Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:10:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will the 28th Hard Fork affect the price of BTC & Altcoins  (Read 432 times)
TheBigBooster

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:06:50 PM

Everything should go up i think.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:07:12 PM

there's been so many forks i sort of stopped paying attention now. they don't seem to affect the price anymore after a cutlery draw full of forks has been dumped on the community. so i'm going to go with no market effect at all on this one.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:11:34 PM

omg no more hard forks please ! i love bitcoin core!

greez
Why doesn't these forks just correct the problems that we are all having, they should just increase the block size so that transactions can confirm earlier and so that we pay lower fees, Thats what everyone wants.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:36:18 PM

They don't appear to influence the cost any longer after a cutlery draw brimming with forks has been dumped on the group. so i will run with no market impact at all on this one.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:36:47 PM

Why doesn't these forks just correct the problems that we are all having, they should just increase the block size so that transactions can confirm earlier and so that we pay lower fees, Thats what everyone wants.

Everyone except the current BTC miners and the bankers that own them and if you keep people thirsty by blocking the water well
then you can charge almost what you like for water if no one moves away  

Trust that was weak at best has been broken here over fees and tweaking the block size or time will buy some time but longer term
the block-chain needs throwing in the bin with all its flaws, least of which is PoW and we needed a new sleak mean machine if Joe
public arrives and they want to do micro-transactions which is kind of obvious anyway

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V365_59-Lc and learn whats on the other side of the coin

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:05:07 AM

I don't give such a great meaning to forks as before. Forks are going to become a usual even and a toy in hands of speculators, so I don't expect anything new about it, price will continue it's raise and that's it.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:09:40 AM

Everything should go up i think.

Why do you say like that? on what basis?

cryptoj3sus

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:23:14 AM

Well the question is will there be a fork?

it is not confirmed at all for now, so its a speculation.

If there will be a fork and we get b2x coins, and btc and we will get segwit adoption and later LN, that would be great... but its a question if there will be such a fork on 28.12.2017
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:26:28 AM

I don't give such a great meaning to forks as before. Forks are going to become a usual even and a toy in hands of speculators, so I don't expect anything new about it, price will continue it's raise and that's it.

You mean nowadays forks are normal and no major effect on BTC price ?

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:46:18 PM

you can buy B2X futures right now on https://hitbtc.com for only $400 instead of about $1000 on yobit

I just looked and it's gone, no B2X on the screen and i know it was on YoBit for about $1000 yesterday

Myself I was hoping this was not all a scam but even I must admit that it's starting to look that way if
it's $400 on one exchange and $1000 on the other.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

Actually What is B2X? can some one explain me it  Don't laugh at my knowledge .. Grin Cool

paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:31:17 PM

well, first forks were impacting very much the price of BTC (people wanted to buy more in order to have as much as possible new shiny coins), but now is becoming a joke, what should we do now? Why not another hard fork? Great idea! How should we call the new coin?
For me, it's another useless fork instead trying to solve the issues we are having now, another fork, nothing new to see..
darkywis

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:41:00 PM

In my observation the price of bitcoin will be low till the end of the year and also the altcoins will be low too.

Smpdytz

Activity: 122
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:43:54 PM

I dont this it doesnt affect too much either btc or altcoin.because btc is soo much strong now and it used with many forks.and even altcoin always doesnt have a much affect with hard fork but sometimes the coin price will down for very few moments
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:46:51 PM

Bitcoin is already taking a heavy hit by the bears making me doubt if the hard fork on the 28th of this month will have effect on the price. Meanwhile, for the altcoins we all know majority of them are trading pairs with Bitcoin, if the hard fork does not affect bitcoin in any way then the altcoins will not be affected too.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

In my observation the price of bitcoin will be low till the end of the year and also the altcoins will be low too.

But some of altcoins already have climbed well huh? for instance XVG,

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

I think the new fork will touch altcoins mostly rather bitcoin itself. Today I have heard about new airdrops where to have a new coin you will have to have an altcoin, do not remember which one, possibly NEM. So the new fork will shake altcoin section, but bitcoin will stay the same road.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:09:53 PM

As far as I know, only a few users are supporting this fork and none of the mining pools or exchange owners are backing it. So I expect it to have minimal impact, and the new S2X coin will be most probably having an exchange rate of less than $100.
Sowik

Merit: 327

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:16:05 PM

Its time to stop with all the forks n stuff. People pulling new btc forks from their ***, seriously, stop.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:21:05 PM

Ahem, and these altcoins, are essentially 'forks', mainly scamcoins - really, as time goes on, they will be lost in the sea of altcoins. Why?

Simple: with each derivative fork the new altcoin makes itself much weaker in ALL of these ways:

-less hashing power than the real Bitcoin network. Thus new scamcoin will be less secure.

-less open, global development of protocol codebase than real Bitcoin. Thus new scamcoin slow to innovate and be more vulnerable.

-less (true) independent full nodes on the network than real Bitcoin. New scamcoin more susceptible to attacks on protocol and hijacking.

-more concentration of coins to fewer individuals than the real Bitcoin network. Thus new scamcoin becomes more unfair with time.

-more geographic concentration of mining than the real Bitcoin network. Thus the new scamcoin will have more points of failure.

-more hardforks demonstrate all these points moreso with each iteration to global public. Thus new scamcoins lose value vs Bitcoin every year.

-is just another altcoin

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If its development wasn't decentralized around the world, there would be no value
If there was central "leaders" or foundation for the coin, there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to make the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system.

To anyone curious, this is how bitcoin has faired even with the many hundred of altcoin forks from its open source standard it set;
Chart of performance of assets from Xmas 2014 to Dec 1. 2017 (in USD terms):
Bitcoin/USD
S&P 500 Stocks
Real Estate (REITs)
Gold
Bonds

Here are weekly peer-to-peer localbitcoins cash trade data for two random countries as time goes on. Right-most area is the most recent past week.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: