Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unconfirmed transactions between 20k to 30k for more than a week  (Read 170 times)
vitalik9494 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

The number of unconfirmed transaction is really high in recent weeks

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

tx fees is floating between 0.006 to 0.009

thats like > $100 usd per transaction. My transaction with 0.001 btc fee is stuck in unconfirmed state forever. is bitcoin still usable as a currency??

danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:52:30 PM

Because usually the miner will put his bigger fee first. Why is the fee now bigger? As more and more people are attracted and jumped into the world of blockchain resulting in busy blockchain traffic, so it is important that the cost is a little more costly for faster processing.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:04:51 PM

thats like > $100 usd per transaction. My transaction with 0.001 btc fee is stuck in unconfirmed state forever. is bitcoin still usable as a currency??

As the spam attack on the network has stopped, the mempool has been clearing a lot of tx in the last 24h.
Yesterday it was around 288k unconfirmed tx. Today I woke up to 235k unconfirmed tx, at this rate, the mempool should be clear in the next 4-5 days. Hopefully, we won't see any more shitposts from people complaining about this issue, I mean, everyone knows there's an issue and fees are high, but there's no need to make 50 threads every single day about the same thing.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:09:00 PM

As the spam attack on the network has stopped, the mempool has been clearing a lot of tx in the last 24h.
Yesterday it was around 288k unconfirmed tx. Today I woke up to 235k unconfirmed tx, at this rate, the mempool should be clear in the next 4-5 days. Hopefully, we won't see any more shitposts from people complaining about this issue, I mean, everyone knows there's an issue and fees are high, but there's no need to make 50 threads every single day about the same thing.

Stating the obvious but these are brand new FUD accounts by bcash sock puppets.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:09:44 PM

that is called a fee war.

since the block space is limited, it is bound to happen sooner or later in any cryptocurrency that is designed with a limited block space. it doesn't matter how much that limit is, as long as it is a limited number the blocks can only include a limited number of transactions. it can be 2000, 10,000 or anything but it will be reached at some point and the fee war begins when people battle over that limited space in the blocks.

There is a FOMO brewing...
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 04:11:20 PM

I posted a txn with a couple of pennies fee a few weeks ago.  Probably never going to go through.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:16:45 PM

Because usually the miner will put his bigger fee first. Why is the fee now bigger? As more and more people are attracted and jumped into the world of blockchain resulting in busy blockchain traffic, so it is important that the cost is a little more costly for faster processing.

Sounds like a nice story but would you like to listen to my version ?

Well 90% of all miners belong to ten mega big groups and they all refuse to process transactions unless
the transaction fee amount is sky high and if a miner outside this group decides to offer a service at
a normal rate (<$0.10) then this 90% monopoly rejects the changes so it never gets put in the block-chain.

Cast your mind back to the release of BTG and the DDOS and ask yourself who was behind the attack if you
believe we are not dealing with anything other than a Mafia organisation who have seized control.

The active input to the network from the market is only 14kbs and is not making all these servers break out
into a sweat but counting silly things like grains of sand in a cup to see which computer can guess the number first
in a cyber arms race does tend to warm up the old CPU and the plant too.  

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:38:04 PM

that is called a fee war.

since the block space is limited, it is bound to happen sooner or later in any cryptocurrency that is designed with a limited block space. it doesn't matter how much that limit is, as long as it is a limited number the blocks can only include a limited number of transactions. it can be 2000, 10,000 or anything but it will be reached at some point and the fee war begins when people battle over that limited space in the blocks.

Yes ye old block size via the block write speed argument but this is linear and you have to take into account orphans too
but much more trouble is coming our way and it's lographic because already the ledger comes in at 200gb but to process
a wallet to stop double spends you have to first go back down the chain and trace the history of each coin part making up
an amount back to the creation of the parent coin s in the end the processing will more or less grind to a Holt as the history
becomes longer and longer.

7 Transaction per second is BTC speed limit and this satosi is not seen as the second coming of jesus in my book
and if you look around then already new systems exist like IOTA using Tangle which seems much better at first glance and VISA-card
has to handle more than BTC does just in the little town where I live not that i am really comparing apples with apples here.       

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
mafostedu

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:45:45 PM

They are recovering right now, just look at the unconfirmed transactions that are on the blockchain, it is between 210k - 230k at the moment, much less than before, because it touched 290k on unconfirmed transactions at yesterday's night.
It will get back to the normality sooner or later.
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:33:46 PM

It a bit uncomfortable with me with this so many delay of transactions.My transaction stayed you to two weeks before it was confirmed this very crazy and is annoying   
vitalik9494 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:54:05 PM

if you go to transaction accelerator like pusttx, they charges 350 usd to accelerate a simple transaction. viabtc charges 0.01 which equates to 160 usd. I am not aware of any other legitimate accelerator.

this is totally unusable for the layman. i hope the bitcoin core team takes this seriously. It means bitcoin can only be used by the elites.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:59:40 PM

But who is going to use pushtx for accelerating a single transaction? I would never use it only to move tiny amounts of money.

I would only use it if i have a transaction stucked worth of more than $20k or so, otherwise i would never pay $350 or not even $100.

Bitcoin.com is doing the same, i wanted to accelerate a transaction of $80 and they were charging me $89 for accelerating it, what an hypotetical situation right? haha, it made my whole day.

Dont use those accelerators, and the ones who are on this forum asking for tips, they all are FAKE, do not even think about using them because they all are the same lie and they are only in there to eat your money.

if you go to transaction accelerator like pusttx, they charges 350 usd to accelerate a simple transaction. viabtc charges 0.01 which equates to 160 usd. I am not aware of any other legitimate accelerator.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

People are pissed off yet you say they shouldn't bitch and complain and create new threads.

They have a RIGHT to complain. Bitcoin has been solicited as the ultimate Currency for years and now it's failing the very same users that have and will support it yet you say stop bitching.

Are you a fucking clown? Let them Bitch they have Earned that right STFU!
vitalik9494 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:14:32 PM

viabtc never replies to emails. their accelerator never works. I seriously think bitcoin core should do something, like increasing the blocksize as a quick and proven solution. 2018 is going to be a lot worst. Don't they know the scale of the problem?
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:18:31 PM

I seriously think bitcoin core should do something, like increasing the blocksize as a quick and proven solution. 2018 is going to be a lot worst. Don't they know the scale of the problem?

The Developers along with the Mining pool owners and Exchange owners are making Bank on this shit while the average users are paying the price. Greed corrupts everything.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:25:52 PM

very useable as a transaction tool, and will forever. we see today's condition, that bitcoin is experiencing setbacks, systems, transactions, and services.
and I see it will finish after the end of the year. today I suggest not to make a transaction. be patient until the year 2018 januari.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: