Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GameCoin (GME) - Current version = v0.8.4.2  (Read 71729 times)
Petr1fied (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:10:55 AM

An easy 576 coins after an extremely hard 576 coins which took over 3 days. The only reason there is a roller coaster is because nobody cares about mining it at times when the difficulty is higher that it is possible to solo mine it. That being the case why should I waste further time tweaking the difficulty algorithm? It's clear none of you care enough to mine it consistently anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darksoft

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:40:40 AM

An easy 576 coins after an extremely hard 576 coins which took over 3 days. The only reason there is a roller coaster is because nobody cares about mining it at times when the difficulty is higher that it is possible to solo mine it. That being the case why should I waste further time tweaking the difficulty algorithm? It's clear none of you care enough to mine it consistently anyway.

Horseshit. When you have 1.5+ hours between blocks when the hashrate hits a high rate means YOU have no interest in tweaking this to where it should be. Time is money, electricity, etc. I can make money on other coins during the 8-24 hours of 5 fucking blocks of GME because you want to blame us for a shitty block rate. Look outside this coin at other coins that have had this huge hashrate issue. Their difficulty readjusts properly and you don't have hours between blocks. Not sure why you can't see this and frankly, I don't care anymore.
Petr1fied (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:48:52 AM

No, I am just completely fed up of the utter lack of support for the coin. It really doesn't matter how I tweak it, if there is no real miner support it'll make very little difference to the overall result.
orco#2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:39:55 AM

When will the difficulty issue be resolved?

Yikes, just red you post.... Try not to get to caught up in all of teh bs.  just tackle one problem at a time.  Rome was not built in a night Smiley  Things will work out.  It just takes time.  Megacoin dev team just fixed this issue that has arrisen from the multipools.  Maybe you can copy his work?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:09:37 PM

No, I am just completely fed up of the utter lack of support for the coin. It really doesn't matter how I tweak it, if there is no real miner support it'll make very little difference to the overall result.

You need to STOP tweaking immediately.  a new nark fork every other week is murder to a coin's support.
If there is lack of support for the coin, it is not the fault of the people that refuse to support it, you need to give them a reason to.

Right now, GME is looking wavery as all hell because ther is a new mandatory update every couple of weeks.  Every time one of those needs to be released, you're essentially announcing to everyone that the system was flawed before.  It's difficult to gather support for a coin when you're essentially giving the message that it's got all kinds of problems that need to be constantly addressed.

To create support for the coin we need infrast5ructure that accepts this coin.  More effort needs to be put form on that than tweaking the coin, because even a perfect coin is going to have no support if no one will take it as money.

That being said, I'll be opening up a Minecraft server that will accept GME/LTC/ and possibly BTC as payment for server access and in-game resources.  This will eventually include a web-based marketplace where players can offer up their resources for sale.  We may also offer up Minecraft Game Codes for crypto as well if there's interest.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Petr1fied (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:39:26 PM

I'd like nothing more than to not have to keep releasing mandatory updates but I'm afraid I need to release another version to tackle the extreme delayed response caused by using 576 blocks to calculate the average block spacing.

GameCoin v0.8.4.1 has now been released and will cut the number of blocks used to calculate the average spacing from 576 down to 48 as from block 69000. This will be the absolute final change to the difficulty algorithm, I have no intention of releasing any further hard forks after this.

The new client download links are available in the first post, please update as soon as possible.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:18:01 PM

You need to STOP tweaking immediately.  a new nark fork every other week is murder to a coin's support.
If there is lack of support for the coin, it is not the fault of the people that refuse to support it, you need to give them a reason to.

Right now, GME is looking wavery as all hell because ther is a new mandatory update every couple of weeks.  Every time one of those needs to be released, you're essentially announcing to everyone that the system was flawed before.  It's difficult to gather support for a coin when you're essentially giving the message that it's got all kinds of problems that need to be constantly addressed.

To create support for the coin we need infrast5ructure that accepts this coin.  More effort needs to be put form on that than tweaking the coin, because even a perfect coin is going to have no support if no one will take it as money.

That being said, I'll be opening up a Minecraft server that will accept GME/LTC/ and possibly BTC as payment for server access and in-game resources.  This will eventually include a web-based marketplace where players can offer up their resources for sale.  We may also offer up Minecraft Game Codes for crypto as well if there's interest.

Code:
-    return GetNetworkHashPS(params.size() > 0 ? params[0].get_int() : 576);
+    return GetNetworkHashPS(params.size() > 0 ? params[0].get_int() : 48);

It's a worthwhile change, if it had been done earlier you wouldn't have had the other mandatory updates. Better late than never.

orco#2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:00:07 PM

Jay89 is totally wrong.   His post is shortsighted and best ignored.

Fix the issues and then support will grow on a firm foundation. 

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
erk

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:08:32 PM

Code:
-    return GetNetworkHashPS(params.size() > 0 ? params[0].get_int() : 576);
+    return GetNetworkHashPS(params.size() > 0 ? params[0].get_int() : 48);

It's a worthwhile change, if it had been done earlier you wouldn't have had the other mandatory updates. Better late than never.

Amazing, it's not like I didn't predict this would happen or anything.

~BCX~
That's not the actual diff calc code, just the approximation for stats, but you obviously get the point, by only going back something like 48 blocks instead of 576 it makes the 12 block re-targets far more relevant than 576 block history, which could be several hours or days old depending on how the hash rate is. My gut feeling is that 48 block history is about right for GME, because the base hash rate is virtually unknown, it becomes more of an art than a science. As the coin matures and finds a core of miners some fine tuning can be done later.

Miner-TE

Activity: 499

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:52:27 PM

I'd like nothing more than to not have to keep releasing mandatory updates but I'm afraid I need to release another version to tackle the extreme delayed response caused by using 576 blocks to calculate the average block spacing.

GameCoin v0.8.4.1 has now been released and will cut the number of blocks used to calculate the average spacing from 576 down to 48 as from block 69000. This will be the absolute final change to the difficulty algorithm, I have no intention of releasing any further hard forks after this.

The new client download links are available in the first post, please update as soon as possible.

My node has been updated.

BTC - 1PeMMYGn7xbZjUYeaWe9ct1VV6szLS1vkD - LTC - LbtcJRJJQQBjZuHr6Wm7vtB9RnnWtRNYpq
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:54:31 PM

updating mine now

Petr1fied (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:21:45 AM

Jay89 is totally wrong.   His post is shortsighted and best ignored.

jayo89 along with myself was one of the architects of the tentative GameCoin relaunch and he is correct, these constant hard forks are damaging Gamecoin as a whole. That is why this will the absolute last change to the difficulty algorithm, there will be no further tweaks to it by myself.

The only further client releases I intend to do are for basic things like checkpoint updates or possibly cosmetic changes to the wallet. Nothing else.
ortchi

Activity: 161

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:01:31 AM

http://coin-base.net/game/ updated

ortchi

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:43:50 AM

http://coin-base.net/game/ The link is correct and work.

Petr1fied (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

The latest spike on coinchoose has now brought us within 90 blocks of block 69000 so the window for you guys to update your clients is fast closing. All 4 pools, tyrion's block explorer and cryptsy have signalled that they have updated their client so if you have not already done so then you should update your client as a matter of priority.
elrapido80

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:26:43 PM

Hello,

I'd like to get in touch with the person who bet on the < 56000 option at altcoingambling.com/16BitBet/GME with the following transactionID:

c208225884ca83dda3196d9dc4bcb93b600860eb820e6e0bdb556b14bfea58dd

My system had trouble calculating the address to send your winnings to and I would like to get more information. My system appears to be able to take care of the situation where the input for the bet came from a mined block, but in this case that exception appeared to have two inputs, which I did not expect. I returned your winnings to the second address of the input.

Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:07:18 PM

Updated

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
ortchi

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 12:17:11 PM

(Current: 69003)

Let's see what the new version brings.

http://coin-base.net/game/

erk

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 08:41:06 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 09:43:42 PM by erk

I have been watching the new diff corrections on the block explorer for the last half an hour, it's looking good, Coinchoose had GME as #1 profitability against LTC a little while ago and it didn't get smashed into high diff lock like before, it did a small adjustment and fell back to #2 which took the heat off. Then it hit #1 again and went to about 50GH/s this time, so it will still overshoot a bit, I expect up to about 1.5 and then down to just below 1.0. Should be not too painful, of course with a higher base of miners that would improve things too. Hopefully they will come when they see that the coin doesn't high diff lock as much anymore.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:33:48 PM

GMEPool, gme.crypto-expert.com 0 Fees, PPS and 100GME Block Bonus

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: