Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubleshooting a Broken Avalon  (Read 2355 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:41:44 PM

I have an Avalon Batch 2 that has been mining without issue for the past 3 weeks or so.

All of a sudden today it crashed and stopped working and I can't figure out whats wrong with it.

I turn it on and the lights go on and the fans spin up momentarily and then it just sits there. There is a solid blue light by the ethernet jack. And a green and orange light in the front. It's hard for me to tell those colors though, since I'm colorblind. I could be wrong.

I can't connect to the miner on the IP address I set up for it nor at the 192.168.0.101 address it came with by default. If it's listening on another address, I can't tell. If definitely isn't mining either. The fans aren't running and it isn't connecting to the mining pool.

What can I do? Is there a way to reflash it if I can't connect to it's web interface? What about buying a new TP-LINK WR703N for it?

Oh, I already tried replacing the power supply with a Corsair GS800. Still the same thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:26:13 AM

it didn't come with 192.168.0.101.  

it came with 192.168.0.100.

not sure that that helps.

if it doesn't help then try resetting the router.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:37:34 AM

Hard Reset turn off the Avalon, unplug the power cable and then turn on the power while it is unplug wait like 1min if that does not work try again but do it for 30mins

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:46:00 AM

OK, the problem actually had nothing to do with the Avalon at all.

For those of you who are curious, here is what happened.

Apparently, the people I sublet from had installed a new cable modem today. When they reset everything to set it up, they somehow deleted the wireless configuration on their wireless router.

Not a big deal, they simply set it up again with the same network name and password.

But for some reason, every device I used asked for the password again even though it had it stored. I hardly noticed.

Now the problem was my Avalon was plugged into a wireless bridge which was set up to automatically connect to that wireless network. It wasn't able to and had to be set up again. Now the only other things on that network was a backup drive and a PS3, neither that I noticed wasn't working.

So the good news is the avalon is working again. The bad news is I now have a spare power supply.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 07:00:55 AM

FYI:

Remember, the Avalon is itself a router.  If you're trying to trouble shoot you can plug your computer directly into the Avalon using an Ethernet cable and connect to 192.168.0.100 or whatever IP you configured it to use.

(By directly connect - I mean you take an Ethernet cable, plug one end into your PC and the other end into the Avalon)

Also, the Avalon has it's own internal wifi, you don't need a separate bridge

waterboi92

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:52:01 AM

is it possible to connect to the avalon using browser and the ip address that i configured it to without directly connecting an ethernet cable from the avalon unit to my computer?
or is the only way to access the avalon unit is by direct ethernet connection?

edit: i meant to ask if i could access the avalon unit if the avalon unit and my laptop are on the same wifi network, or would i be required to use a direct ethernet cable connection each time i want to configure the avalon unit.

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 02:48:33 PM

is it possible to connect to the avalon using browser and the ip address that i configured it to without directly connecting an ethernet cable from the avalon unit to my computer?
or is the only way to access the avalon unit is by direct ethernet connection?

edit: i meant to ask if i could access the avalon unit if the avalon unit and my laptop are on the same wifi network, or would i be required to use a direct ethernet cable connection each time i want to configure the avalon unit.

Yes you can configure it without physically connecting to it, if it's online and hashing properly, or if you need to do something like change pools.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: