Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GDAX alternative?  (Read 197 times)
mapar (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:36:02 PM

I am wondering if you can suggest any good alternatives for gdax?
The main issue I have with gdax is that it only accepts wire transfer for your USD/EUR wallet and every time you send money it takes almost a week to be added to your account.

So I am searching for some good/trustable alternative for gdax/coinbase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:12:29 PM

The main issue I have with gdax is that it only accepts wire transfer for your USD/EUR wallet and every time you send money it takes almost a week to be added to your account.

Are you fully aware of Coinbase (the wallet service attached to the GDAX platform)? Coinbase doesnt take nearly this long to fund with fiat, given the level of verification that you get to. You can move funds from Coinbase to GDAX for free, instantly. Check it out!

Kraken should be your next choice. stable platform, way more stable than GDAX imo (but you wont get the peak pricing that GDAX provides). Lastly is LocalBitcoins. People dont talk about them as much anymore, but it is by far the easiest way to purchase larger amounts of bitcoin (pay attention to reputation!)

there is CEX, but they are a bit slow at the moment, and might cost you some opportunity,
bit247

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

bitcoin.org

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:54:35 PM

did you ever tried gemini ?

BTCitcoin: 35DtMsEK1g1xVMKh4V7beAyguiU9qcHwtF  || ETH: Hacked Sad
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:05:38 PM

Kraken was one of the bst exchanger for me, but it's working in degraded mode for months, many errors, on the peaks it's impossible to login, even harder to make a transaction.
They promised to upgrade their infrastructure the first 2 weeks of December but as now, nothing changed.
Hopefully they'll do it before the end of the year, but for now i wouldn't hold my breath on that.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:07:04 PM

i'd go for gemini. you don't have to be a US resident to register but the list of other countries available is limited - https://gemini.com/areas-of-operation/

it also depends on what type of trading you want to do. there will be ultra fast p2p alternatives depending on where you are. bitcoin.de is super fast but it might wind up costing more.

also although kraken is still awful their big upgrade should be arriving soon if it hasn't already. keep an eye out on kraken threads. it might get a lot better soon.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:10:29 PM

You haven't explained what you need from this alternative. You mentioned that you're frustration is that GDAX only accepts wire transfer for USD/EUR wallet.

First, that's not true. Coinbase accepts credit card payment to buy crytpocurrency.

Is the format for funding the account your problem? Or is it the currency that's accepted?

Which funding format do you require? Which fiat currency are you using to fund your buys? Give us this information and we can help you.
mapar (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:08:48 AM

Are you fully aware of Coinbase (the wallet service attached to the GDAX platform)? Coinbase doesnt take nearly this long to fund with fiat, given the level of verification that you get to. You can move funds from Coinbase to GDAX for free, instantly. Check it out!

Kraken should be your next choice. stable platform, way more stable than GDAX imo (but you wont get the peak pricing that GDAX provides). Lastly is LocalBitcoins. People dont talk about them as much anymore, but it is by far the easiest way to purchase larger amounts of bitcoin (pay attention to reputation!)

there is CEX, but they are a bit slow at the moment, and might cost you some opportunity,

Thanks for your answer.
Actually I have used coinbase before multiple times for buying BTC and LTC, but the fees are so high there. I will search about the other alternatives you proposed Smiley
mapar (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:14:01 AM

You haven't explained what you need from this alternative. You mentioned that you're frustration is that GDAX only accepts wire transfer for USD/EUR wallet.

First, that's not true. Coinbase accepts credit card payment to buy crytpocurrency.

Is the format for funding the account your problem? Or is it the currency that's accepted?

Which funding format do you require? Which fiat currency are you using to fund your buys? Give us this information and we can help you.

If you want to invest in your EUR wallet, gdax (and coinbase) only accepts wire transfer. BUT if you want to buy directly from Coinbase, you will be able to use debit/credit card as well.

So what I am searching for is a website to buy BTC or LTC with below conditions:
1. Lower administration/exchange fees in comparison to Coinbase.
2. Possibility of using Visa Card.

I am using EUR to fund my account.
mapar (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:18:27 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 12:16:02 PM by mapar

did you ever tried gemini ?

Gemini does not operate in Europe (except for UK).
But thanks anyways Smiley
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:36:25 AM

Gemini or Kraken
Victoria Johnson

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:23:09 AM

Top GDAX Alternatives includes CEX.IO, Bitfinex, BitPanda, Bit2Me and others Bitcoin Exchange Markets

While this platform is a good trading platform for various cryptocurrencies, the software itself can be considered basic. There are no advanced features for the traders to take advantage of the market, so that the users are stuck with the basic features of the software. The maker’s fee is free, but the taker fee is quite high, especially if you exchange low volumes of cryptocurrencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: