Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Women lead to trouble :S  (Read 1595 times)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:11:58 PM

Actually, I kind of do live in such a country. An assailant/thief could be robbing my house or endangering me, but if I shot him and killed him in self-defense, I will go to jail, even if it's a year or two.

In the US you can shoot someone in self-defense (after being beaten mercilessly) and almost go to jail and have people protesting and rioting because you were not prosecuted (Zimmerman case.)  We are not too far off from not being allowed to kill anyone I guess.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:10:25 PM

Yup - the only way Americans seem to actually be able to communicate at all.

Yes, it's very sad.

Killing someone should be the absolute and last resort. Far too often, killing is done without a good reason. And killing is a non-reversible solution, and nothing to celebrate or aim for.

Having a weapon surely could be a good measure in terms of self defense, but regular exercise, and building some muscles will make you have better self esteem, and make you an overall stronger person, both in mind and body, so for the health benefits, it's advisable to exercise with weights.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:44:50 PM

If you live in a country which has criminally deprived you of the human right of self defense ... well I am sorry.

Guns make very stupid pathetic little people disproportionately powerful and dangerous. I prefer a fistfight over a gun fight any day of the week and I'm not particularly large (a big disadvantage in fist fights).

I'm not saying that it should be banned btw (that is against my morals) I'm just not particularly thrilled with their existence. In my country far less than 1% of the population owns a gun.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:37:19 PM

SPSS Statistics
What's your source data
http://www.statisticssolutions.com/academic-solutions/resources/directory-of-statistical-analyses/the-multiple-linear-regression-analysis-in-spss/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Amaze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:27:31 PM

dogs that bark do not bite. From his reaction i think he is more afraid from you as you are from him

This is true. They're empty threats. But I'd take a screenshot of the message for "future reference".
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:05:02 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 03:18:06 AM by dree12

First, cool down. You're fessing over what's really a non-issue. Most death threats are unfounded. Let him have some time to cool down, and then maybe you can work it out.

Second, report it to the police. Death threats are often serious crimes, and the police will deal with it. You're better off just ignoring things after that.

Third, don't just ignore the posts about getting more exercise. If you can, do. A more well-toned body has many benefits: higher metabolism, lower heart rates, and some studies even show that muscle mass correlates with happiness. Don't body-build to fight people, but do body-build to improve your health.

And fourth, get a girlfriend. Too many people nowadays wait too long before they do so. Humans are happier when paired with other humans; this has been the case since we evolved. Careers shouldn't take precedence over family. Having a girlfriend also has the benefit of dispelling suspicion in other men.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:12:58 AM

Really dree12?  A discussion?  Do you see the quote I responded to?  For fuck sake.  Nothing was being discussed when someone advises me to "stay happy, locked and loaded".   I mean the irony is you actually (indirectly) quoted it.  

Anyways to the OP sorry for derailing your thread.  I will delete all the posts.  The original one was intended as a piece of advice take it or leave it but obviously (not by the OP but others) that is simply verboten because it involves the private ownership of firearms (something which I guess only the state should have the right to).
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:49:08 PM

First, cool down. You're fessing over what's really a non-issue. Most death threats are unfounded. Let him have some time to cool down, and then maybe you can work it out.

Second, report it to the police. Death threats are often serious crimes, and the police will deal with it. You're better off just ignoring things after that.

Third, don't just ignore the posts about getting more exercise. If you can, do. A more well-toned body has many benefits: higher metabolism, lower heart rates, and some studies even show that muscle mass correlates with happiness. Don't body-build to fight people, but do body-build to improve your health.

And fourth, get a girlfriend. Too many people nowadays wait too long before they do so. Humans are happier when paired with other humans; this has been the case since we evolved. Careers shouldn't take precedence over family. Having a girlfriend also has the benefit of dispelling suspicion in other men.

Training + girlfriend.

+1000 !!!

I would also like to add that, you don't have to 'bodybuild', but just focus on compound lifts (deadlift, squats, bench press, rows, chins, dips), eat well, and do some cardio - walks, jogging etc. It's a great lifestyle! You will feel better about yourself, you will become a mountain of a man!
Amaze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:17:32 PM

This is awesome advice! +100000000!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: