Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lite coin mining-is it worth it in my situation? (also a pool based on this?)  (Read 1184 times)
JeremyB796 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:54:00 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 05:14:09 AM by JeremyB796

Hello, I am well...obviously new to lite/bit coin mining. (note, I am 17, I am setting this up for my mother and will be managing the mining and wallets  Undecided I have already setup some of this stuff on my own. --I will talk as if I was the one paying bills and in first person to make this shorter and simpler.)
---Please read carefully as I am very bad with forums and a bunch of info is hidden in the first part...sorry about my foolishness.

Now, I have 3 (well actually 5 computers, 2 out of commission) computers.

2 computers have a A6-3620 8GB ram (HD 6530D)
This one is lite coin mining with cgminer on the give-me-ltc pool (windows 8 12.8 drivers 2.7 sdk)
The other is bitcoin mining on the bitminter pool (WIN8 13.4 drivers)

The other computer has a AMD FX 6100 and a HD 7750 (ONLY 2 PCIe slots) (downgraded to 13.1 drivers will go lower if recommended/needed.)
This one I want to mine on now.

----------
I have another 7750 and a 5750, I want to put the 5750 in the FX computer to avoid crossfire and use the other 7750 in my current machine.
I intend to mine with the 7750 constant and mine with the 5750 and all cpu cores at night when not in use.
I want to mine with both the A6 apu (both gpu and cpu) and 7750.
I want to know if mining with a a6 apu alone on the other would be worth it Tongue
NOTE: all these systems are on 100% of the time and are set to NOT save ANY power, no cpu parking is permitted and all power saving is disabled. My power bill is at a all time low as "WE" have managed to save on everything else and I don't worry about my bill going up 25-50%

-now for the questions-
One these 3 systems, which form/type of mining on each individually would be most worth it?
Should I just avoid cpu mining altogether?, or would I get any positive gains from it.

What would be a good lite/bitcoin pool based on the systems that I will be using? I am wiling to change anytime. (I was looking at the Coinotron(RBPPS) pool as well but I'm not really sure, looking for a good pool for a small operation I guess...EDIT: I was also looking at slush's pool and already have an account there)
We *may* upgrade the gpus to the HD58** series as we become able to do so.

I am currently running CGminer at an intensity of 10, should I increase this on the discrete gpus?

Last question- Should I bother with namecoins? If so, how do I add them to my wallet/what wallet programs are available for windows?

I AM SO SORRY if this is too much! I tried to solve as much as I can with what little knowledge I gained through my searches! I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL TO YOU GUYS!

And when I get the funds, I will send you (the ones who helped the most) some litecoins! (what are they- like $2.50? -each not really sure at the moment what a good amount would be  Huh)
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:11:16 AM

Litecoin CPU mining is still ok if you are mining on a PPS pool like poolers pool. For mining on PPLNS pools, like P2Pools (like harvestcoin), it is only usefull when you get more than 600 khash/s. Below that the pools won't pay you at all. Also don't mine on CPU when you already mine on GPU with the same computer, as it slows down both miners and you gain nothing.
For the AMD APUs I recommend the 13.6 beta driver, as it squeezes out a little extra hashes compared to the older drivers.
Namecoins are a worthy little extra that you can merge mine on some pools like Bitminter or Bitparking. You need a namecoin wallet like the one from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236375.0

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
JeremyB796 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:09:33 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 09:05:53 AM by JeremyB796

okay- so no cpu mining.

now, sense the level of bitcoin mining is so high, would it make more sense to mine litecoins?

I've had issues running CGMiner on 13.4, if 13.6 fixes this then I am willing to update.

And I have another question..., Where is Pooler's pool?

EDIT: yet another  Lips sealed question...
By "not pay at all" do you mean pay less? I was running my apu's gpu and my 7750 on two workers and I just got 0.00002 LTC in only like half an hour...hmm (i am clueless)
EDIT2:  last one...Some people seem to be Solo Mining on what seems to be weaker hardware...would this be a bad idea as well? (I will assume yes if unanswered P:)

-My god, The Wiki said my mother's pc with just one 7750 would only get 123 MH/s bitmining and it does 150...and with litecoin mining it gets 180Kh/s...I think this is good...-
SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:16:19 AM

Poolers pool is https://www.litecoinpool.org/

By "not pay at all" do you mean pay less?
No, at a PPLNS pool you don't get anything if your hashrate is too low compared with other miners.

For solo mining any of the major coins the difficulty is too high IMHO. Thats like playing lotto, the chance that you win is very low.

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
PEBKAC

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:09:20 PM

okay- so no cpu mining.

now, sense the level of bitcoin mining is so high, would it make more sense to mine litecoins?

I've had issues running CGMiner on 13.4, if 13.6 fixes this then I am willing to update.

And I have another question..., Where is Pooler's pool?

EDIT: yet another  Lips sealed question...
By "not pay at all" do you mean pay less? I was running my apu's gpu and my 7750 on two workers and I just got 0.00002 LTC in only like half an hour...hmm (i am clueless)
EDIT2:  last one...Some people seem to be Solo Mining on what seems to be weaker hardware...would this be a bad idea as well? (I will assume yes if unanswered P:)

-My god, The Wiki said my mother's pc with just one 7750 would only get 123 MH/s bitmining and it does 150...and with litecoin mining it gets 180Kh/s...I think this is good...-
Not paying at all means no income from mining. Some pools do not pay out when your hashrate is too low.

Solo mining on weak hardware is pretty much the same as buying a lottery ticket. The chance you will mine a block is so low that it may never happen.

The 7750 you mention is being made in several flavours. Some card manufacturers do not use the reference design cards and create their own, making something more efficient. THerefore, they can usually run at a higher clockspeed and they will sell them set at that higher clock speed by default.
Most 7750's have a 800Mhz default clock speed, but 825, 850, 875 and even 900Mhz flavours are available. Usually indicated by adding something to the productname, pointing towards that higher performance. "OC", "Ultimate", "Boost" and many other names are being used.
A stock, unflavoured 7750 will do around 125Mh/s in Bitcoin, but this can go up to around 150Mh/s when running at 900Mhz.

JeremyB796 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:30:52 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 09:48:08 PM by JeremyB796

Oh- It seems registration for Pooler's is closed...oh well...I'll try to look for another.
EDIT- I found one that I like Tongue

My 7750's are plain 800MHz core clocks it's probably the cheapest one you can find. I have just overclocked them to 900 (and I read that scrypt mining benifits from mem OC so I did that too) to see if I get any improvement...nope...
HOWEVER my 5750 is built better and has a better heatsink/fan combo so I would imagine that it could surpass it by just a "little" bit...

If anyone has a pool suggestion, I will look at it, after math my cards would do somewhere between 450 Kh/s and 500 Kh/s--I hope to build a cheap mining rig with cheap everything and 58** gpus...

I won't attempt solo mining then as I would rather make more use of the energy used.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: