Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - are you serious  (Read 90 times)
russelluk (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:39:57 AM

Just when you think things cant get any worse with these exchanges they always do. I am trying to withdraw money to my Bank account and so Coinbase want me to verify the Bank account. I do what they say and send a small amount of funds to them and they receive them and acknowledge this with an email. However when you go to withdraw your funds it just says you need to verify your account again. You cant even raise a support ticket because they give you this message.

Notice: Our support team is currently under heavy load. For the fastest resolution to all issues, please search our Support Center prior to submitting a request.

Our team is prioritizing only trust and safety, account lockout, and delayed payment issues. Specifically:

Account compromises
Account lockouts (password resets, 2-factor authentication, device verification, lost access to email address)
Delayed payments or orders

We are unable to prioritize other issue types at this time.

Please submit only one ticket for your issue. Creating multiple submissions for the same issue will result in an additional delay.

To assist us in resolving your issue as quickly as possible, please provide specific information such as digital currency addresses, payment codes, or the exact error message displayed.

Come on Coinbase - you must allow people to withdraw their money and not make it impossible to contact you!! WHAT IS GOING ON. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ON TAKING MONEY FROM NEW CUSTOMERS YOU MUST ALLOW EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO WITHDRAW THERE FUNDS!!
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

Come on Coinbase - you must allow people to withdraw their money and not make it impossible to contact you!! WHAT IS GOING ON. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ON TAKING MONEY FROM NEW CUSTOMERS YOU MUST ALLOW EXISTING CUSTOMERS TO WITHDRAW THERE FUNDS!!
Spend last days trying to signup/register on several new trade sites.
Most of them choking on that. Each feature their own defence strategies against new customers.
Some are hiding behind support replys for weeks now.

Looks like Mt.Gox again.

russelluk (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:25:46 PM

The point with Coinbase is that they have a responsibility to me to allow me to withdraw my funds without any delays. Using excuses about the build up of new customers is totally unacceptable. Seriously it is like turning up for your flight from LA to NY for example and the airline saying, "I am sorry but you cannot fly today because all our staff are busy selling tickets for next year. Once we have sold another million tickets we will get back to you and see if we can get you on a flight"

Sorry Coinbase this is not good enough!!!!! - Again anyone from Coinbase want to address this?HuhHuh
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:27:17 PM

bittrex has been the same way since november.
I can't even get a password reset on their support site.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
russelluk (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:44:41 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think what the exchanges are doing is absolutely wrong and will only increase the chances of regulators getting involved.

We are all aware of the tedious sign up procedures with the exchanges and I have no problem with that as. We should all be transparent about who we are as I respect the fact that they have AML and KYC requirements. OK I get all that. I have been with many exchanges including Coinbase for nearly 2 years. They have every single piece of ID from me that you could possibly imagine including what I eat for breakfast everyday. So why when you have all of this do you delay in getting my funds out because of some ridiculous requirement to verify an account I want my money paid to. By the way I have already verified this with Coinbase which they have acknowledged. The account is in my name with a reputable bank so what the hell are you verifying? You know who I am and you always have. So why am I waiting and getting a continuous loop telling me to verify an account but you cannot contact us at Coinbase because we are only dealing with more serious support tickets. What is more serious than holding onto a customers money??  How are mainstream investors going to have faith in exchanges like this?

Anyway this may sound like a rant but when I go into my bank to withdraw 50 bucks I dont get told you have to come back in 2 weeks because we are actually taking on a lot of new customers for new housing loans so that is more important that you right now.

Coinbase - please address this! I am not against you - I am stressed because I just want you to behave like any other reputable financial institution.
russelluk (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:57:25 PM

Yes it is crazy. They shut off the support tickets for issues regarding withdrawals and we are supposed to just sit there and wait. AM I STUPID OR IS THIS SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT GETTING. YOU CANNOT USE THE EXCUSE THAT YOU ARE BUSY WITH NEW BUSINESS TO IGNORE CURRENT ISSUES WITH CUSTOMERS.

Sorry for the caps but why is there not more annoyance of this?HuhHuh
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:33:26 PM

Yes it is crazy. They shut off the support tickets for issues regarding withdrawals and we are supposed to just sit there and wait. AM I STUPID OR IS THIS SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT GETTING. YOU CANNOT USE THE EXCUSE THAT YOU ARE BUSY WITH NEW BUSINESS TO IGNORE CURRENT ISSUES WITH CUSTOMERS.
I hear you. It's beyond insane how they play around with their customers so lightly while thousands of them are having open tickets desperately in need to be settled, which is totally unacceptable for a business as Coinbase.

It's like they just abuse the recent crypto boom to cover their own shortcomings. Coinbase CEO in a recent interview has said to hire more people to increase their staff capabilities, which should speed things up.

I am however not sure how long it will last because this industry keeps getting flooded with new users. On the other hand, Bittrex users have in some cases been waiting for weeks straight without answers, so it's a wide spread problem.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: