Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't believe the HYPE! BTC trans. confirmed in 22 minutes, BCH took 3 HOURS!!!  (Read 486 times)
SirWilliam (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:32:51 PM

So I decided to do a little test yesterday and send  a BTC transaction and a BCH transaction at the same time.

Just to make it interesting and give BCH an unfair advantage I decided to set the BTC fee at half the reccomended amount, at around 500 sat/byte. The estimated time for confirmation was 25 BLOCKS or more than 14 hours.

Guess how long the low-fee BTC transaction took???

ONLY 22 MINUTES!!!  Grin

Which means that the high fees listed and the unconfirmed transactions (made up of spam from the tiny cabal of Chinese BCH backers) is PURE FUD!

Bitcoin still does fast and cheap transactions and works like a charm.

So then I was waiting for the BCH transaction I sent, WITH THE FULL RECCOMENDED FEE...

I was waiting....

and waiting....

and waiting......

and waiting.......

ahahaha I almost gave up but it eventually got there.

AFTER 3 LONG HOURS!

What a joke. Cheap, instant transactions? HA!

BCH has a tiny, crappy network and a hacked virus-filled "Electron" client that will send your BTC address directly to you-know-who if you don't empty it first.

Oh well. At least we can all dump this Chinese knockoff BCH and get a nice free profit from those suckers trying to pump it up.

Yet another alt-coin fail, bye bye BCH(inese).

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:47:37 PM

Well thank God I took the extra precautions as recommended and emptied my wallet out. Sold my BCH at 0.21btc. happy with that.
500 Satoshi/byte is still very expensive but you have proved it is getting better and that BCH is not the answer. I honestly don't know what is gong to be done about these huge transfer fees problem.

1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:51:10 PM

Well thank God I took the extra precautions as recommended and emptied my wallet out. Sold my BCH at 0.21btc. happy with that.
500 Satoshi/byte is still very expensive but you have proved it is getting better and that BCH is not the answer. I honestly don't know what is gong to be done about these huge transfer fees problem.

.21btc is way better than .05btc that bch was at for months

Not bad for FREE coin

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:57:21 PM

So I decided to do a little test yesterday and send  a BTC transaction and a BCH transaction at the same time.

Just to make it interesting and give BCH an unfair advantage I decided to set the BTC fee at half the reccomended amount, at around 500 sat/byte. The estimated time for confirmation was 25 BLOCKS or more than 14 hours.

Guess how long the low-fee BTC transaction took???

ONLY 22 MINUTES!!!  Grin

Which means that the high fees listed and the unconfirmed transactions (made up of spam from the tiny cabal of Chinese BCH backers) is PURE FUD!

Bitcoin still does fast and cheap transactions and works like a charm.

So then I was waiting for the BCH transaction I sent, WITH THE FULL RECCOMENDED FEE...

I was waiting....

and waiting....

and waiting......

and waiting.......

ahahaha I almost gave up but it eventually got there.

AFTER 3 LONG HOURS!

What a joke. Cheap, instant transactions? HA!

BCH has a tiny, crappy network and a hacked virus-filled "Electron" client that will send your BTC address directly to you-know-who if you don't empty it first.

Oh well. At least we can all dump this Chinese knockoff BCH and get a nice free profit from those suckers trying to pump it up.

Yet another alt-coin fail, bye bye BCH(inese).

How much of a fee did you put with each of the currencies? I know that more recently, bitcoin was having a lot of slowdowns in terms of transactions and whatnot. The average confirmation time became pretty bad, meaning the fees to put in for a confirmed transaction also increased. There's tons of proof of this in the services section with all of the transaction acceleration threads blowing up. Could you put the tx id here or something?

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:11:15 PM

Maybe yours is a miracle am still waiting for my transaction to confirm and its been more than 20 hours as of this very moment. The developers need to remedy the situation before investors starts to lose interest because of the high fees and long waiting periods.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:20:14 PM

Maybe yours is a miracle am still waiting for my transaction to confirm and its been more than 20 hours as of this very moment.
If you have to wait that long, your common sense should get triggered to a point you start to realize that your fee simply said, isn't sufficient enough. Currently it's like an auction where people try to outbid each other to get their transaction included in the first few blocks. If you're not willing to participate in this auction, your transactions will be ignored for plenty of hours.

The developers need to remedy the situation before investors starts to lose interest because of the high fees and long waiting periods.
Segwit was meant to be an update allowing Bitcoin to buy time in the runup to the rollout of Lightning Network, and at the same time take care of the transaction malleability. The economical majority not being willing to utilize Segwit isn't the fault of the developers. Instead of blaming the developers, blame the services in this market.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:15:22 PM

Twenty-two (22) minutes for a bitcoin transaction? How much fee did you use and from what exchange? As of the moment, I am still waiting for my bitcoin transaction to be confirmed. Take note, it has already been almost 2 days. If the block is not congested, then it might mean my transaction is the least of priority because of its low transaction fee.

949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:55:19 PM

But this is what is reall happening, bitcoin cash is CRAP, it is very hyped by the guys who want to kill bitcoin, that is the pure reality.

Everyone who tried bitcoin cash knows that this is crap, i have tested it only for curiousity, nothing more than this, and it is crap, it is useless and it is obvious that it has been created only for a money-grabbing scheme.

Dont be fool guys, use bitcoin and put a low fee, it is going to get through easily.

but are you sure that 500sat is enough?

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:17:05 PM

But this is what is reall happening, bitcoin cash is CRAP, it is very hyped by the guys who want to kill bitcoin, that is the pure reality.

Everyone who tried bitcoin cash knows that this is crap, i have tested it only for curiousity, nothing more than this, and it is crap, it is useless and it is obvious that it has been created only for a money-grabbing scheme.

Dont be fool guys, use bitcoin and put a low fee, it is going to get through easily.

And that's for a coin that has no use and isn't being scammed by miners and Vermin and his buddies.
Millibilli

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

Check this out

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/d15805931bfcee8068c3f7831209b632ba6622a103fdef48afcf3f9542db8f8b
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:43:55 PM

Because now all of them want to invest in BCH
Jaron80

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

Just did a small BTC transfer took only 15 minutes not too bad.
vltnqefi

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:04:21 PM

And that's for a coin that has no use and isn't being scammed by miners and Vermin and his buddies.
Miners do not need to consider whether BCH has the orthodox inheritance of BTC descent. Miners only need to consider the profit on it.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

Post Transaction IDs , so we can verify that you are not LYING!!

Yes i second that too.

Trouble is many of the slot machine bandits here see BTC as a religions or as being some type of football team
and will do anything to support the team and pretend they know everything but soon shut up when the conversation
get technical.

I sent myself some ETH as a test and it arrived in seconds as any digital currency should or else the shop
keeper would not let you leave the store with any goods but i still maintain that any currency that is based
on the block-chain (Mega big file, does not scale) will soon be thrown in the bin where it belongs and that
includes ETH and 90% of all the forks and clones

IOTA might be my next move but i needed to do lots more to understand whats under the bonnet
but I don't think it will compete too well because it can only manage 100 tps so is nothing to write home
about.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

All good, with the exception of the fact that the "recommended fee" for BCH is less than 1/1000th of that of BTC. So even if it takes 3 hours to get confirmations, I am going to be happy about it. And this one seems to be an outlier. My BCH transactions usually gets confirmed within 20-30 minutes.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:30:41 PM

Those are lies, the wallets are putting that fee but it is a non-sense fee, no one who has a little bit of inteligence on his brain would pay that insane fee. The actual fee is 540 satoshis per byte, but the recommended one is 1200 satoshis per byte.

All good, with the exception of the fact that the "recommended fee" for BCH is less than 1/1000th of that of BTC.

I need at least one confirmation, everytime that you buy something the seller is going to ask you for only one confirmation.

So even if it takes 3 hours to get confirmations, I am going to be happy about it. And this one seems to be an outlier. My BCH transactions usually gets confirmed within 20-30 minutes.

Bitcoin cash is almost the same, it is not instant just like Roger is saying, they might be cheap, but they are not instant.

Hello
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:31:07 PM

22 minutes only? I send 250sat/bytes and it took 3 days to confirmed.
maybe because theres a lot of unconfirmed transaction that day.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:58:42 PM

22 minutes only? I send 250sat/bytes and it took 3 days to confirmed.
maybe because theres a lot of unconfirmed transaction that day.

Well, there is good news for everyone. The number of unconfirmed transactions have dropped to around 186,000 now. It is still high, but the overall trend is very encouraging.
carlospaz234

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:01:29 PM

I think it's a good contribution and a great test, so we learn trial and error.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

Please call it by it's correct name, bcash.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: