like some of my edits have caused some problems and need to be reverted. I'll update GitHub ASAP.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

WOW! 174MH on the network??? thats crazy for a network which was considered dead before? where is all this hash coming from?

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:30:53 AM

Ive just done a comparison of my pool and the rest of the pools and we add up to around 50MH in total atm, so where is the other 125MH coming from? is there that many solo'ers?

ruecanonrails

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:50:48 AM

The network total hash is not 174Mhash.

It's much less than that. What happened, I'm assuming is we had people jump on while it was profitable until the difficulty went up then they abandoned mining. This was done to maximize their profits, or an attempt to attack the coin by getting the difficulty stuck. The current estimated network hash looks too far back to get an accurate representation. I don't think the it's meant to estimate within the 48 block retarget window.

If you look at the next estimated difficulty, it's much lower because we currently aren't solving blocks at a normal rate.

Thankfully the coin retarget is set low allowing for us to easily ride out the high difficulties. In fact as of writing this, right now we are on track to have the difficulty drop back down in just over 3 and half hours with current pool hash. When it does drop the coin will become instantly profitable to mine once again. We will likely see this trend of random difficulty jumps until the overall network is a little bit more stable and people devote time and hash to it.
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 02:08:12 AM

Hello.

I am trying to add GameCoin to P2Pool but I am having an issue connecting to P2P of the client.

I am using the correct version bytes from the GitHub source but it still will not connect.

Is this a known issue?

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
ruecanonrails

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:48:10 AM

The network total hash is not 174Mhash.

It's much less than that. What happened, I'm assuming is we had people jump on while it was profitable until the difficulty went up then they abandoned mining. This was done to maximize their profits, or an attempt to attack the coin by getting the difficulty stuck. The current estimated network hash looks too far back to get an accurate representation. I don't think the it's meant to estimate within the 48 block retarget window.

If you look at the next estimated difficulty, it's much lower because we currently aren't solving blocks at a normal rate.

Thankfully the coin retarget is set low allowing for us to easily ride out the high difficulties. In fact as of writing this, right now we are on track to have the difficulty drop back down in just over 3 and half hours with current pool hash. When it does drop the coin will become instantly profitable to mine once again. We will likely see this trend of random difficulty jumps until the overall network is a little bit more stable and people devote time and hash to it.

I added a 150 mhs last night to it and still have 110 mhs on it. I announced it 10 minutes ahead of time on Cryptsy as to not freak anyone out.

I'm just mining and that's all.

~BCX~

I'm sorry, but you're not "just mining". You appear to be exhibiting very hostile mining habits. You throw your hash rate at a coin with a low difficulty until it retargets causing a massive difficulty increase. At which point you then leave that coin/blockchain and jump to another one. In the process bringing the network to a halt/slow crawl. After hours of others mining and trying to get the coin to recover with a lower difficulty which matches the network hash, you come back and repeat the process.

Despite what you say, I see no evidence of your supposed 110 mhs still on the network.

You are essentially attacking the coin by means of a high difficulty attack.

This is not something that happens accidentally, it is an intentional attack on this and various other coins that you mine with the same method.
Watching the blockchain and the rate which blocks are solved, you can clearly see the start of the difficulty attack by tanking the network, and the damage it inflicts when you leave.

Please prove me wrong on this assumption. Wink
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:13:14 AM

@bitcoin express if what you say is true and I believe you as I should for pointing out the potential flaw in my pool, then its fine. However if U are attacking, you lose all respect plenty of people have for U.

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:43:53 PM

As i said before i trust you atm due to you pointing out that flaw so i dont see a reason to get you to prove your actions. The hashrate shown is already enough proof IMO. So no worries i believe you so far and dont think you'll perform an attack on it

ortchi

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:54:12 PM

I've lost almost all of my user. A user with 50kHash has remained faithful to me Wink

Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 08:58:51 AM

Bump  Smiley

The coin is doing good so far! Come check out http://www.gamecointalk.org!

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Petr1fied (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 01:33:38 AM

GameCoin v0.8.2.1 released:
Fix an issue with the difficulty retarget where it is using only the last 48 blocks to determine where the next difficulty should be. The previous system can lead to difficulty swings of the maximum variance in the event a miner puts a lot of hash power onboard only in the times when the difficulty is low.

As from block 62400 the difficulty algorithm will work out the block time average from the last 12 retarget intervals (576 blocks). This should be the equivalent of 24 hours worth of blocks when the network is running efficiently.

All download links in the first post have been updated with the new client. Please update your client as soon as possible.
ortchi

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:12:55 AM

www.coin-base.net/gamecoin/ UPDATED

barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:27:04 AM

I'm sorry, but you're not "just mining". You appear to be exhibiting very hostile mining habits. You throw your hash rate at a coin with a low difficulty until it retargets causing a massive difficulty increase. At which point you then leave that coin/blockchain and jump to another one. In the process bringing the network to a halt/slow crawl. After hours of others mining and trying to get the coin to recover with a lower difficulty which matches the network hash, you come back and repeat the process.

Despite what you say, I see no evidence of your supposed 110 mhs still on the network.

You are essentially attacking the coin by means of a high difficulty attack.

This is not something that happens accidentally, it is an intentional attack on this and various other coins that you mine with the same method.
Watching the blockchain and the rate which blocks are solved, you can clearly see the start of the difficulty attack by tanking the network, and the damage it inflicts when you leave.

Please prove me wrong on this assumption. Wink

I'm not attacking Gamecoin, if I wanted GME dead it would be dead as I was more than 75% of the networkhashps for about 24 hours and could easily be 90% or better with a few tweaks. All I am doing is mining and switching coins when it becomes more profitable, you know kinda like a few pools and a lot of miners do with alt coins using Coinchoose. I just don't use Coinchoose pool or software.

The reason the drop is drastic when I quit mining is that while I am mining a lot of fair weather miners pull off due to the diff rise and mine elsewhere. So when I leave you get a combined effect.

FYI, I was never going to mine GME to begin with until one of your coin devs starting giving me crap about pointing out a flaw in Ahmed Bodi's pool. A flaw where a miner could mine at twice the normal scrypt speed, produce all rejects and still accumulate paid shares.

I would be very careful about asking me to prove otherwise when I say I am not attacking your coin. If you would like I can absolutely demonstrate the difference between simple mining and killing it so that you won't be confused in the future.

I await your answer.

~BCX~

such a menacing/threatening response is uncalled for, people are well aware of your feats. Some respect you some loathe you, making statements like this has the effect of making the yes become a no. your work has weeded out weak coins and helped people figure out issues let's keep it that way... just my two penises.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:12:23 AM

I see a bright future here, please contact the Steam team, since they have open sourced with Linux, perhaps they can go a bit further by accepting GME as payment and even encourage developers to allow GME generation and use in-game.

Indeed.

And thanks for the client and thread update Petr1fied Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: